LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Left hand chords  (Read 971 times)

Offline whitemichael

• LGM Member

Left hand chords
« on: March 10, 2005, 04:10:02 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to go about left hand chords to go with my right hand chords.  I have a few of them that I use now...but it never hurts to learn more....But really more so than I want the actual notes...I was wondering if anyone could explain the theory behind creating a left hand chord to enhance an already powerful right handed one...You know for a long time I thought that I was off the chain...lol...and I am but I still have a ways to go....:-)be blessed in Jesus name
thanks,
Michael
"To blessed to imagine..."
Mike White

Offline babyboygraham

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Left hand chords
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 06:10:45 PM »
Man... left hand chords can be tricky at first but you'll get 'em!!! Okay... I started off by playing the chords in my right hand then finding the bass!!! when I got confortable with those two together, I look at my left hand add the 5th of  the major scale! For example:

the C Major chord is: C/ CEG (RIGHT???)
*the C Major scale is C (1), D (2), E (3), F (4), G (5), A (6), B(7), C (8)
the New chord will look like this: CG/ CEG

Just add the 5th of the scale in your left hand!!! If you want to be a little bit more fancy... add the 8th AND try to invert your chords! When you get use to that adding th fifth and eighth... Experiment adding the 3rd's and 6th's!!! I know I'm probably getting all over the place but if you have anymore questions e-mail me @ babyboygraham2003@yahoo.com

Oh yeah... TRITONES!!! To figure these out... Find what key you're in; Go down a whole step; then from that note count DOWN 6 or UP 6!!! For EXAMPLE:

In the Key oy Eb:
1.) Go DOWN a WHOLE STEP
         ex: Eb to C#
2.) From C#, Go down or up 6 ( it doesn't matter)
         ex: C# to G
      * Now this is the Left Hand chord! You can play it C#-G or G-C#!!!

THIS FORMULA WORKS FOE EVERY KEY SO FEEL FREE TO TRY IT OUT!!!!
And if you have ANY questions get me!!!! GOD BLESS

Offline whitemichael

• LGM Member

Left hand chords
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 06:35:08 PM »
thanks very much...your words were very helpful...you are heaven sent...:-)
"To blessed to imagine..."
Mike White
Pages: [1]   Go Up