LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To play or not to play...  (Read 622 times)

Offline Tanzania

• LGM Member
    • http://

To play or not to play...
« on: September 16, 2004, 12:02:30 AM »
The minister of music at my church here at school wants me to start playing the keyboard with him while he is on the organ. (Chord fill-ins etc.)  He apparently sees something that I just can't see right now. :?   While my sight-reading isnt where it probably should be, my ear picks up alot (often self-conciously) and pretty quickly.  I wouldnt mind playing with him, really, just not in an actual service... Another thing that sorta turns me off to it is that he's been playing since...forever basically :( What do you think?  I need all the opinions I can get. :D

kadman92

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 09:54:44 AM »
I say go for it... I think I speak for alot of people here when I say I need to improve my site reading ability.  But that's not what Gospel music is about.  It is alot of improvisation built on chord progression and that's what gives your music feeling.  Also the annointing if God has placed it on you and that's what the M.O.M. sees in you, will operate through you and your (sub-consious) abilities.  Get past your feelings of envy or insignificance... God can use you if you have faith and seek direction in what He wants of you.

Hope this helps

Roy

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 12:25:54 PM »
Unless there is a good reason not to play, why not? It sounds like a good chance to grow and learn without being out there all by yourself. Why not go for it?

Be Blessed . . . .
Joshua 1: 7, 8
Pages: [1]   Go Up