LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joy CH, I had to tell you  (Read 917 times)

Offline Scales27

• LGM Member

Joy CH, I had to tell you
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:22:59 PM »
you are definetly right. I'm glad you put that up there simply because it makes me question my state of mind during those times. I have a lot of growing up to do mentally and spiritually. perhaps in some point I will have the same reaction that you have to excessive shouting or forms of praise that I find humor in (even though I find humor in alot of serious things). You can delete this after you read it, I just fel that I should tell you that. For the record though, I don't really praise GOD in dance-shouting or even clapping my hands. Instead of shouting I find myself playing chords alot better than I normally do or playing the congos alot better/faster than I normally do. I'd actually like to learn every instrument in Psalms 150 so I could do it literally.

Nakia518

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 01:01:49 PM »
Well just to claify my post.... I put it up there because I found it really odd to be in a state of worship, and the pastor get up in the middle and directs everyone to meet him down at the alter for a shout..... I have noticed things when I was younger and not understaning the presence of God, I watched people praise and never actually participated....

A few weeks back I was in worship and when the pastor did what he did, it was sad because I felt that he stomped out the presence of God... It was like they were showing that they could shout.... And truth be told I wasn't in the mood to shout.... So I just continued to worship by speaking in tonges.... Now if someone breaks out shouting right next to you, you are gonna open your eyes.... So I just stood there and watched and saw people playing.... I felt that it wasn't appropiate at the time for a shout.... The people at this particulr church is known for their shouting.... Which in my opinion is bad... A church should be recognized by the teachings....

However, I do apologize to everyone who was offened by the thread.... I only wanted to express my opinion and make a statement....

Offline RayC

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 06:09:35 PM »
Im not sure if I should reply to this post (because the the thread has been locked) but im feeling led to say this:

I come from a church that shouting and praising God is the norm. In Joshua 6 v 16, Joshua told the people to shout. Sometimes the Pastor or minister is led to lead the people into a shout just like Joshua did. I do believe that there are people who shout for the sake of shouting and thats wrong. But the Bible commands that we shout. And like someone said in the previous thread, you dont know why they are shoutin. I shout because sometimes the presence of God is so strong that you dont what else to do but shout. Its like being a football or basketball game. You cheer and shout when they score. Just like God. When He does something for you, its makes you wanna SHOUT!! Thats all I wanted to say. Praise the Lord

Offline DivineIvy08

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 07:53:16 PM »
I feel you *RayC*...  Anytime praise is genuine, God is relishing in it, no matter what form that praise happens to come out.  Shout on, dance on, cry on, rock on...do what the Spirit leads you to do.  Just don't fake it!!

JoyCH

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 10:22:01 PM »
I appreciate the comments, including the pm's and im's. But the reality is we as Christians need to mature in our walk with God. We are focused on everything that going on in the church but God. If someone wants to play church - they will answer for that. Don't become part of the madness by feeding into it. It will only get in your spirit and make you disgruntal with the church. And if I'm at a church where I'm not growing its time to move on.

Joy

Offline Prophetess3

• LGM Member

SHOUTING
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 12:35:41 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but the shouting I see in the Bible is not always spirit led,  I feel that is what some of you are saying.
When they shouted in the Bible they Shouted out of victory and honor to God...
When You shout this is a form of praise that  you desire to give to God...
We Shout because we are happy God saved us (do you need the Holy ghost to do that for You???) We shout our way out of a storm (no matter how bad it is we shout to tell God we know He is going to bring us through)
All in All Shouting can be just a dance at times, or a relishing in Praise.. But Shout till you feel like you are giving God all of You David shouted his clothes off.
Now I must say all that falling out in the spirit sometimes I think the person is tired so they fall out to catch their breath LOL LOL LOL
Just my input!!!

Offline princeday

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 04:22:06 PM »
that is an interesting view, Prophetess3. :?

Offline JesusFan95

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 05:32:07 PM »
i agree with Prophetees3

the bible records that David danced before the lord with all HIS might, never said he was in the spirit to do such a thing

the bible said that the JOY of the lord is my strength
if that's the case we can say when one has joy they have strength and with strength comes the ability to win the battle

you dont have to be in the spirit to have joy, thus in my opinion you dont have to be in the spirit to express your happiness, joy, or gladness in the lord

as Prophetess3 said, shouting is a form of praise, something you express
as one song i listen to a lot says "he'll understand if your not perfect, or how it feels to know if you've been untrue, but the one whose never failed dont know like we know how good it feels to pray and have your faith renewed"

thus is the case point here, he dont know how it is to shout cause of where he hasnt had to experience the saving grace he provides, but we have and through our shouting it is a way of us expressing our love and appreciation towards him

IMO

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 08:01:47 PM »
Prophetess3 wrote:
Now I must say all that falling out in the spirit sometimes I think the person is tired so they fall out to catch their breath LOL LOL LOL

That is exactly what it is.  They just plain out tired and need to take a break.  They will feel alright after a little "time-out".  LOL!!!
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline bug

• LGM Member
  • Best teacher is one who makes you want to learn.
    • http://Music Services

What God can do
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 09:06:15 PM »
God can put running in you.  He can put shouting in you also.  People might think you are crazy, but he can put dancing in you too.

I used to ask my dad why are these people acting so strange when I was a kid.

He said son, "Negros are emotional son".

My dad was a trip.  God bless him.  He died in 1991.  He was 73.

No God can do whatever He wants to do with whomever He wants to do it with.

Race has nothing to do with it.  The Holy Spirit is really awesome.  The Holy Spirit can make you do whatever It wants to do.

brother scott
The greatest mistake most amateur musicians make is giving up.  Don't give up !!!

JoyCH

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 10:09:03 PM »
Scales I never thank you personally for this post. When I reread the comments I noticed how peaceful everyone's reply was. If only the others were this simple then there wouldn't be a need to edit or delete posts.

You guys are genuine. Thank you.   :D

Joy
Pages: [1]   Go Up