LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody here play Quartet Gospel?  (Read 1960 times)

Offline JhnnyJhnsn

• LGM Member

Anybody here play Quartet Gospel?
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:08:13 AM »
I play guitar in a Quartet Gospel group. Anybody here play Quartet Gospel?

Offline munsterduane

• LGM Member

Re: Anybody hear play Quartet Gospel?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 04:22:48 AM »
Yes I do Jhnny and I probably already know why your asking... There is zilch out there for help or chat rooms that i know of. I have to sit down and tab and chord  out everything we do.  And as far as the lead breaks and stuff I just try do what i hear, sometimes close sometimes not. We do  Cathedrals, Gold City, Greater Vision, Legacy Five, Gaither Vocal Band, that kind of stuff. Its tuff going but well worth the effort.  Duane

Offline JhnnyJhnsn

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:17:23 AM »
You are so right Duane and I haven’t found a lot of helpful guys either. Some of the musicians I have ran across, don’t have a clue as to what they are playing and don’t want anyone to know. I have found this to be true with even the best sounding musicians. Me? I have to work hard. I too, transcribe what I need in chords and tab and practice with rhythm charts. But check this out… I am familiar with some of the groups you listed but we play Canton Spirituals, Lee Williams and the QC’s and Mighty Clouds of Joy. I have to study and work hard but it has been paying off. I’m always looking for new resources… It’s good to hear from you. Maybe we can trade links… :)

Offline munsterduane

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »
No I havent sketch man and Jhnny Jhnson  I do everything up on word  docs and i havent tabbed any of the lead breaks. a site  I frequent that has lots of gospel songs and instructional videos  is   www.learntopick.com  he has some good stuff for a lot of the older style   country style gospel music. also  Ultimateguitartabs has lots of stuff there for the contemporary  christian as well as Itunes.  There  you can find  instructional podcasts from some great guys. As far as southern gospel stuff from the groups i mentioned above its next  to nil. I have even emailed a lot of the groups , they replied but they have nobody handling that part of it. The groups that have live bands should really get on this, there are a lot of people out there who want this style of music. Anybody who wants word docs of what i have can email me  at  duanemunn@gmail.com and i'll glady send them to them. I will also try to sit down and tab out some of the lead breaks  some ive got down note for note some ive improvised a lot. does anyone know where i could find  blank  tab sheet that i could use?  Our group does a lot of southern gospel and lots of new contemporary  like Chris Tomlin, Casting CRowns, Third Day  etc....this is a good post I hope more will join us

'll

Offline Sweetplayer

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
Love that type of music.Even though,i don`t play it.But,it do not seem,that hard to learn. ::)

Offline Sweetplayer

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
Is this what we are talking about?
Gospel Guitarist Fender Vic 01

Pentatonic,pul-off,slides,ham -on Yep,but to get it down,It will take some WORK ;D

Offline JhnnyJhnsn

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 11:15:10 PM »
So,  have you guys posted any of your transcriptions and rhythm charts online yet?

I’m sorry I tried to post earlier but my post must have been lost. You ask a fair question. My answer is no, I’m searching for a place to share with other Quartet Gospel musicians. That’s how I got here…
BTW: How do I post my tabs and charts online. I would love to do that…

Offline JhnnyJhnsn

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 11:17:40 PM »
Is this what we are talking about?
Yep, you got it brother... I love that lick and nice tone too...

Offline JhnnyJhnsn

• LGM Member

Re: Anybody here play Quartet Gospel?
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 12:18:31 AM »
You know what guys(ladies included)? My brother, Sweetplayer put up an inspiring video with some righteous Quartet Gospel licks. I promise to make a stab at part of it this weekend. Who is gonna chime in??? :D

Pickin4Jesus

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »
I did years ago. Lot of fun.

Offline JhnnyJhnsn

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 11:11:25 PM »
I know I promised to post some tabs of Sweetplayer’s licks. I have done the first few seconds but when I tried to scan them, I could not read them myself. I’m still trying to find a better way to post tabs. ?/?
Pages: [1]   Go Up