Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay  (Read 769 times)

Offline jkelly

• LGM Member
    • http://

Ebay
« on: February 10, 2004, 11:47:04 PM »
Hey all,

I was wondering has anyone ever purchase an instrument, in particular a keyboard on Ebay?  Was the transaction smooth?  Did you have any problems in receiving the instrument?  Was the price fair compared to stores?  The reason why I'm asking is because I have been looking for a new keyboard for a few months now (I REALLY like the Yamaha S90), something that is 76 or 88 keys, preferably 88 though.  Well I just can't afford the prices in the stores so I decided to look into Ebay.  I have seen some nice stuff for excellent prices..........sometimes too good to be true.  That what makes me skeptical about the whole Ebay process, you're sending a very large amount of money to a total stranger and the only thing that you have to go off of in trusting this person are the feedbacks that they have and that's it.  But at the same time I have seen some real nice deals on there, very cheap compared to the store.  Does anyone have an opinion on using Ebay?  Have you all experienced or heard negatives things about using it as a means of getting a keyboard?  Stuff like someone didn't receive the board or it wasn't what was advertised, just stuff like this.

One time I made a bid on a Motif 7 for a very good price.  I didn't win but that next day after the auction closed someone email me out of know where talking about they saw that I made a bid on this Motif 7 and that they have a whole bunch of brand new ones for $1000 :? .   So I'm like, ok where are you and the board from, are you overseas, why are you selling them?  He responds back and says he is in the Netherlands and that he owns a music shop, that's why ithey're for sale.  I say what's the power supply (Europe is 220V and the US 110V), won't I need a transformer to work it over here in the states.  He replies back and says oh my shop is made to serve the US so I won't need to have the power supply converted over........... :? I'm like yeah right I must be boom boom the fool right.  What kinda of scam was this stranger trying to run on me :lol:   I tell you the enemy is a trip.

I just don't want to get ripped off  because the Lord knows that I'm not rich (can we say broke college student).  I just want to find out what people know about using Ebay so I won't fall for stuff like this in the future.  

Thanks, be blessed,
Jonathan

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 07:54:33 AM »
I once purchased a keyboard from ebay for half the cost. The transaction went smooth and I got more than I asked for. They sent me the keyboard stand too.

Now, I'd be a cautious about purchasing a keyboard from an email. There are so many scams out there. If the item is not listed as an ebay item, then, it is not an ebay auction.

Offline sbinf

• LGM Member
    • http://

Ebay
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 01:02:37 PM »
Those kinds of outside transactions are prohibited by ebay. I would be very cautious because those aren't insured by ebay if you get burned. My advice is to bid and buy only through auctions directly from ebay.com

Hope this helps

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Ebay
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 10:01:19 PM »
I got both my keyboards from E-bay, and they are great. Pray first . . .  :lol: Be Blessed . . . . BBoy  8)
Joshua 1: 7, 8
Pages: [1]   Go Up