LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for Praise Team music.  (Read 934 times)

Offline idoobiedub

• LGM Member

Question for Praise Team music.
« on: May 17, 2004, 11:14:38 AM »
I just want some input regarding these songs.  Would these songs be good for a praise and worship team of about 7 or 8 people or should this be done by a mass choir?

There is a name - Byron Cage

God wants a yes - James Hall

Praise is what I do - Shekinah Glory Ministry

More than anything - Lamar Campbell
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."  Gal. 6:9

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 11:48:18 AM »
It depends on your church.  I would probably save "God wants a Yes" though.  That is more of a choir song.  But the rest are decent I suppose.
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline dcweats

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 03:13:12 PM »
I have done both PIWID and There is a name with  a praise team. I think Dooley is on point with God wants a Yes. A choir might be a better choice to do that one.

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 08:53:45 AM »
I agree as well with "God Wants A Yes", remember "do not choose songs that have an enormous amount of words for the congregation to sing, long “solo” verses, or difficult harmonies, you will only lose the congregation and they will not be participating in worship" (Joe Pace, Gospel Today). When singing songs during praise and/or worship, you want to keep it simple so that everyone in the congregation can join in with your choir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up