LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I messed up while playing the piano  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Gina3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

I messed up while playing the piano
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:40:26 PM »
I am a new musician and I messed up a lot of notes while playing Sunday.  Can someone tell me your experiences for support.

Thanks

Offline TLJACKSON

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 03:44:40 PM »
Nothing to worry about.  I mess up too but most of the time, the people in the congregation can't really tell.  I know there were times when I messed up and I just felt like crawling into a tiny hole.  But we learn from our mistakes.  I just know that I need to practice more then you'll see a good result.  Practice makes perfect.

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 04:17:59 PM »
Let's do some faith translating. I do foreign language translating from French to English and English to French, so correct translation is very important. Let me show you how to do faith translation!

"I messed up a lot" in faith translation means "I learned a lot."

"I made a lot of mistakes" in faith translation means "I'm learning what not to do next time."

"I've got a long way to go" in faith translation means "I've started on my way and I'm headed in the right direction."

"I'm confused" in faith translation means "I don't have the answer just yet, but I'm ready to recieve it."

"I feel like quitting" in faith translation means "Devil, no way am I falling for your mess, so take that weak spirit somewhere else, right now in Jesus' Name!"

See? As I told my students in my French classes "Accurate translation is key."  :wink:

Be Blessed . . .   :D

BBoy  8)
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline nenee

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 04:59:34 PM »
That really blessed me.  Thanks for the translation....I know what to say next time!

Offline Gina3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 08:53:42 AM »
Thanks
I like French

Offline raypam

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 01:23:18 PM »
We all mess up...infact I was telling a young girl that when u mess up, a lot of times if you have a whole bunch of chording in your music and riffs it sounds decent anyway.....you just want to know when u mess up for your own personal evaluation.

but i mess up 20 times in a service if not more...but I learn another way to get to a chord....I just listen and analyze.....

Offline Dre2004

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Joy of the Lord is My Strength!!

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 02:11:29 PM »
LOL!! I messed up myself on Sunday but I didn't let it phase me though I just kept playing like it was suppose to be there. :-D but on the inside I was MAN! I messed that up really bad.  So, as stated before we are learning and we are well on our way. :-D God Bless You!!
I can do all things through christ. :)

Offline Enson

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 05:27:55 PM »
i'll tell you one time my cousin called me up when i had the flu to ask if i could play for his choir because he had to work. i said sure all drugged up on nyquil. anyway he came by to teach me the song and when he left i went back to bed. when the service came and i had to play i completly not only forgot how to play the song but how to play. it was like a dream, or nightmare. man that was so embarrasing. everyone just kinda looked at me and wondered what was up. didn't know if i would ever live it down. just remember "today's news paper is tomorrow's trash." don't let it get you down. things will get better and so will you.
enson

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.lisamholden.com

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 06:22:30 PM »
I loved BBoys encouragment!  Thank you!

I mess up all the time too---just keep playing.  If you stop, everyone will know you messed up.  Just keep playing.  

Love,
Lisa
www.lisamholden.com
If "seeing is believing", try believing without seeing!

Offline fruenk

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 07:02:24 PM »
BBOy your translations really blessed me.  I will definitely be reciting those words to myself and use them to encourage others.  Thanks.  What a blessing

Offline musician007

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 04:15:38 PM »
I thought I was the only one going through so I really feel your pain.
I mess up a lot and get real discouraged because "church Folk" can sometimes be really mean but "just keep going".  If this is your talent .what God has for you, it is for you!  If choir members would remember that no one is perfect but THE ALMIGHTY so go ahead and PRAISE HIM ANYHOW IN SPITE OF BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS.  STAY ON THE BATTLEFIELD!

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 12:46:32 PM »
I messed up several times but doesn't mean I am going to give up. If we didn't mess up, we would be perfect. No one is perfect.
Just don't let people know you messed up. You just keep on playing.
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 01:15:43 PM »
BBoy, that was some awesome encouragement!  There isn't anything I can add to it, so I'll say the same thing, but in a different way.  Life is filled with a variety of experiences, some of which we will have no control over.  The one thing in life we can control is our attitude.  Let your attitude define your experiences- don't let your experiences define or control your attitude.

Be blessed!

Melvin Crispell

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 11:13:02 AM »
Hammondman should know, he messes up all the time.  That's why he sounds so bad.

Offline PHILC0

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 01:19:11 PM »
WAS UP EVERYBODY IM NEW TO THIS WEBSITE BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT THE WHOLE THING HAS BEEN A BLESSING TO ME IM A MUSIC DIRECTOR AT MY CHURCH, AND THE HEAD MUSICIAN  I NEVER REALLY HAD SOME ONE TO STUDY UNDER BUT THIS SITE IS THE BOMB I'M ENCOURAGED BY WHAT I'M SEIING HERE :D

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/bronzeey1

Messed up!!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2004, 11:33:42 PM »
Gina, all i can say,, at least u messed up..that lets me know that you can still play whereever you are playing somewhere and in front of people.

Offline funkyfingaz

• LGM Member
  • Jay-R of Kingdom Revolution
    • My Myspace page

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2004, 12:32:59 AM »
Quote from: Melvin Crispell
Hammondman should know, he messes up all the time.  That's why he sounds so bad.

Who is this cornball writing under the name of Melvin Crispell and John Peters? U need to get a life..A life in Jesus Christ. QuICK! Newayz about da question, Well to save urself sum embarassment, always remain humble about ur playing skills. Never brag or say how good U are becuz if u do, more pressure is on you from urself and everyone else. If you say dat ur not really good, and u stay humble, then wen u play, people will appreciate the fact dat either u tried or are really good. Das what I always do.
There's a Kingdom Revolution...Hear to Worship!
Pages: [1]   Go Up