LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praise and Worship Songs  (Read 6355 times)

Offline elijahmarquice

• LGM Member

Praise and Worship Songs
« on: March 31, 2005, 11:40:01 AM »
Can anyone give me advice on songs for praise and worship. I'm a minister of music at a baptist church and I'm tring to give the church some life. I'm young and radical!!! What do you other musicians do.?Any advice????????

Praise and Worship Songs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 12:23:16 PM »
Israel Houghton songs are really good.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Praise and Worship Songs
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 12:55:33 PM »
If were going there with Isreal, then let's talk Martha Munizzi. You could do songs like:

All Hail King Jesus
Come thou almighty King (Rev. Timothy Wright)
We worship and Praise Your name (Heritage Christian Mass Choir)

You could also check out a group called, Christ for the Nations. They do a song called, "Magnify Jesus" which is hot.

If I can think of others, I'll holla

Jonathan
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Scales27

• LGM Member

Praise and Worship Songs
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 01:55:23 PM »
Most of Irael and new breed's songs. (Friend, Friend of god, another breakthrough, etc.)

preach25

songs!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 01:58:13 PM »
Israel Houghton & Byron Cage are excellent choices 4 praise and worship.

Offline musmin7

• LGM Member
  • Minister Burton Pryor
    • Musmin7 youtube page

worship advice
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 05:24:14 PM »
First thing is are you in sync with what the pastor wants or the direction he is leading in.
That must be the first thing to know because if he's not going in that direction there are no list of songs that will give the church life. You will only get more frustrated trying to figure out why the church still is not moving.

one thing you can do is look for songs that are rearranged hymns to give the church somthing familiar but with a new twist. you can rearrange them your self.
a good song by Isrel and new breed is new season it speaks directly to what you're trying to do and you only need to do the chorus.
If you want to change the way a church thinks it must start with education of what God wants and that must come from the pastor sometimes we need to educate the pastor by just putting information and aticles in front of him that will cause him to think and be sure to comunicate your feellings and desires to Him directly and you will be sure that you are going the way He is leading and never forget to pray and follow what God is telling you in his word.
before you try to change the way the church thinks be sure you have allowed God to change the way you think and learn all you can about true worship not just music styles then all you do will be blessed

Praying for your ministry
Walk with the King and be a Blessing
Musmin7

Offline Seles

• LGM Member
    • http://

Praise and Worship Songs
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 07:10:53 AM »
:D Hi there

Start with yourself, minister to yourself daily, meditating on great songs that minister to you, listen attentively to Gospel music. You will find that simple songs minister easily everybody, you must develop a skill of reaching out to every soul in the congregation at the same time giving God the Best Praise and Worship. This has to start within you, let it touch you, have scriptures that support your song even when you have to introduce it to your audience they get ministered to. Listening to the Word of God attentively will inspire you greatly in choosing songs.
Make a good habit of analysing every song, some songs are just peoples opinions and might not be in line with the Word and God's Season, be relevant to the times.
Be Blessed

Offline favoritepsalm1

• LGM Member
  • Future Minstrels & Levites
    • http://anointed2do.wordpress.com

Praise and Worship Songs
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 11:22:46 AM »
There's soooo much praise and worship out there right now it's unbelieveable.  Someone said to check with your pastor, and I agree with that.  Everything flows from the head, and you need to see which direction God is leading Him/her.  As far as musicians Israel and Byron and Martha are all great.  You've also got your Stephen Hurd, Freda Battle, Fred Hammond has a few also.  The T.D. Jakes conference cd's (e.g. Woman thou art loosed 2002), Judith McCallister, the list goes on and on.

Offline gaman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Praise and Worship Songs
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 04:42:50 PM »
Great out look Musminq!!

In addition to that, you better know the people you are ministering to as well. At my church, sometimes we have to use like a running and continous Praise service. It sometimes help the people to wake up!!

There is no answer that anyone can give you and u be effective. You must know what going on with your Pastor, (like Musmin said) the church., and the poeple you are ministering to. I hate to go places and the attitude with the P.T is... if they join they join, or if they partcipate, they partcipate, It is your job to see that it is heppening as much as poosibl;e...PRayer in ur personal time will make it easier for you!! I hate Praise Team that are up for a show!!! I HATE IT!!!  I have told my signers and etc,, if they ever decide they want to show out...I am going to show them the way to the door!!!I have no patience for that nasty Sprit!!!

gaman

Offline elijahmarquice

• LGM Member

Thank you !!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 12:15:37 PM »
Thank you all for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you.[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up