Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TIRED  (Read 1540 times)

Offline reginald79

• LGM Member
  • Remember, Only what you do for Christ will Last

TIRED
« on: June 14, 2006, 09:59:50 AM »
 AM TIRED OF PLAYING FOR UNFAITHFUL CHURCHES AND CHOIRS. I JUST WANT TO SIT DOWN ON SUNDAY AND GET MINSTER TO AND HAVE POUR EVERYTHING I HAVE OUT , TO GET NOTHING BUT A SLAP IN THE FACES.  I FEEL LIKE MY FAITHFULLNESS IS A WEAKNESS, BUT THAT'S ALL I KNOW. I AM 22 BUT AM WORN OUT FROM THE YEARS OF PAIN IN MINITRIES. I JUST WANT TO GIVE IT UP BUT I KNOW THAT I CAN'T BECAUSE GOD HAS SO MUCH IN STORED FOR ME. I LIVE AND BREATHE MUSIC BUT SOMETIME I WISH I HAD ANOTHER GIFT B/C IT CAN GET STRESSFUL AND PAINFUL DEALING WITH CHURCH PEOPLE. IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE ORCOMMENT PLEASE FEEL FREE

churchyreal

Re: TIRED
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:09:16 PM »
You know what, I feel that way sometimes because it seems like the music ministry is so stressful and people are so hateful with in the music ministry. And it does get to the point where you get tired of all of the mess and confusion and it seems like people are unappreciate.

But let me encourage you to continue on until the Lord says it's enough. Church people (didn't say Christians  ;)) are some of the hardest people to deal with because some people like everything perfect and will get an attitude just to get it perfect. So I understand you. Just continue and stop when the Lord says stop.

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 05:47:43 PM »
Been there, learned that.................I took a break (a long one) I left the church I was playing for, I now attend a church that uses Soundtracks/CD I love it..........I needed to just sit and be ministered to for a while. Occassionaly I return to my previous church when the Choir needs me.

Seek the Lord about your issues with"Church Folk" and ask Him if its okay to just sit for awhile. I think we all tend to get a little burnt out at times, especially when we are the lead/or only musician. It gets tough, I think of Jesus as He ministered constantly, even He had to get alone sometimes just to pray........

Offline Tlove

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 09:24:17 AM »
I feel your pain if your look around this message board I have post going everywhere talking this very thing. God had to send me a word through someone I could receive it from.  And the word was when it is your time to sit down or take a break you will know in your spirit. Don’t move until God releases you, you are where you are because God appointed you there and not even the Pastor can remove you until God said so. You will not be torn over is the time or not. I have learned that most of my frustration has come from what I think should be happening in Praise and Worship, and it not lining up with the Pastor’s vision for Praise and Worship.  I felt like I was pleasing my Pastor more so than Pleasing God. Well I learned that if you submit your will and ideas to your Pastor it will relieve your frustration. Your Pastor is the visionary of that house and whatever goes on your Pastor will be held accountable by God. Your Pastor and church folk will never give you what you are looking for, when it comes to feeling appreciated. God is the one you should be looking to for that, now that is easier said than done.  I am dealing with that now, but these types of trials come to build spiritual character in us. We may not be where we are now forever but we need to learn everything we are suppose to on this level so that we are prepare on the next level. Submit and give up YOURSELF and I promise it will make things much easier for you.

Be encourage it only last for a season and everyday is one day further away from your trial.  Soon you will look back and laugh at this because you recieved what God wanted you to learn.

Be Blessed ;D
Don´t you know what you think is worse than what you know

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »
.........Take a deep breath....whewwwwwww.  Just relax and refocus on purpose....but I feel ya!
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline kenyaready

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 11:32:37 PM »
I'm not sure how long you've been playing, but you are young and have a lot more years to go.  I know exactly how you feel. If you try to please man, you can easily become tired and frustrated. Your main focus is to please God and allow HIM to use you. Let him get the glory out of all you do. He gives you strenghth and ability to use your talent - so give him 100% always. No matter how people treat you or how they feel about what you do make sure you are pleasing God. Pray and ask him to lead and guide and let him know that you want him to use you. Let him use you to lead others to have the same spirit. Just remember as many complaints and dissapointments you receive, there are some in the congregation who you have touched in a positive way. If people have time to make you feel tired and frustrated, their focus is not on God. Hang in there!!!!

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 12:42:29 PM »
reginald79, just remember you are playing to GOD and not to People.
:)

Keys410

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 08:37:24 AM »
Man I know what your going  through. I myself am 20 and I have seen so much in just the last year from things happening in the church lack of respect as my role of being the minister of music. One thing I remember is that I do it for God and one thing I heard my aunt preach before she moved is you have to P.U.S.H. and that simply means Pray Until Something Happens. Be blessed and stay encouraged.

uniquepraise

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »
Been there. Go to that place several times a year however its getting better ebcause I know who I serve and my purpose.  If you ask God to show you, heal you, and deliver you from people he will.  Once you get into his presence while playing it wont matter who isnt faithful because its your response he cares about not what the others do.

Hes not going to judge you for others talents only what you did with yours.

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 10:40:29 PM »
Start giving out solos at the drop of a hat..........then they'll be on point!

Seriously tho'..............It has been revealed to me that everybody has to start somewhere.

I wish I had 21 members that were between 15 and 25 in my choir. But I have to stash thoses little ones in the soprano section for right now which makes it kinda lop-sided but guess what YOU ARE DOING HIS WORK.........

HE'S GOING TO SUPPLY YOU WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE IF YOU JUST ASK HIM.
I Love You!!!

Offline blessed bryant

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 10:54:26 PM »
ALL U NEED 2 DO IS PRESS YOUR WAY.WHEN GOD COULD B TESTIN U, U GOIN THREW TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS, THATS A TIME 2 PRAY. ME AND MY CHURCH HAVE BEEN HAVIN 6A.M. AMD 6P.M. PRAYER. IT HELPED A WHOLE LOT. TRUST ME AND TRUST GOD. U ASK FOR HIM 2 LEAD U, GUIDE U, HELP U, HEAL B THERE RIGHT ON TIME. ILL B PRAYIN 4 U. DONT GIVE UP ON GOD CUZ GOD HAZNT GAVE UP ON U. STAY PRAYERFUL.

BLESSED BRYANT
" I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" Phillipians 4:13
Pages: [1]   Go Up