LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP  (Read 560 times)

Offline 123

• LGM Member

HELP
« on: April 04, 2005, 03:30:06 PM »
:roll: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME  WITH THE KEYBOARD IM 16 AND I REALLY WANT TO PLAY FOR THE LORD I DONT  READ MUSIC AND SOMEONE FIND IT IN THEIR HEART TO HELP TELL MY EMAIL IS CD51196@AOL.COM.CAN SOME PLEASE JUST SHOW ME THE BASIC WHAT THEY LEARNED WHEN THEY WHERE JUST GETTING STARTED CAN SOME ONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE IT PLEASE

Offline jamaicanbaan

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Here's some advice
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 06:20:53 PM »
About learning to play any kinds of keys period; the only thing that really matters is that you get a feel of where the sound comes from...

Now "site reading" is really not necessary unless you're going to be playing a lot of music straight from a music book. In fact a lot of musicians 1960's and before then, didn't site read they played everything by ear...examples include James brown's early bands and a few other well known musicians of that era. Today a lot of musicians still don't site read, they play by ear ...Learning the notes on an instrument is easy, but to be honest site reading can be real boring.  

OK, now about learning to play period...The only thing that I see that is valuable on that site is the free "E-Books"that they offer...Take a look at those. They have a lot of scales that you can see on there keyboard diagrams... I've been a music instructor for about three years now and I've used those "e-books" to teach with. And the high school children that I worked with learned most of that stuff in less than a semester.

I would also tell you that if you want to be able to play good you have to look within yourself because what other people tell you about playing all comes from there own experiences. In some ways   that is a good thing, but you also need to develop you own techniques if you want to be original. I mean it is true that if you want to expand your technical music Literacy you will eventually have to learn progressions and all that other stuff. So just take a look at their e-books and practice the scales and learn the notes.....

And lastly, there are a few people on this site that will try and break stuff down for beginning musicians but majority of people here will just glance over your post and keep going or just tell you to learn progressions and site reading. That's just an easy way for them to give an answer without taking the time and really helping you out...This site is more for advanced musicians.
Pages: [1]   Go Up