LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Closer on dress code  (Read 630 times)

Offline melodic

• LGM Member
    • http://

The Closer on dress code
« on: April 20, 2006, 01:16:26 PM »
Now, this is a subject i am soooo sick of.  I am sooo tired of people misquoting scriptures and trying make people feel bad for looking good.  Now, let's do food for thought.  You have a man and a woman.  Now if the man wears a shirt, can not the woman also wear a shirt?  If he wears underwear, is she not supposed to wear any?  If he wears socks, is she supposed to not wear any?  I mean, if you are going to quote something and "die hard stick to it", then GO ALL out.  That means that a lot of women would have to be almost naked because she would hardly have undergarments, no shoes, hats, or anything else that quote "pertains to a man."  PEOPLE WAKE UP AND SEE THE LIGHT.  Men and women in the bible wore robes and sandals.  Now I can honestly say that women's clothing and men's clothing are TWO different things.  There are clothes that CAN be worn by women because duh, it says "WOMEN" in that section.  Now if there were not such a thing as women's and men's clothing then why would there be "drag queens".  They dress in women's pants, dresses, jewlry, makeup and whatever else.  Truth statement..some women NEED makeup to help bring out their looks or cover up scars and whatnot. What is wrong with being beautiful?  Nothing.  Now I do not believe in looking like I am supposed to be standing on the corner but at the same time I don't look like a hag.  Now when people talk about jewlry, does that mean you can't wear a watch to tell time?  Oh my God, some people are so brainwashed.  They think their pastors are smarter than God because they live and breathe by everything they are taught instead of getting an understanding for themselves.  Now the word tells me that if a thing offends my brother or sister then I should take it off, and etc.. I can respect that.  In closing, wear what you desire because they holy ghost will convict you if things are not appropiate for you.  Just don't try to preach something that makes NO SENSE.  I am done and NO MORE DRESS CODE POSTS
BELIEVE (Because Emmanuel Lives I Expect Victory Everytime)  http://www.cottagesoft.com/~songbird/graphics/mgglogo01_thumb.jpg

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: The Closer on dress code
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 01:17:48 PM »
I'm guessing this stems from another thread.  Those of us who didn't read that thread have no idea what you are talking about.

Offline melodic

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 01:18:50 PM »
It stems from the Apostolic thread
BELIEVE (Because Emmanuel Lives I Expect Victory Everytime)  http://www.cottagesoft.com/~songbird/graphics/mgglogo01_thumb.jpg

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:30:06 PM »
How about some PARAGRAPHS!!!!  >:(
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline mr.dj

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Coko and Mae

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 02:26:54 PM »
Now, this is a subject i am soooo sick of.  I am sooo tired of people misquoting scriptures and trying make people feel bad for looking good.  Now, let's do food for thought.  You have a man and a woman.  Now if the man wears a shirt, can not the woman also wear a shirt?  If he wears underwear, is she not supposed to wear any?  If he wears socks, is she supposed to not wear any?  I mean, if you are going to quote something and "die hard stick to it", then GO ALL out.  That means that a lot of women would have to be almost naked because she would hardly have undergarments, no shoes, hats, or anything else that quote "pertains to a man."  PEOPLE WAKE UP AND SEE THE LIGHT.  Men and women in the bible wore robes and sandals.  Now I can honestly say that women's clothing and men's clothing are TWO different things.  There are clothes that CAN be worn by women because duh, it says "WOMEN" in that section.  Now if there were not such a thing as women's and men's clothing then why would there be "drag queens".  They dress in women's pants, dresses, jewlry, makeup and whatever else.  Truth statement..some women NEED makeup to help bring out their looks or cover up scars and whatnot. What is wrong with being beautiful?  Nothing.  Now I do not believe in looking like I am supposed to be standing on the corner but at the same time I don't look like a hag.  Now when people talk about jewlry, does that mean you can't wear a watch to tell time?  Oh my God, some people are so brainwashed.  They think their pastors are smarter than God because they live and breathe by everything they are taught instead of getting an understanding for themselves.  Now the word tells me that if a thing offends my brother or sister then I should take it off, and etc.. I can respect that.  In closing, wear what you desire because they holy ghost will convict you if things are not appropiate for you.  Just don't try to preach something that makes NO SENSE.  I am done and NO MORE DRESS CODE POSTS

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
"Even when you're justified, be dignified."  Cornel West

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 02:28:12 PM »
How about some PARAGRAPHS!!!!  >:(

PLEASE???  :D :D >:(

Offline mrs-mojo

• LGM Member
  • Monique Sanders

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 06:56:28 PM »
singing to tracks is whack............a live band is the best way to go

Offline Joshorgan

• LGM Member
  • Watch what you think. Mean what you say.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 03:52:03 AM »
EXACTLY :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up