LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: the nord c2  (Read 6864 times)

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Players Govern Players Spectators Form Opinions

the nord c2
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:25:27 AM »
I just got the nord c2 with the pedal board but I cant play it because it needs a special stand so that the pedal board which is actually wider than the organ itself can fit under
so i have to wait until next week for that to be shipped another 200 dolars
plus the music stand and gig bag and half moon switch
every thing is an add on these days like a car

and the bench situation i need a portable bench but i have not been able to find anything that will work again the pedal board is the issue.

talk about opening up a can of worms

sheeeesh
To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Re: the nord c2
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
happy for you bro!!! What's you're take on that bad boy??? give us the truth bro;all the details!

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 03:12:33 PM »
happy for you bro!!! What's you're take on that bad boy??? give us the truth bro;all the details!

unfortunately I cant play it until I get my stand
so next week when I fire it up I will get to it

and hey by the way doc
didnt we have  studio appointment??

To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline sonicfoxbody

• LGM Member
    • Southeast Organ Co

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
A little too late but there were several items you could've saved money on. ON-STAGE makes a platform stand that will work with the 27 note pedal board. Also the $129 1/2 moon switch could've been avoided. There's a way that you could make a footswitch to control fast/slow at the expression pedal. All in all once you get the rig together you'll enjoy it.
Southeast Organ Co
Follow us on Facebook

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 07:57:35 AM »
A little too late but there were several items you could've saved money on. ON-STAGE makes a platform stand that will work with the 27 note pedal board. Also the $129 1/2 moon switch could've been avoided. There's a way that you could make a footswitch to control fast/slow at the expression pedal. All in all once you get the rig together you'll enjoy it.
well it is not too late. I havent purchased them yet I was going to do it on monday

so tell me about the expression switch.

I looked at the stand i am not sure the pedal board will fit becasue it is 42 inches wide the two stands I saw one for a mixer and the other for a keyboard only  accommodate  33 inches.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 08:16:44 AM »
ooooppssss!!! sorry bro;some crazy stuff at the clinic;totally forgot!!! call you This Tue!!!!

Offline sonicfoxbody

• LGM Member
    • Southeast Organ Co

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 07:23:35 PM »
well it is not too late. I havent purchased them yet I was going to do it on monday

so tell me about the expression switch.

I looked at the stand i am not sure the pedal board will fit becasue it is 42 inches wide the two stands I saw one for a mixer and the other for a keyboard only  accommodate  33 inches.

to trigger the fast/slow feature on the Nord it requires a simple on/off switch that you could make. I don't have photo of the setup I used prior to me getting a motion sound but I used a $12.95 ebay sustain pedal (1/4 plug) went to radio shack, purchased an on/off push button switch, then mounted it to a piece of scrap aluminum that I polished with a Dremel which ultimately attached to my expression pedal. My total cost was south of $25 and I was able to switch from fast to slow with my foot (great if you play with both hands). I'm more than likely ditching the half moon switch on my C-3 at home in favor for the same setup. Once you get used to controlling fast/slow with your foot you'll never want to go back to that silly hand switch.

The stand:

43.5" width http://cgi.ebay.com/On-Stage-Stands-Pro-Platform-Keyboard-Stand-/140482463071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b568455f

45" width http://cgi.ebay.com/Studio-T-Stand-Stage-Mixer-DJ-Coffin-Keyboard-/310267532331?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item483d62d42b

Whichever suites you best.... I haven't used either personally but there are several Nord enthusiast that are using these stands. I went to buy one last week when I was in Atlanta but they didn't have it in stock so that's that. I probably shouldn't invest any more $$ in my rig since I'm selling it (This time for real).
Southeast Organ Co
Follow us on Facebook

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 06:47:18 AM »
ever get that bad boy hooked up bro??Have you/can you do a real side by side with a Hammond like sonic did with the XK?

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 10:25:37 AM »
ever get that bad boy hooked up bro??Have you/can you do a real side by side with a Hammond like sonic did with the XK?

well I suppose I could if I could get this thing side by side with  a hammond and a leslie
I have an A100 in new york
but there is no leslie

now this nord c2 actually has a leslie connector I understand when you plug it to  a leslie it is phenomenal

so I am looking to purchase as small leslie.
I have not gotten the stand yet I hope to get it by next week,

Offline sonicfoxbody

• LGM Member
    • Southeast Organ Co

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »
well I suppose I could if I could get this thing side by side with  a hammond and a leslie
I have an A100 in new york
but there is no leslie

now this nord c2 actually has a leslie connector I understand when you plug it to  a leslie it is phenomenal

so I am looking to purchase as small leslie.
I have not gotten the stand yet I hope to get it by next week,

I've played mine with a Leslie 2101 the small compact (but pricey) Leslie, it's a beast. My Motion Sound does a great job as well. If you want a Leslie look into the (cheaper) Model 914. A music store has one locally for $650, so they're rather cost friendly.

doc, I can get you a side by side but it won't be until maybe 3 weeks or so. I'm remodeling my music room at home so everything is out, even the flooring, then add a vacation in the mix... The only side by side I've done was with that XK-3c and my Nord blew it out of the water.
Southeast Organ Co
Follow us on Facebook

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 01:47:03 PM »
For a leslie I'd get a classic 145 and a preamp to connect it.

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »
I've played mine with a Leslie 2101 the small compact (but pricey) Leslie, it's a beast. My Motion Sound does a great job as well. If you want a Leslie look into the (cheaper) Model 914. A music store has one locally for $650, so they're rather cost friendly.

doc, I can get you a side by side but it won't be until maybe 3 weeks or so. I'm remodeling my music room at home so everything is out, even the flooring, then add a vacation in the mix... The only side by side I've done was with that XK-3c and my Nord blew it out of the water.

Its amazing how much of the sound we associate with hammond is really coming from that leslie.

I am not taking anything away from hammond

but I remember when I first started playing piano at church
they had an old rhodes (original rhodes)

I connected a rotating speaker effect out of an alesis reverb unit
and it sounded very hammond organish.

the speakers play a big part of that tone you expect

I cant wait to get my hands on a small portable leslie.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 03:16:57 PM »
great!!!!Trek ll makes a pre-amp for just about ANY leslie,and you can run different types together.It's pricey,but I take my hat off to Mike;he's done some great work.

Plus,if you find an old 122 or 147;the pre-amp works with just your 1/4 line out.Unless you get a new 11 pin leslie;I think there's ANOTHER adaptor to hook a Nord up;so look before you leap$$$$$$.

So.nothing is easy!(or cheap)

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »
[
So.nothing is easy!(or cheap)
[/quote]

Aint that the truth

Offline sonicfoxbody

• LGM Member
    • Southeast Organ Co

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 07:56:51 PM »
Its amazing how much of the sound we associate with hammond is really coming from that leslie.

I am not taking anything away from hammond

but I remember when I first started playing piano at church
they had an old rhodes (original rhodes)

I connected a rotating speaker effect out of an alesis reverb unit
and it sounded very hammond organish.

the speakers play a big part of that tone you expect

I cant wait to get my hands on a small portable leslie.

There are so many ways you can go for a speaker. I know I recommended the 914 but after thinking about it, the Nord is that of a portable organ. I truthfully wouldn't recommend purchasing ANY Leslie cabinet for it. I recommended the 914 to you but I wouldn't do it myself, I slapped myself for you.

Look into the Motion Sound Pro-145 (easy enough to travel with) or Leslie 2101 (a beast, hooks via 11 pin and there's tons of adjust-ability, you can hook to a keyboard amp to get more kick but the unit itself packs a good punch) those are the best bang for buck speakers when it comes to a portable organ. Truthfully if I were keeping mine the next move for me was going to be the Pro-145.
Southeast Organ Co
Follow us on Facebook

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 06:41:21 AM »
I've read and talked to some organ gurus who say the newer leslie don't travel all that well.Pro 145 may be an exception to that;but they had some upper driver blow-outs.

Since clonewheels are supposed to ;well be moved-why are we soooo persnickety? Most of the newer stuff has a good Leslie sim;run it thru the house!

To me;the big advantage of the sound from the old cabinets is the resonance.I think the "moving air" deal is a big part,but mostly from the upper driver.

One idea I've toyed with,is making a 1/3 size cabinet with just the upper rotor/horn and a 122 amp.Split the signal off the crossover,and run the bass into the hse;basically what motion Sound does with one of their setups.I knew a cat who did that with his Crumar portable back in the 80's.

Offline sonicfoxbody

• LGM Member
    • Southeast Organ Co

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »
doc I think you have the Leslie 2101 confused with an actual cabinet. These travel very well  ;D

Southeast Organ Co
Follow us on Facebook

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 06:48:48 AM »
I've never seen or played thru a 2101-so they're cool?

I think it's the newer 122/147/914 that don't have such a good travel rep.I was at a local cat who sells used B's;he had a 914 or new 122 off to the side.I have read that also;Would you use a 2101 instead of a MS?

Offline sonicfoxbody

• LGM Member
    • Southeast Organ Co

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 09:04:32 AM »
I've never seen or played thru a 2101-so they're cool?

I think it's the newer 122/147/914 that don't have such a good travel rep.I was at a local cat who sells used B's;he had a 914 or new 122 off to the side.I have read that also;Would you use a 2101 instead of a MS?
The 2101 is simply awesome to say the least. I should've recorded when I played my Nord through one, however I rarely ever have my camera with me. For two 5" speakers and a rotating horn it packs a serious punch, it makes walls tremble. Yes, I would pick a 2101 over my Pro3x in a heartbeat. I'm not sure about the Pro-145 as I've never played through one. The Leslie 914 is a HEAVY sucker, I haven't had to move a new 122 or anything but I know my 142 which is the same thing as a 122 isn't heavy at all.

Leslie 2101 mk2 new video

Leslie 2101 mk2

Southeast Organ Co
Follow us on Facebook

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 08:52:33 AM »
nice clip;btw  for the 1 st time I noticed as he changed settings;his bass sound stayed the same,and he played (bassline) higher up.I usually stay in the lowest octave,a little more bottom end.Maybe that's why T's the featured artist? he's got killer chops and genuine nice guy!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up