LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KORG CX-3 vs Hammond XK-3  (Read 4609 times)

Offline terbor

• LGM Member
    • http://

KORG CX-3 vs Hammond XK-3
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:25:54 PM »
which one is the best and why .

We have a samll church and are looking for a portable organ that will last and also be good when we move in to a bigger church . god bless you all and keep up the good work .

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

Re: KORG CX-3 vs Hammond XK-3
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »
Can you guys afford the entire xk-system (lower manual, foot pedals, bench)?

I played that set up yesterday with a 771 Leslie....lord have mercy!!!

Offline P_music

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The just shall live/walk by Faith
    • Perry's Audio and Electronics Online Store

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:18:57 PM »
I actually have a Hammond B3 performance setup on my Roland Fantom-S. The midi tracks in the performance setup act as drawbars (and things like organ click and leakage). With each track, you have control over the volume of each drawbar, and all the sounds are layered together like a real organ. I can also set the effects to emulate different leslies and control how fast/slow the leslie fan rotates. It eats up polyphony, which is a bit of a problem with the Fantom-S because it only has 64-note polyphony. It may be a good solution for you if you have a set of organ setting that you like. You can set those up as different performance setups. Also, you have all the other sounds of the keyboard. If you like to mess with the drawbars realtime, then one of the board you mentioned, or maybe the new Yamaha Motif XS (with all the sliders) will be better. I hope that helps!

p_music

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:20:59 AM »
i use a cx-3.it has some really cool features and sounds pretty good.i like the feel of the keys better than the xk.either one is a blessing-prz LORD

Offline Kevykev388

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »
i use a cx-3.it has some really cool features and sounds pretty good.i like the feel of the keys better than the xk.either one is a blessing-prz LORD

Does that CX-3 have transpose? Not that it's a MUST. I'm in the process of learning more keys, but I can only do that at practice, not during the service (might get fired cuz of wrong notes lol)! The last organist got fired, for coming to church smelling like alcohol several times and missing notes and chords! Don't want them to think the same of me lol!
Keys, bass, drums, trombone, I sing a lil bit too lol

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:07:57 AM »
Does that CX-3 have transpose? Not that it's a MUST. I'm in the process of learning more keys, but I can only do that at practice, not during the service (might get fired cuz of wrong notes lol)! The last organist got fired, for coming to church smelling like alcohol several times and missing notes and chords! Don't want them to think the same of me lol!

LOL!

Sweet!

Offline terbor

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »
Yes the cx-3 has transpone sorry to here about your organ player . we'll keep him in pary .

may be he just took communion .lol

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 05:07:22 PM »
hey kev-just saw your post,i think the cx-3 has a tranpose;i've never looked for it! havin' a board transpose for me would drive me nutty-i' too old-skool--ie 70's(lik when dinosaurs walked the earth.be blessed

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 07:15:42 PM »
The korg cx 3 is hot.
Shannon moore

Offline MMCOGICboy

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 07:36:36 PM »
Here are two videos on the Hammond XK3 system.

http://hammondorganco.com/xksysvideo.htm
Always remember Psalms 33:3- Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

Offline jdbester

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 08:13:16 AM »
i personaly like the xk-3

Offline csharp57

• LGM Member
  • Music is life!!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 04:02:17 PM »
I play a Hammond B-3 in my 7:30am worship and a XK3 in the 11:45 mid-day.  I love all the features of the XK.  I use a Triton for basslines and to switch to for piano, organ, rhodes, etc.  I would pick this set-up anyday over just the B-3.  But thats just me.  Here in NYC the guitar center lets you try out the instruments for 30 days.  I tried the XK and never looked back.

"He has anoited me for service"

Offline brodonny

• LGM Member
  • THIS IS WIFEY.SHE'S FINE AND ALL MINE.AMEN AAAMMEN
    • donnypomerleegospelpiano.com

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 03:47:11 PM »
IF YOU READ MY PROFILE I PERSONALLY OWN A CX-3.IT'S SUPER SICKER THAN THE XK-3.BUT THEY BOTH ARE GOOD. GOD BLESS
JESUS IS THE WAY.NO IF,AND,OR BUTS BROTHER AND SISTERS.AMEN AAAAAMMMEEENN
Pages: [1]   Go Up