LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: preaching  (Read 971 times)

Offline TheLawGiver

• LGM Member
    • http://

preaching
« on: August 11, 2005, 02:11:20 PM »
I believe Jesus Christ was sinless, but was the apostles sinless when they were commissioned to spread the Gospel? Please provide scriptures:

JoyCH

preaching
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 11:27:11 PM »

yielded

preaching
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 11:46:52 PM »
TLG, Joy referenced some good bible reference sites for you and I encourage you to check them out.  To answer your question though, Jesus' disciples (called apostles after pentacost) were not sinless (Rom 3:23).  As you stated, the only one to ever live a sinless life was Jesus (1 Pet 2:21-25).

Offline TheLawGiver

• LGM Member
    • http://

preaching
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 07:19:41 AM »
Thank you, Yielded

The point I was trying to get to with my question, is that the Apostles were not sinless and they walked with Jesus and they believed. They were commissioned to spread the Gospel.

Why is the church so hard on who can preach, if we are all sinners and are saved by grace only?

be blessed

JoyCH

preaching
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 10:31:29 PM »
Quote from: TheLawGiver
Thank you, Yielded

The point I was trying to get to with my question, is that the Apostles were not sinless and they walked with Jesus and they believed. They were commissioned to spread the Gospel.

Why is the church so hard on who can preach, if we are all sinners and are saved by grace only?

This is why I didn't answer the question - I knew where it was leading.  :D

But in response, if someone is in the pulpit they are called to a higher calling. Much gain, much is required.

Joy

Offline theone4c

• LGM Member

preaching
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 12:36:41 AM »
the purpose of the church is to uplift and encourage the saints.
we are all called to as the bible says GO OUT!!! and preach the gospel. as christians we need to stop sitting on our hands in the church and reach out to the unsaved, don't preach to the choir reach to the lost.

God Bless

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

preaching
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 05:02:01 PM »
I know people who say they are called to preach but cannot stop getting into sin and they bring a reproach on the church or cause others not to want to be saved. Anyone who is promoting the works of the flesh should not be in a role of leadership. I like to say we don't rationalize things. I have seen ministers who are divorced and keep having sex with women and repenting but don't believe in marriage and divorce. So they would rather continue to fall into sin every few months than to remarry. I don't think a person living this kind of lifestyle should be in leadership until they can get their act together. Someone who tells you not to do one thing and does what they tell you not to do is called a hypocrite.

Gal 5:19
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,  
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,  
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.  

The bible says they shall not inherit the kingdom of God. People say I repented but one day they might not have a chance to repent. We tend to forget that the new testament was written to saved individuals and not sinners.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline cherrysoda

• LGM Member

preaching
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 02:22:12 PM »
:D the bible says that the disciples follow Jesus from afar. (distances)????

preach25

sin
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 02:31:13 PM »
Listen, if u're under leadership and u know their not living right u run and don't look back.  By being a minister of the gospel,God holds u 2 a higher standard.  u can not preach one thing, but live another. a preacher must be an example of Christ for those that don't believe and must not make a mockery of the gospel.  what a sad day the judgement will be by having some1 elses blood required at our hands 4 leading them astray.  we must realize that every1 that preaches is not called/ordained by God. many so called preachers 2day have hidden motives mostly seeking fame & fortune.  u'll even find many of them don't really know the word nor do they really believe the word, but they do know if they preach us happy will give our last dime, especially when we idolize them.  The Bible teaches us 2 try the spirits and see wheter they be of God.  The problem with sinning is that many of us often play with/tempt God. How u ask? well heres how, we sin willfully , yet we automatically think God will keep 4giving us just by repenting.  this is how many backslide. every time in the Bible God would heal, help, or deliver some1 he always said, "GO AND SIN NOMORE." this subject will take 2 long 4 me 2 explain, but i hope this bit helps some1.  :idea:
Pages: [1]   Go Up