LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the best Piano sound of all time?  (Read 12089 times)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

What is the best Piano sound of all time?
« on: March 21, 2008, 01:03:18 PM »

My top 3 are

1 Kurzweil Digital Piano
2 Roland XP-80
3 Motif ES8

And Korg makes the worst sounding pianos ever.

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

Re: What is the best Piano sound of all time?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:07:14 PM »

troof...

even the casio px-series sounds better.

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 02:55:33 PM »
The best of all time would probably be the Kurzweil K-250 circa mid 80's  I should have bought one when I had the chance.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »
I love the Power Grand on the Motif 8. I use a MKS 20 with my PC 88. Its creates a nice layer. I also like the RD 500. The best that I heard was on a Plug in I believe by EastWest.
Im too tall to act small.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »

My top 3 are

1 Kurzweil Digital Piano
2 Roland XP-80
3 Motif ES8

I know I may have already asked you this but I forgot what the answer was. What is your favorite piano sound on the MO8? What on the MO8 sounds similar to this  http://www.gospelmusicians.com/media/1157/James_fortune/
Thanks in advance for your help ;)
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline Virtuenow

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:17:47 PM »
what is the best sound on the casio wk series??

Offline amandaag

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »
i think the casio wk 3300 probably makes the best piano sounds

but i really love the E. Piano sounds more than the regular piano sounds; sounds more jazzy

Offline jlc4703

• LGM Member
  • PC3X & PC3 in studio
    • Promised LAN Computing, Inc.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »
The best sounding acoustic piano on an electronic that I have heard so far is the newest Performance Controller from Kurzweil - the PC3X.  Right now, there are only about 70 of these in the US, general release should be in the next couple of weeks.

I have been using a Kurzweil PC2X for the past couple of years, the Triple Strike Piano variations on it were my previous favorite.

I received one of the very first of the new PC3X Friday. Compared to the PC2X, it just sounds more detailed.  The sustain on the upper range is considerably extended (when sustain pedal is used), more like an acoustic grand.  The biggest difference though was when I push it a bit.  The older Kurzweil would play all the way from pp to a strong f, but just kind of ran out of range.  The new one just goes to a stronger ff or even fff. The dynamic range has been expanded.

This is the first totally new high end instrument from Kurzweil for about 12 years. I haven't even had time to listen to all the sounds yet.  Now, there is still a full Orchestral ROM PLUS a new Strings ROM - so many different variations in sound.  Also a new virtual Analog synth built right into the new VAST operating system.

The new keyboard (new design - no lead used to meet EU regulations) has a different feel also. It still feels like a moderately strong piano action, but the "klunk" from the key weights is much quieter. Still seems to have a good action for playing.

Also - the basses - first instrument since my very old K2000VP that really has a solid old-school bass that blends in the mix but has that deep ability to walk empty cups right off tables.

I've only sold ONE of the Kurzweils that I have ever bought - I had a chance to get a PC2X at a very attractive price used, bought it, and sold my SP88X stage piano. This instrument is used in my home living room for all three players in the family.

At church, I have a 15 year old K2000VP and a PC2 (76 key). My shop/studio has the new PC3X and a K2661. I haven't found anything yet musically that I can't do with at least one of them.

If money was absolutely no object, the Bosendorfer CEFS electronic will probably be the finest sounding electronic ever built. It uses the complete action including hammers of a Bosendorfer Imperial Grand; into a very complex computer system. In final test now, expected release very soon. Price not yet released - estimated to be above 50,000 euro. Defined purpose is to produce a world class instrument that is portable for concert artists to use for both practice and concerts.

Jim
Jim Cason
Faith is the substance of things not seen

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 07:58:36 PM »
what is the best sound on the casio wk series??

I must say that each time after playing a Roland, I'm not happy with the Casio grand piano sound--it's just not as solid as the Rolands..

But nonetheless, if you just listen to a Casio, I have to agree with amandaag--it has the best piano sounds ;D

I like the grand piano on 000, but Sometimes I prefer the piano on 402 in the default settings with the DSP effects..

Another 1 i like is 024 (some oct piano or something)..

& to the main question of board with best sounds..I know the Kurzs sound good, but I must take my cap off for the Roland RD 700.
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline ShadowPhace

• LGM Member
  • I am truely blessed...thank you God.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 08:07:19 PM »
Fantom Ultimate Grand piano sound

Roland Digital pianos already have good sounds, and the Fantom is built with the same technology as the Roland Digital pianos, to get that clean piano sound.
All the glory goes to God for my talent.

Offline amandaag

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 10:44:45 AM »
I must say that each time after playing a Roland, I'm not happy with the Casio grand piano sound--it's just not as solid as the Rolands..

But nonetheless, if you just listen to a Casio, I have to agree with amandaag--it has the best piano sounds ;D

I like the grand piano on 000, but Sometimes I prefer the piano on 402 in the default settings with the DSP effects..

Another 1 i like is 024 (some oct piano or something)..

& to the main question of board with best sounds..I know the Kurzs sound good, but I must take my cap off for the Roland RD 700.

yeah on the casio wk 3300 series, i kinda think the 000 grand piano is not as it should be, but i like the 404 electronic piano sound, i use that alot.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 10:47:02 AM »
The casio piano ha way to much reverb. maybe if you lower the reverb amount, it will sound better.

What I did, was layer the piano sound, with the electic piano 019, and it sounds good enough

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 10:59:25 AM »
The casio piano ha way to much reverb. maybe if you lower the reverb amount, it will sound better.

What I did, was layer the piano sound, with the electic piano 019, and it sounds good enough
A lot of the piano sounds tend to overdo it on the decay times for the various keys.  Of course you can adjust that if you like.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline tupumakis

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 12:00:03 PM »
Anyone of you heard of GEM Real Piano?

i know it is a bit on the cheap side of things, but it sounds very real to me.

on the soft side, i heard the art vista piano, and was amazed! i think it is actually the best soft piano, to my ears.

Luca

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
yeah on the casio wk 3300 series, i kinda think the 000 grand piano is not as it should be, but i like the 404 electronic piano sound, i use that alot.

yeah 404 is a cute sound..& yeah U13, some piano sounds do have some reverb, especially if U add the DSP effects.

I like sound 044 as well..I think it's the synth electric piano / stringE.Piano..sounds nice 2 me.

Offline amandaag

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 04:51:43 PM »
yeah 404 is a cute sound..& yeah U13, some piano sounds do have some reverb, especially if U add the DSP effects.

I like sound 044 as well..I think it's the synth electric piano / stringE.Piano..sounds nice 2 me.

oh yea! strings/e.piano sound are cool as well as the synth/ e.piano sound. i barely use them though.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 05:09:02 PM »
How could I forget to mention the Tremelo Piano on #033 (i think :-\)..

Now that's a very good sound if used in proper songs..especially if it's connected onto loudspeakers..
It's a really professional sound..i.m.o.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »
How could I forget to mention the Tremelo Piano on #033 (i think :-\)..

Now that's a very good sound if used in proper songs..especially if it's connected onto loudspeakers..
It's a really professional sound..i.m.o.

Yeah, the casio sounds 5 times better on a decent sound system

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 07:41:57 PM »
Yeah, the casio sounds 5 times better on a decent sound system
So what is your favorite piano sound on the MO8?
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 07:52:30 PM »

I'm not really sure. The Motif at church is hooked up to a crappy speaker, so I cant really judge them beause of the nasty distortion. But I think I usually use the concert grand. I'll try to make a note of which one I like best, the next time I go there
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up