LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: See What Oprah said about Jesus....  (Read 2127 times)

Nakia518

See What Oprah said about Jesus....
« on: August 10, 2005, 03:37:16 PM »

Offline Gina3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 04:07:54 PM »
She is lost.  We must pray for her.

tondee

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 04:10:30 PM »
You know, I always wondered about her.  We're not suppose to focus on others but she's such a high profile that other people are listening to her.  You remember those special Wednesday shows she used to have (are they still going?) the self-help positive make-you-feel-good shows every Wednesday.  I seen a couple of them and even then I noticed the lack-of-God.  Believe in yourself.  Love yourself first (the Whitney song).  So on.  So, I'm not surprised.  A lot of rich people do this.  Get into Yoga, Kabbalah, Christian Scientist, all that stuff.  They're out there.

Tony

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 04:49:58 PM »
All I can say is WOW 8O ...That's a old show I believe so things can change with in that time... :?
MERCY EN!!

Offline DetroitB3

• LGM Member
  • Playing in the key of life
    • http://

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:05:34 PM »
I believe Oprah is trying to stay neutral, as not to offend any of her viewers..

yielded

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 06:32:55 PM »
Until Jesus calls us home in the rapture, there is still hope for her.  It's sad that she has compromised the faith for what appears to be rating.  As it has already been said, pray!

monique201284

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 06:39:58 PM »
Quote from: Gina3
She is lost.  We must pray for her.

Yep, I agree with Gina. Oprah is lost. She's brainwashed and we must pray for her.

Senorita Monique

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 07:18:20 PM »
She doenn't want to offend anyone. Must stay neutral for the $$$$$$$$$.

JoyCH

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 09:33:43 PM »
The bible says were a man's (woman's) treasure is - is where you can find his heart.  :wink:

Joy

Offline TheLawGiver

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 10:12:44 PM »
Please keep in mind that Oprah Winfrey is a talk show host. She is not claiming to be a TV evangelist, minister or anyting that is representing the church. Her appeal is to the masses. So she is often neutral.  She may drop some jewels of spirituality, but she is not going to go overboard. She is a business woman with a multi-million dollar empire. So she chooses her words carefully.

So please give the sister some slack. We do not know what her prayer life is or what is her personal relationship with God is? She might be more grounded than what we think

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 10:21:00 PM »
Quote from: TheLawGiver
Please keep in mind that Oprah Winfrey is a talk show host. She is not claiming to be a TV evangelist, minister or anyting that is representing the church. Her appeal is to the masses. So she is often neutral.  She may drop some jewels of spirituality, but she is not going to go overboard. She is a business woman with a multi-million dollar empire. So she chooses her words carefully.

So please give the sister some slack. We do not know what her prayer life is or what is her personal relationship with God is? She might be more grounded than what we think

If you listened to what she said, you know exactly where she stands. She believes there are many paths to God.  We, as Christians, know this is not true.  You're either for God or against Him......there is no in between.

Offline LorenzoS

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 11:26:21 PM »
i gotta get to a better computer to check this out
We can go from Glory to Goofy in a matter of seconds, by not heeding HIS voice. M.G. Blankenship

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 11:34:54 PM »

No, we pretty much know her viewpoint when she says to someone else "Because YOU say there's only one way to God doesn't mean there is".
That lays it right out there that she not only thinks that Jesus is a liar, but then decided to practice the age-old tried-and not-so-true tactics of so many anti-Christians by reducing the argument to one of attacking the "messenger" (she didn't say "Because Jesus says...", she looked at the woman she was speaking to and said "Because YOU say...") and then drifting off into fantasy land about people on remote islands who've never heard the Gospel, etc...

She's a parrot of many New Age believers that have come before her in the "All roads lead to God-ism" religion.

Hebrews 13:5-6
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
   "Never will I leave you;
      never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence,
   "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
      What can man do to me?"

Choosing her words "wisely", imho, would have been to defend the words of Jesus.

But I'll extend to her the same grace given me 'cause maybe God's not done with her yet.  :wink:
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline lextar

• LGM Member
  • All things are possible to him who believes

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 07:35:49 AM »
I watched the clip. That was really sad and heartbreaking. I always thought she was a true sister, but I hope between then and now, she has found the truth. If not, I pray she finds Him sooner than later.
In all things give thanks to God.

Offline RayC

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 07:53:01 AM »
It is sad and heartbreaking. Im glad that audience member stood firm in her beliefs and challenged her. I think that she has forgotten that being loving, kind, considerate, generous etc. does not mean much if you dont have Jesus! she really (maybe indirectly) is saying that Jesus lied when He said that He was the way and the Truth and the Life and noone cometh to the Father but by Him. I will pray. Thats all we can do. And to also pray that people who are watching will also come to know the Truth which is Jesus Christ!

tondee

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 08:04:18 AM »

How can you be grounded into God, yet lead people astray?  Oxymoron...

Tony

Offline jamaicanbaan

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 03:08:03 PM »
WOW I’m sooooo surprised to see that everyone disagrees with Opera…..Logically if you think about it thoroughly, the name of GOD does not translate in the form of Jesus for every culture. Nor does the name holds the same value within them. However, we have to realize that everyone is entitled to believe what they want to believe. It is not our position to pound our own beliefs into the heads of others. Just take a look of what happens when you do that (throughout history).

I don’t know if you guys have forgotten about how this country “America” began in the early days of the Puritans. Look at what happened to the Native Americans(IN WHICH MOST BLACK PEOPLE ARE MIXED WITH) because of it!!! Look at what happened to the African Slaves because of it…….I’ve never come across any reference in the Bible that stated that self-proclaimed appointed worshipers  were bestowed the authority by God to inflect harmful and fatal  punishment unto any population that were unaware of Jesus and they ways of a Christian life.

Opera is not lost and I have a strong feeling that she is not just fronting for television. I think that her words are true. We can’t judge other people’s beliefs of what a higher power should be called……

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m Catholic and I will say that anything associated with evil IS not the way of Jesus and it is wrong. And yes I think that religions that incorporate methods of revenge to harm people is also evil (World trade center).  I hope that everyone can take another listen to that clip and listen closely to the things Opera is saying. I agree with it.

Another point regarding the “FOUR CORNOR” statement, how can people at all corners of the world (in remote locations) believe in something they’ve never heard before… Evidently they only know what their own culture has thought them. And I’m not just talking about new religions but religions that have been around before Christ……..Example: Do you think people in the B.C. and A.D. CHINESE kingdoms knew about Jesus???? Think about it……..

And lastly, to say that a statement such as the one that Opera made is wrong would be calling all people that were persecuted for their beliefs a righteous act. Just think about African Slaves and Native Americans being literally beat into believing what other people wanted them to believe.  LOOK AT THE WORLD People everyone has a right to believe what they want. That’s why GOD gave man individuality. And it is only Him that can make a final decision on a person’s fate.

tondee

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 03:45:46 PM »
Hey, we're talking about how unscriptural she is, not about how we're gonna strap her down and enslave her and control her thoughts.  What are you talking about?  There is only one way to God, no matter what country you're in.  She's calling Jesus a liar.  And I think you're saying she's right.  No one's judging her.  We're going from what SHE said.  She started off saying what researchers said then she jumped onto the soapbox and made her own claim.  She said it.  Loud and clear.  So what did you miss?

Tony

tondee

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 03:54:12 PM »
I'm not trying to be argumentive.  I'm just saying we have a right to think what we think just as you said Oprah has a right.

Offline RayC

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 04:10:13 PM »
jamaicanbaan-

John 14v6 Jesus saith unto him (Thomas), I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

By saying what you said, you are actually disputing the words of Jesus.
The scripture, I believe is sufficient evidence that He is the only way

The Word of God also says that the Gospel (which is Jesus) must be preached into all nations before the end come. Trust me: God is God and He will find a way or send somebody to those who have never heard.

For those who were alive before Jesus came, had the Law that was given by God. The law was for those people to follow and it pointed to Jesus. Jesus even said that He didnt come to destroy the Law but to fulfil it which says that the law was good enough in those days to follow. However we are not under law now but under grace. But at that time, the law was their guide

Its true that God  gave us individuality and im glad that He did but we are to use it for His Glory. But along with individuality, He also gave us a free will to serve Him or not and I guess by Oprah words......

Jesus said He is the Way. I never said that. So by Oprah saying what she said is saying that Jesus was not telling the truth and that there are other ways to God. The Word of God says otherwise and thats what I believe :D  :D

I hope I've made sense in this post.
God Bless
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up