LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ::: Micah Stampley's "Ransomed" :::  (Read 4289 times)

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

::: Micah Stampley's "Ransomed" :::
« on: November 15, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »
Ay, I picked up that new Micah Stampley CD on 11/13/2008. 

So far, I'm digging the project. 

My favorite tracks (so far) are as follows:

- The Corinthian Song and its reprise
- More of you
- Ransomed and its reprise
- Rain

I'm sure that you're wonderin' who's playing on this thang, huh?  Here's the line up:

Kevin Bond - piano and synths
Darrieux Edgecombe - organ and synths
Darrell Freeman - bass and key bass
Joey Wolfalk - acoustic guitar
Jonathan Dubose - electric guitar

and on the traps is none other than...
Jeremy Haynes!

The lyrical content is off the chain, as well as the musicianship.  On note, though: I wish that the drums were mixed better.  This is no knock on Kevin Bond, but his other projects seems to have the programming smothering the drum mix (cited example: Diary of a Psalmist).  If I didn't have bionic ears (lol), I would miss what's being played on the drums, as everyone else is blended better than the drum mix.

Okay, Jeremy - we're going to need an in depth analysis of how you approached these tunes, man!
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: ::: Micah Stampley's "Ransomed" :::
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »
Ah, this is good news, indeed. I LOVED, 'Fresh Wind'.

Good lookin' out, Nupe!
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »
Not a problem, Nupie!   8)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 01:16:53 PM »
Ok man!  I'm going to buy this product but...well you know.  Better not be another man on fire lol!

Offline JrDADrumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »
I copped this on election day. I like it. Mr. Haynes plays well on this, as expected. Great groove and placement. I honestly prefer Fresh Wind, mostly because I prefer Aaron Lindsey as a producer. But regardless, Micah did well with this one.
Just play music...

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 01:56:30 PM »
Better not be another man on fire lol!

Those were some great times...   :D

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »
I honestly prefer Fresh Wind, mostly because I prefer Aaron Lindsey as a producer.

Yeah, A Fresh Wind is/was that fonk!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »
Gonna have to get this one in support of the fam, Jeremy Haynes and because I am still digging Fresh Wind.

Thanks for the review/report
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 06:39:28 PM »
OMG - that "More of you" is PLUSH, especially in the singers' verse (the words and the keys set if off for that part, IMO)!!! 

Oh, and that intro is hot, too...

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 09:02:43 PM »
...I'll be on it soon.  Not just cause it's Micah....but I'm truly diggin' Jeremy Haynes' musical thought process.  8)
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »
*Bizzump*

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »
...the truth!  I love it!  jhaynes is blessing the skins as usual.

...there is definetly a "FLOW" of the Holy Spirit in this recording.  ;D
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline smarkland38

• LGM Member
    • myspace.com

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 11:04:42 PM »
I just picked up this project, and i digging tracks Rain& Fresh wind the band flow are on point!
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME!!!

www.myspace.com/sidmark

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 06:15:55 PM »
 :D FAMILY!!!!!! Speakin for myself and the fellas we really appreciate the love you guys are showing us on here, the kind words and generous thoughts have always been powerful to me and the crew so just want to say "THANK YOU!" unfortunately I have no say in mix because, I'm never available to be involved during the process because of other schedulings that demand my gift and  leadership. But inspite of it all Micah is totally blown away by the record so that's the most important part of this process, so please continue to pray for us as we continue to walk in all of the giftings that GOD has placed in our hands and lives to be charge over! I Love All You Guys! And keep ur ears to the ground because ya boy's got a lot on his table right now (PRAISE GOOD!) between my band getting ready to shoot a live DVD concert, producing and mixing 3 records right now (that you will hear the best drum mixes ever) ;) plus Driving the band/music ministry at my church, (Beulah Baptist Church in Atl)  and family I need ur prayers. Once again family Thanx for the Love and support u've shown, ur kindness will never be taken for weakness.
Later Fam! What up Sab!!!!!

Offline Vangie D

• LGM Member
  • zawmar drumsticks 'play.minister.groove.'
    • www.youtube.com/user/vangied

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »
love the album... listened to it 2day... great flow and consistency!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »
:D FAMILY!!!!!! Speakin for myself and the fellas we really appreciate the love you guys are showing us on here, the kind words and generous thoughts have always been powerful to me and the crew so just want to say "THANK YOU!" unfortunately I have no say in mix because, I'm never available to be involved during the process because of other schedulings that demand my gift and  leadership. But inspite of it all Micah is totally blown away by the record so that's the most important part of this process, so please continue to pray for us as we continue to walk in all of the giftings that GOD has placed in our hands and lives to be charge over! I Love All You Guys! And keep ur ears to the ground because ya boy's got a lot on his table right now (PRAISE GOOD!) between my band getting ready to shoot a live DVD concert, producing and mixing 3 records right now (that you will hear the best drum mixes ever) ;) plus Driving the band/music ministry at my church, (Beulah Baptist Church in Atl)  and family I need ur prayers. Once again family Thanx for the Love and support u've shown, ur kindness will never be taken for weakness.

All is well Jeremy! Hit with the date of the DVD recording.

I am yet to pick up the Micah joint but I will soon. God bless bruh!
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 01:24:04 AM »

::)

Offline nyceboy

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 07:05:31 PM »
well, i bought one and i think these songs are spirit filled:
speak into my life,
how great you are,
close to you
and more of you.

someone should go on and get Darwin Hobbs new cd(free) i believe it's one of his best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up