LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing The Scale  (Read 889 times)

Offline gjpartee

• LGM Member

Playing The Scale
« on: March 11, 2005, 03:17:23 PM »
What is a good technique to use when running the scale.  I have trouble sometimes with my third finger and thumb on tthe treble:?:   What are some exercises for the left hand:?:

God Bless
gjpartee

JoyCH

Playing The Scale
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 06:22:05 PM »
Sister T has a finger chart on her site that will help you. Also, you can use the Circle of Fifths as a practice tool. You can find that in the "Lesson Session" in the Learning Center.

Hope this helps.  :D

Joy

Offline babyboygraham

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

My Exercise!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 11:02:02 AM »
This is a little exercise I use when I get on the keyboard/ organ!!! I do it everytime before I practice and it helps get me warmed up... so..... here you go!!!! *Oh yeah... before I list this exercise... I play the chords in my left hand and I do the run with my right! This exercise will help with Left Hand and Right Hand coordination!!!! Okay!!! So here goes nothing....

Key: F# or Gb
Gb-Bb-B-Eb/ Gb, Ab, Bb, B, Db, Eb, F, Gb, Ab, Bb, B, Db, Eb, F, Gb, Ab
Ab-C-Db-F/ Bb, Ab, Gb, F, Eb, Db, B, Bb
G-B-C-E/ Ab, Gb, F, Eb, Db, B, Bb, Ab, Gb

THERE YOU GO!!! I hope you figue it out.... If you noticed it's really just the Gb Major scale running up and down the keyboard!!! It's kind of a jazzy fill when you get it up to speed!!!! It kind of sounds like a "da-da-da-da..." fill going up BUT coming back down it sounds like a " duba-doba" fill!!! :?  :?  :?:  :?:  If any questions don't be afraid to ask me!!!! :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up