LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bishop G.E. Patterson...  (Read 1833 times)

Offline chi_townz_bmg

• LGM Member
  • cHi-Town

Bishop G.E. Patterson...
« on: March 20, 2007, 08:27:18 PM »
 :( I just got a call from a family member that said Bishop Gibert Earl Patterson passed away today 3/20/2007.  I looked it up on the web encyclopedia and they have it posted there too....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_E._Patterson

Offline h313w

• LGM Member

Re: Bishop G.E. Patterson...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 11:04:05 PM »
All I know is, his preaching stopped me from getting in trouble that one final time. HE was somebody's preacher, just words were on fire. His work was done I guess. I know he was sick all last year kinda-like. Where was he from again ? I really hope his FAM is ok , and I believe they will be, his CHURCH, ministry, etc. man that's a blower, but God knows what He's doing. we gotta BE ready.
I'm not finished playing

Offline BAJones

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 11:29:15 PM »
Let us remember the messages that GOD'S APOSTLE often reminded us:
"IF YOU CAN HAVE IT GOD CAN HEAL IT"
"JESUS IS A HABBIT BREAKER"
"BE HEALED,BE DELIVERED,BE SET FREE"

Offline bygd

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 09:07:38 AM »
Being COGIC its truly sad that he's gone, But (theres always a but with God) he's finally received his reward. I loved hearing him preach, he was one of those old school preachers that could bring the house down. May God give his family, blood and church, strength.

Offline RMS2003

• LGM Member
    • YouTube Page

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:47:16 AM »
Didn't his church make a couple of CD's with live music? Most if not all the songs were very old-school stuff. I'm subscribed to Napster and had a bunch of the tracks on my playlist but apparently both CD's were yanked off of Napster a few weeks ago for some reason. Which is kinda sad because I really enjoyed their music. Anyway, sad to hear that a man of God has left this world. However, as it's already been said, God knows what He's doing so we can only trust and have faith that this is God's will.

Offline h313w

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 02:28:03 PM »
Didn't his church make a couple of CD's with live music? Most if not all the songs were very old-school stuff. I'm subscribed to Napster and had a bunch of the tracks on my playlist but apparently both CD's were yanked off of Napster a few weeks ago for some reason. Which is kinda sad because I really enjoyed their music. Anyway, sad to hear that a man of God has left this world. However, as it's already been said, God knows what He's doing so we can only trust and have faith that this is God's will.

Yep. He made them CDs. All day. I got 'em. . . and of course i remember the "habit breaker" message. let's continue to pray and live yall
I'm not finished playing

Offline brutha28

• LGM Member
  • "Be healed, be delivered, and be set free"

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 04:59:08 PM »
A great man of God has just gone to be with the KING, I think it would be very honorful if when we talk about his passing not about what CD he made or the CDs that were out but what his minstry meant to others and what legacy he leaves behind.  I don't feel really like talking about any song or any thing right now.  All I can say is God Bless the COGIC and I pray that Bishop Patterson made arrangements to leave it in the right hands.  I pray not only for the legacy and the GREAT loss that the entire church worldwide community has lost but also for the ministry and the future of the COGIC.  Those that feel me show some luv by giving the rest of the week to pray and not focus on any song or any lick or anything like that.  Please those that feel me please give your thoughts and tell what you remember and will miss about Bishop Patterson.

Bless You Bishop
I'll always remember that I'm blessed
Brutha28
Steven P.

Peace N' Hairgrease

Offline reg1985

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »
its so sad when we loose someone that we all loved i loved bishop gilbert patterson and his music i listen to it everyday but like his song say DO LORD REMEMBER ME we will always remember him
love is good for the soul

Offline chi_townz_bmg

• LGM Member
  • cHi-Town

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 10:26:22 PM »
The Final Arrangements are as follows:
THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2007 • 7 PM
(Local) TEMPLE OF DELIVERANCE MEMORIAL SERVICE

FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2007 • 7 PM
TENNESSEE 4th JURISDICTION MEMORIAL SERVICE

SATURDAY, MARCH 31, 2007 • 10 AM
CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST NATIONAL HOMEGOING SERVICE

All Services will be held at:
Temple of Deliverance Church of God In Christ
369 G.E. Patterson Avenue
Memphis, TN 38126

Offline BAJones

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 09:22:18 PM »
For anybody who can't make any of the memorial services,the Bishop's body will lie in state at Mason Temple on Wednesday from 8a.m. until 8p.m.
Pages: [1]   Go Up