LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Triton Xtreme, Yamaha Motif, Roland Phantom  (Read 1215 times)

yielded

Triton Xtreme, Yamaha Motif, Roland Phantom
« on: February 02, 2005, 08:59:27 AM »
I've been playing on Korg's for a good number of years now and I am considering upgrading.  Currently I own a Korg Triton, but I'm considering either the Triton Xtreme, Yamaha Motif, or Roland Phantom.  The closest "good" music is a little ways from where I live, so I have not had much exposure to them outside of reading.  I could really use some tips from anyone that owns any of these boards (The good, the bad, and the ugly).

yielded

Offline lildrummaboy_987

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 03:50:11 PM »
i dont own any of the keyboards personally but have done extensive play with all of them. the motif beats all of them overall. it is easier to look at every last sound using the category search. the tritan doesnt do that. the fantom is nice but doesnt have as many sounds. the motif sounds the best out of all of them but i say u take that trip to ur local guitar center demo all of them and see whats best for you

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:12:08 PM »
Quote from: lildrummaboy_987
i dont own any of the keyboards personally but have done extensive play with all of them. the motif beats all of them overall. it is easier to look at every last sound using the category search. the tritan doesnt do that. the fantom is nice but doesnt have as many sounds. the motif sounds the best out of all of them but i say u take that trip to ur local guitar center demo all of them and see whats best for you

I agree!!!
Artistik Muzik

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Personally....
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 10:50:37 PM »
I like my Yamaha S90. :D
:)

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 02:38:51 AM »
Well I own the roland phantom and although I love it and its sounds, it takes a while getting to learn your way around the board.  Also it will take even more time ( at least it did for me) learning the sequencer and all of its nuances ( I still don't use all of the features).  I already have a roland rd700 but it was way to heavy to be hauling down to the church every other day.  I wanted a lighter board with some workstation capabilities and I caught the phantom on a blowout sale.  Like I said I love the board but it took me a while to get used to it.

jlewis

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
i havent got to mess w/ the phantom yet but i have a motif and a triton extreme. Now if your gonna pick 1 i would go w/ the motif! trust me you wont be  :cry: that you did. Pretty much all the sounds make you go 8O  :D  8O  8O  :D I do a lot of recording in the studio & alot of live stuff & it goes above & beyond in both situations :!:  :wink:  :D  8)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

I stilll
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 10:12:01 AM »
I still think my S90 is better than the Motif.  :D
:)

yielded

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 11:47:15 PM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone!!!