LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone heard of a Con Organ??  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Pretty_Brit

• LGM Member

Has anyone heard of a Con Organ??
« on: December 28, 2005, 10:11:03 PM »
This guy wants to donate a Con Organ to my church. I have never heard of this type. I just needed to know if any of you musicians have ever heard of it and if it was worth taking.
the will of God will never take you where His grace won't protect you

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 10:23:45 PM »
"Conn"

They have different models like Hammond does. I've played a few of them from the concert type to B3 type. Ask him what model it is, if you can then you can check the net to see what it looks like.

Offline fdrennen

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 05:33:24 AM »
My Church has a Conn organ, I can't remember the model number, I think it's a 625. It has a very good sound and built in leslie, no drawbars, stop tabs. It's sound is much more pipelike than a Hammond, and it's sound is much thiner. I am looking for someone to donate a Hammond for it's phat sound, but I struggle to get what i can from this instrument.

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/bronzeey1

con
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 11:38:56 PM »
I had on before. It has no drawbars. Its sounds more like the pipe kind.

princeoftheb3

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 04:08:33 AM »
I can't stand them, around here people have them, but they just sit there and collect dust, people play the piano or keyboards before they touch those.

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!

con
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 05:38:26 PM »
:) Because they want to play the REAL MCCOY. The Hammond with the Lesile speakers.  Most people have the con in there homes. I was just keeping minds for our church. Then the chunch didnt have it long ...we got a hammond drawbar organ with the speakers..then the musicians were happy.

Offline Pretty_Brit

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »
what should I do!! Ya'll din dogged that Conn organ and our hammond is on the verge of dying. The leslie is dead. That thang got the flattest nasty sound ever
the will of God will never take you where His grace won't protect you

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!

organ
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 12:40:54 PM »
Pretty, no one is doggin here. Thats your opinion. Just like we spoke our opinion. I had a Conn and this is what I know from facts.

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

Re: Has anyone heard of a Con Organ??
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 07:23:33 PM »
Quote from: Pretty_Brit
This guy wants to donate a Con Organ to my church. I have never heard of this type. I just needed to know if any of you musicians have ever heard of it and if it was worth taking.

I never heard of a con organ either.
Shannon moore

Offline organB3lover

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 01:18:47 PM »
At my Church We have a Conn Organ. and i hate it so much.  I am 17 and i love playing the hammond so much. I usually am embarrased when other churches come to our church so see what we are working with.  I am doing fundraisers and takeing donations just so we can get a hammond b3. Matter of a Fact it dont even have to be a b3 it could be a b2 b1. or just a B lol.

Offline ezekg21

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My Myspace

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 02:47:11 PM »
Man, My advise take the conn organ and then sell it on ebay or some thing to get more money for music department items .  Them conn organs are junk boxes in my opinion and are not suited for black gospel music today. jus a thought

Offline TwinkieClarkFan

• LGM Member

organ
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 12:27:53 PM »
Yes somone donated a conn organ like that to our church and it sounded a hott mess, we got rid of that thing quick....Hammonds are what all black churches need~
"He gave me nothing to lose, but all to gain"

Offline rickshaun

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
you need not to even worry about that organ. it sounds a mess fa sho

US

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 07:05:24 AM »
Man, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE (seriously) those are not for black people mainly for catholic and methodist churches

fendrstratplaya

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 08:46:50 AM »
Man, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE (seriously) those are not for black people mainly for catholic and methodist churches

Lol! That's funny! You should be ashamed.

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 06:02:59 PM »
. Matter of a Fact it dont even have to be a b3 it could be a b2 b1. or just a B lol.

LOLOLOL.......And to prettybrit or whatever the name was...my bad....um, just find an organ tech and get that Hammond fixed.  It may be costly, but its better than no organ at all...
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 01:13:41 AM »
At my Church We have a Conn Organ. and i hate it so much.  I am 17 and i love playing the hammond so much. I usually am embarrased when other churches come to our church so see what we are working with.  I am doing fundraisers and takeing donations just so we can get a hammond b3. Matter of a Fact it dont even have to be a b3 it could be a b2 b1. or just a B lol.

There's a church in my hood that has an A100 that in my opinion sounds better than the C3 at my church. I think if you jes' have it hooked up to the right leslie the right way right you can still get that B-L-A-C-K chu'ch sound, and A100s don' cost a lot!!!!

P.S. It's time to pray 4 your music ministry if yall don' ha' no Hammond!!!! :D :D :D
I Love You!!!

princeoftheb3

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 09:35:24 PM »

get a C2
Pages: [1]   Go Up