LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WUT IS APPREGIO AND ALL DIS OTHER STUFF...  (Read 2301 times)

Offline samoanboy87

• LGM Member
    • http://

WUT IS APPREGIO AND ALL DIS OTHER STUFF...
« on: March 19, 2005, 11:41:50 AM »
WELL, U KNOW I REALLY KNOW WUT APPREGIO IS WHEN I DONT KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT...WELL, I TRIED MY BEST, I DONT KNOW IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG...BUT ANYWAY, WUT IS DAT THOUGH... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME...

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 09:55:49 AM »
Arpeggio means to play each of the notes of a chord seperate.  For example instead of playing a C major chord like this,  C-E-G  you would play it broken up like this,  C, E, G   same chords just played different.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline samoanboy87

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 11:23:22 AM »
Huh??? Um, thanx for the explaination...But, I'm still kinda lost here...A true keyboard player would master his craft, and that's wut I'm trynna do.  Big thanx foe da help though. :D  :D  :D God bless...

kadman92

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 11:56:43 AM »
Like T said... you play chords in single notes... but you play as if you were rolling up or down the keyboard as smoothly as you can.  Fast or slow makes no difference other than the effect you are trying to achive.

Offline JoashStilltheman

• LGM Member

this might help
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 07:00:40 AM »
Arpeggios are widely used like some kind of bassline to back up a melody done by the right hand. You don't play them as a chord but as individual notes. A common one would be, in the key of C:   C-G-C. C-little finger, G-pointing finger, C- thumb. So if for example you were playing a I-IV-V progression you'd play like this:
I: C-G-C
IV:F-C-F
v: G-D-G
So your right hand will be playing the melody while your left hand is playing these notes. There are other different kinds of arpeggios but this is the most common one and maybe the simplest too.
Joash....still the man

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 11:51:25 AM »

Offline samoanboy87

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 11:27:36 AM »
:lol: Oh, Dud Alex, dats my name by da way...I'm so retarded.  So an arpreggio or however u spell it is basically when da left hand is playing a single note, but it sounds like a whole chord, or sumthin.  I get it.  I be doin dat 2, i dont kno wut it is, but i do it 2. Dats how i play all my songs. Like when i play on F, my right hand plays da whole chord, but my left hand plays F, C, and F.  Oh, thanx...Yal so helpful...God Bless Yal...

Offline DJpaps

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 12:43:52 PM »
an appergio is when ur chord playing hand(right hand in ur case) is playing the notes of the chords individually so it sounds smooth and u can run it up and down the key board, Hope that helps

God bless

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: WUT IS APPREGIO AND ALL DIS OTHER STUFF...
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 02:51:30 PM »
Quote from: samoanboy87
WELL, U KNOW I REALLY KNOW WUT APPREGIO IS WHEN I DONT KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT...WELL, I TRIED MY BEST, I DONT KNOW IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG...BUT ANYWAY, WUT IS DAT THOUGH... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME...

Here is a midi by Mysteryman of an arpeggio. Click on the link--- MMan's Arpeggio

Offline JoashStilltheman

• LGM Member

yep
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 08:10:21 AM »
Yeah u got it right boy. when u play F  chord with your right hand, you play FCF with your left hand. But remember u don't play the FCF as a chord but as individual notes that sound melodious. U play F then C then F so u can clearly hear the single notes.
Joash....still the man

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member
  • Me after I rode my bike from Austin to Arkansas!

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 10:49:09 AM »
Samoan,

I certainly encourage you to keep asking questions like that and find out all you can.  

Don't let yourself get down if you don't know all that stuff.  

I went to music school and can name all that stuff, but most gospel pianists can play circles around me.
Thanks for letting me hang with you guys!

Offline JoashStilltheman

• LGM Member

yep yep
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 08:14:55 AM »
Haha, you're right C3, some stuff is learnt in the basement. Music school is good but can be constricting. I personally haven't been to music school but people don't tell the difference except that I can't read music but still they don't tell the difference in the sound of the music. Hey, as long as God is glorified. He's pleased with my scribbling. If he had a fridge, he would display his child's artwork. Even if you're the best pianist in the world, you cannot impress him. Your child-like faith is what will please God. Unlike in the secular circles where skill matters most. In American Idol, if you can sing like whitney Houston then you'll most probably win. In worship circles, if you can worship God in spirit and in truth....
Joash....still the man
Pages: [1]   Go Up