LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AM CONFUSED ABT CHORDS  (Read 2587 times)

Offline edierocklove

• LGM Member

AM CONFUSED ABT CHORDS
« on: October 15, 2004, 10:06:02 AM »
hello every one,am new to the site and since am aspiring to be a PRO in playing organ i am a lil confused abt chords.i want to know every chord in Key C,i only know of C major(CEG)which is played as Doo but i want to know the chords rest too Ree ,Mee etc.or am i confusing myself?
reply soon ppl

Offline beeman

• LGM Member
    • http://

yo
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 11:51:40 AM »
ck the lessons portion of this site there is a chart there with all the info you need. be blessed.

Offline luvaofmusiq

• LGM Member

AM CONFUSED ABT CHORDS
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 11:54:21 AM »
http://learngospelmusic.com/forum-5.html
http://www.hearandplay.com/beginner-piano-lessons/piano-scale-piano-lessons.html

Hello there!  I believe these two sites will help you get started.  I know how it is to be a beginner and not know how and/or where to begin.  But, try these sites and tell me what you think.

Offline edierocklove

• LGM Member

thanx
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 03:21:41 AM »
the site aint bad at all infact i learnt something there.know am able to play the minor chords in Key F progression. erm can any one tell me or gimme all the minor chords in F progression?
thanx
edie

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

CHK THIS OUT!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 11:27:38 PM »
I TEACH IN THE EVENINGS! ALGIERES@YAHOO.COM COME CHK ME OUT, I TEACH THE NBR SYSTEM, AND I HAVE A BEGINNERS TAPE THAT WILL GET YOU GOING IN LEARNING EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED TO KNOW!
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!

hayfunky

AM CONFUSED ABT CHORDS
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 04:10:33 AM »
Man there r alots of chords in the key of C. hmmmm yes. well I will tell u some C chords. theres ur basic three part harmony which is like C major (c,e,g) and C minor (c,Eb,g)  and ur not so simple three part harmony (c,Eb,g) C sus4 (C,F,G) Csus2 (C,D,G) Cb5 (C,E,Gb) Cmb5 (C,Eb,Gb) Caug(C,E,G#)  then theres four part harmony C7 (C,E,G,Bb) Cmajor7 (C,E,G,B), Cm7 (C,Eb,G,Bb) Cminor major 7 (C,Eb,G,B) C7aug (C,E,G#,Bb), Cdim (C,Eb,Gb,A), C6 (C,E,G,A) Cm7b5 (C,Eb,Gb,Bb) C2/Cadd2/Cadd9 (C,D,E,G) Cm2/etc (C,D,Eb,G) Cm6 (C,Eb,G,A) then u can go like Cadd 13 and what ever u want like #9 which just mean play C and add the #9 or what ever in c the #9 would be D# you just count and stuff its quite simiple once u got that hang of it, Then you got ur 5 part harmony and things start getting realy jazzy its great. C9 (C,E,G,Bb,D) Cmaj9 (C,E,G,B,D) Cm9 (C,Eb,G,Bb,D) C7b9 (C,E,G,Bb,Db) C7#9(C,E,G,Bb,D#), then things get realy exciting when u start geting into 13 and a 11th chords whichs r like 6 and 7 part harmony oh fun, but most of the time people mis out notes like on the guitar u cann't play 7 part harmony inless ur real talented and have a 7 string guitar which i would luv to c and its realy hard to play 6 part harmony on a guitar, a C11 is C,E,G,Bb,D,F people sometimes miss out the 3 in this or maby the tonic which is the C and let the bass play the c, You also and sharp and flaten things but a good way to look at this chord is 2 chords like a C and a Bb in this case it make life easy, then C13 is fun I luv 13 my fav chord but i miss out notes and play it as 5 part harmony, You can like mis out the 11 and the 9 bepending on the sound u want but the full C13 is C,E,G,Bb,D,F,A again u can sharpen and flat notes. You also can like take the C chord and just add notes like Cadd b6,#9,11 etc (i made that chord up i dont no wat it sounds like could be intresting for it to sound ok u would have to play it up high on a piano maby and like play with the inversions, you also have like poly chord when u play like more than one chord at a time like C and a D etc, well i might of missed some out but like thanks for that question cause u made me think even though i prolly didn't do wat u asked but meh i had fun that all the chord i no bassed of C basical i think but if u have any question yell out

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

THIS IS AWESOME, JUST AWESOME WORK...
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 09:50:48 PM »
Quote from: hayfunky
Man there r alots of chords in the key of C. hmmmm yes. well I will tell u some C chords. theres ur basic three part harmony which is like C major (c,e,g) and C minor (c,Eb,g)  and ur not so simple three part harmony (c,Eb,g) C sus4 (C,F,G) Csus2 (C,D,G) Cb5 (C,E,Gb) Cmb5 (C,Eb,Gb) Caug(C,E,G#)  then theres four part harmony C7 (C,E,G,Bb) Cmajor7 (C,E,G,B), Cm7 (C,Eb,G,Bb) Cminor major 7 (C,Eb,G,B) C7aug (C,E,G#,Bb), Cdim (C,Eb,Gb,A), C6 (C,E,G,A) Cm7b5 (C,Eb,Gb,Bb) C2/Cadd2/Cadd9 (C,D,E,G) Cm2/etc (C,D,Eb,G) Cm6 (C,Eb,G,A) then u can go like Cadd 13 and what ever u want like #9 which just mean play C and add the #9 or what ever in c the #9 would be D# you just count and stuff its quite simiple once u got that hang of it, Then you got ur 5 part harmony and things start getting realy jazzy its great. C9 (C,E,G,Bb,D) Cmaj9 (C,E,G,B,D) Cm9 (C,Eb,G,Bb,D) C7b9 (C,E,G,Bb,Db) C7#9(C,E,G,Bb,D#), then things get realy exciting when u start geting into 13 and a 11th chords whichs r like 6 and 7 part harmony oh fun, but most of the time people mis out notes like on the guitar u cann't play 7 part harmony inless ur real talented and have a 7 string guitar which i would luv to c and its realy hard to play 6 part harmony on a guitar, a C11 is C,E,G,Bb,D,F people sometimes miss out the 3 in this or maby the tonic which is the C and let the bass play the c, You also and sharp and flaten things but a good way to look at this chord is 2 chords like a C and a Bb in this case it make life easy, then C13 is fun I luv 13 my fav chord but i miss out notes and play it as 5 part harmony, You can like mis out the 11 and the 9 bepending on the sound u want but the full C13 is C,E,G,Bb,D,F,A again u can sharpen and flat notes. You also can like take the C chord and just add notes like Cadd b6,#9,11 etc (i made that chord up i dont no wat it sounds like could be intresting for it to sound ok u would have to play it up high on a piano maby and like play with the inversions, you also have like poly chord when u play like more than one chord at a time like C and a D etc, well i might of missed some out but like thanks for that question cause u made me think even though i prolly didn't do wat u asked but meh i had fun that all the chord i no bassed of C basical i think but if u have any question yell out

MY ONLY REQUEST IS CLEARITY!  CANT BE MIXING IT ALL IN WITH THE REST OF YOUR TYPING SIR.......JUST SOME MORE CLEARITY......THANKS, BUT IT IS AWESOME WORK!
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!

Offline luvaofmusiq

• LGM Member

Re: thanx
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
Quote from: edierocklove
the site aint bad at all infact i learnt something there.know am able to play the minor chords in Key F progression. erm can any one tell me or gimme all the minor chords in F progression?
thanx
edie

Hello again,

I'm glad that the sites helped in some way.  However, if you are still looking a lot of chords/progressions, I wonder if you didn't explore hearandplay.com completely.  The reason I say this is because Jermaine Griggs gives you foundational blocks to understand how to "get" chords.  There is a pattern/structure to it and he definitely has the key.  I've found that learning and understanding patterns and then applying those patterns to all twelve keys helps a great deal in "finding" chords.  Once you get the pattern down, you will not need to ask anyone to give you chords.  You'll be able to figure them out yourself.  I feel this is just one of the many building blocks in becoming an accomplished musician!  However, if you still don't find what you're looking for, take al's advice and visit his site.

HTH
Pages: [1]   Go Up