LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Embarassing Moments at Work  (Read 11759 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: Embarassing Moments at Work
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 01:36:45 PM »
OMG, definitely....we usually have Friday morning meetings. 7AM I was talking and after I got through talking and telling everyone what they needed to do and must do I ended saying. "AMEN" real loud as if I was in church...I was like OMG. Sorry ya'll you can tell I go to church ALOT! ::)

I. Do. That. Allllll. The. Time.  ALLLL the time.  :-[
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline sistagurl

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 01:48:05 PM »
Sometimes when I'm bogged down I turn the music on and dance...lol. I got this feeling to look toward the door and my boss was standing there. I was soooooo embarrassed. I couldn't say anything..

I don't know how long he had been standing there. He looked at me for a minute and said this is what I pay you for??? I didn't say anything... He then burst out laughing. And said proceed and shut the door. I was mortified! LOL

My boss is cool but don't need him to be stopping by unannounced.. :D

Tiptip357

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 02:04:29 PM »
Well I already told most of yall about my "blue diva from the 5th Element" story in my "have you ever thread"...

Yesterday, my heel got caught in that lil hole thingy between the elevator and the 1st floor at work...

To the people walking by and the receptionist...it looked like someone pushed me out of the elevator...

One of my coworkers came over there looked inside the elevator, thinking that there was someone still in there...

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 05:29:19 PM »
Well a few years back I had dropped a whole lot a weight so my uniform pants had gotten a little loose.  So one day I was walking to my car to put my cleaned uniforms in it and then go back into the warehouse and my pants fell down while my hands were full.  Why was the secretary standing at the door THAT particular day?  Same thing happened at the store one day.  I wore some shorts without a belt and I had to walk around holding my shorts up.  I don't see how these youngsters do it because sagging aint really that fun.

Another time I was at the Dell Computer warehouse servicing them and I fell over an empty pallet.  How did I not see it?  I just got up and kept on walking,  I didn't even want to know if anybody saw me.

And once at a job interview I was talking and what not.  During an extended moment of silence while the man was doing some writing, my stomach let out a growl so loud and long you would have thought I had swallowed a mic.  I just said "sorry, I haven't eaten this morning."  He wanted to laugh, but he remained professional.  And no I didn't get the job.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 04:58:58 AM »
Two weeks ago, I come into work and as soon as I sit down, my supervisor comes over and starts asking 50-leven questions before I could even clock in.  I was heated!  I sent an email to the two people that sit around me stating 'Can I at least sit down and clock in before I get asked 80 questions?'.  I leave my desk and go to the break room and I had asked one of the girls had she gotten my message.  She said 'no but I'll check it in a minute'.

10 minutes go by and she was like, 'your email was hilarious, but did you mean to send that to your supervisor too?'  I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  I thought she was messing with me, but sure enough....instead of sending it to my second neighbor, I sent it to my supervisor...who I was talking about!

First action was to recall the message because I knew she was in a meeting.  Failed.  So my coworker and I came up with an idea to pretend like I was having a bad morning.  So she went to her desk and apologized for asking me questions (as if I was addressing her and my supervisor).  I then came back and apologized and said I had a very bad weekend.

The supervisor wrote me back and said 'I know things have been very trying, but dont get that worked up.  Things will get better...I promise'.  She was super nice to me ever since.  So what was an embarrassing situation turned out to be great in the end...LOL!

I was on the opposite end of a similar one.  I was conducting my staff meeting.  I usually go over my schedule, upcoming Leadership Meetings that we needed to prepare material for and other assignments we needed to complete.  I decided to change the format and started to ask individuals in my team to bring in topics or bring in an expert from other parts of the company to educate us on what was going on in their areas. During one of these expert presentations, one of my team members was trying to send an IM to another team member stating "At least it's better than listening to him talking about his f-ing schedule".  I IMed him back "Somehow I don't think this was supposed to be for me".  The fun part is he had to sit tight for the rest of the staff meeting, knowing that I was staring him down.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Tiptip357

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 08:08:39 AM »
I was on the opposite end of a similar one.  I was conducting my staff meeting.  I usually go over my schedule, upcoming Leadership Meetings that we needed to prepare material for and other assignments we needed to complete.  I decided to change the format and started to ask individuals in my team to bring in topics or bring in an expert from other parts of the company to educate us on what was going on in their areas. During one of these expert presentations, one of my team members was trying to send an IM to another team member stating "At least it's better than listening to him talking about his f-ing schedule".  I IMed him back "Somehow I don't think this was supposed to be for me".  The fun part is he had to sit tight for the rest of the staff meeting, knowing that I was staring him down.

Ooooooh! To be at that meeting...
     Funnaaaaaaay!  :D :D :D

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 08:14:18 AM »
Ooooooh! To be at that meeting...
     Funnaaaaaaay!  :D :D :D

Hey Tip Tip three five seveeeeeeeeeeen!  Been missin' you girl! :) Me and another LGMer were talking the other day and we both wondered where you'd been.  ;)

Tiptip357

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »
Hey Tip Tip three five seveeeeeeeeeeen!  Been missin' you girl! :) Me and another LGMer were talking the other day and we both wondered where you'd been.  ;)

Hey, sis! I've been just...WHEW... for these past couple of days...but I'm cool now! :D I've been missin yall too!  I can't stay gone for too long...I get the shakes! LOL! :D

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 10:58:16 AM »
KNOCK & LOCK folks....

My embarassing moment JUST HAPPENED:  >:(

There's a restroom on my floor that's a "one-holer" (just one toilet, with a LARGE vanity and LARGE mirror [that's key]).

I'm in there doin my thing and next thing I know, someone's opening the door!!!!!!!!   :o :o :o  I'm like "What the----!!" So, I gets up offa da stool (don't you just love the visual?  :P ), reeeach over and close the door & push the button in to lock it! When I sit back down, I wonder, "Gee, did they get that view of me in the mirror as they were opening the door??"  ::) :o :o

Now, to be honest, I usually don't lock the door cuz I thought I was working with grown folks who know how to KNOCK upon seeing a closed door.  So lesson learned here is LOCK the dang door next time!! >:( :D :-\

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »
I guess I can count the time a few months ago when I was standing in a group of several people discussing a very serious topic and didn't realize my personal cell phone (I have one for work, one for personal) was on LOUD instead of VIBRATE.

It wouldn't be as embarrassing if it were not for my weird sense of humor / choice of ringtones. 

Prince.....Housequake.....the one that starts out with Prince YELLING "Shut up already, Darn!!" (except he doesn't really say "darn") then the drum kicks in.   :-X  :-X  :-X
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 03:48:17 AM »
I was in a meeting with my District Manager, who I find very attrcive... Anyway, he hands me this document that I needed to circulate to my team, and a random booger falls out of my nose, and lands on the paper as I was taking it from him. It slapped the paper and had a hair in it. LOL. Gross, yes, embarassing, OH YEAH!

I am soooooooo embarrassed for you...

:o

KNOCK & LOCK folks....

There's a restroom on my floor that's a "one-holer" (just one toilet, with a LARGE vanity and LARGE mirror [that's key]).

I'm in there doin my thing and next thing I know, someone's opening the door!!!!!!!!   :o :o :o  I'm like "What the----!!" So, I gets up offa da stool (don't you just love the visual?  :P ), reeeach over and close the door & push the button in to lock it! When I sit back down, I wonder, "Gee, did they get that view of me in the mirror as they were opening the door??"  ::) :o :o

Heck that ain't nothin'! Some dude has actually walked in on me in a Borders bookstore. Unfortunately it was one of those long narrow toilet cubicles where the "stool" is far from the dorr so i couldn't reach out and lock it. It was horrible and the silly guy stood there for 5 secs...the longest 5 secs of my life.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 06:54:59 AM »
KNOCK & LOCK folks....

Now, to be honest, I usually don't lock the door cuz I thought I was working with grown folks who know how to KNOCK upon seeing a closed door.  So lesson learned here is LOCK the dang door next time!! >:( :D :-\

:D :D :D :D

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 08:35:48 AM »
I am soooooooo embarrassed for you...

:o

Heck that ain't nothin'! Some dude has actually walked in on me in a Borders bookstore. Unfortunately it was one of those long narrow toilet cubicles where the "stool" is far from the dorr so i couldn't reach out and lock it. It was horrible and the silly guy stood there for 5 secs...the longest 5 secs of my life.

What the heck could've been going through his lil mind for 5 whole seconds....as he stood there...watching....?

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »
What the heck could've been going through his lil mind for 5 whole seconds....as he stood there...watching....?

"Dang....I wonder if he'd mind if I used the urinal while he....I mean it's not like he's using the urinal.....and I REALLY gotta.....Dang....I better leave"

And no, it WAS NOT me that busted in.....I'm just sayin'
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Tiptip357

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »
This didn't happen at work, but it was on my way to work...

Today, I was kinda in a rush because I was leaving the later than usual and they are doing some construction work on the highway. Well, I left the house to go to my car and I opened the passenger side door, sat down and closed the door...sitting there for a minute waiting...

I was hoping that nobody saw me, but the nosy neighbor down the street was out watering the lawn...

:-[ :-[ :-[

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 09:07:49 AM »

Today, I was kinda in a rush because I was leaving the later than usual and they are doing some construction work on the highway. Well, I left the house to go to my car and I opened the passenger side door, sat down and closed the door...sitting there for a minute waiting...

I was hoping that nobody saw me, but the nosy neighbor down the street was out watering the lawn...

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 09:08:48 AM »

WOW, Tip! You must've not been closed (int.) in your right mind, like the old folks used to say.  :D :D

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »

Wow....

Tiptip357

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 09:26:11 AM »
*sniff sniff* I know...I know...pray fa me...

:-[ :-[ :'(

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 09:32:14 AM »

Have you traveled overseas lately? :D
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up