LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little drawbar help  (Read 2387 times)

Offline BobV

• LGM Member

Little drawbar help
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:42:11 PM »
Hi all,

I've been using synths until recently. I bought an M3 (cause they're not expensive and are considered the "Baby B") a couple weeks ago and have been reading up about different drawbar settings.
I'm liking 88 8000 400 on the upper and x8 8000 000 on the lower, but this is of course from an M3. The M3 has drawbars arranged in only three goups 8 for the lower, then 1 for the pedals, then 9 for the upper. I've noticed on a B3 there are much more than 3 groups. Can anyone tell me what all the drawbar groups are for the B3? Or direct me to a webpage that has this info?

Thanks.
Bob <><

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

Re: Little drawbar help
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:47:52 PM »
Hi all,

I've been using synths until recently. I bought an M3 (cause they're not expensive and are considered the "Baby B") a couple weeks ago and have been reading up about different drawbar settings.
I'm liking 88 8000 400 on the upper and x8 8000 000 on the lower, but this is of course from an M3. The M3 has drawbars arranged in only three goups 8 for the lower, then 1 for the pedals, then 9 for the upper. I've noticed on a B3 there are much more than 3 groups. Can anyone tell me what all the drawbar groups are for the B3? Or direct me to a webpage that has this info?

Thanks.
Bob <><
The B3 has two sets of drawbars (Bb and B preset keys) for the upper and lower manuals
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline BobV

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 02:01:29 PM »
Thanks.

I think I hear what your say (or read what your typing really). So are you saying that for each manual there are two sets of draw bars? let's take just the upper for example. Where you can have one upper set (Bb) at 88 8000 000  and the other upper set (B) set at lets say 08 5500 066.... Then just hit the Bb preset to get the first, and at some point hit the B preset and the upper manual automatically switches?

And this concept also then works the same way for the lower manual? Is that how they work? I though the C preset was used to cancel all presets allowing for real time drawbars changes. no?

Hate to be a pain, sorry and thanks again.

Bob <>< 

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 03:00:29 PM »
Thanks.

I think I hear what your say (or read what your typing really). So are you saying that for each manual there are two sets of draw bars? let's take just the upper for example. Where you can have one upper set (Bb) at 88 8000 000  and the other upper set (B) set at lets say 08 5500 066.... Then just hit the Bb preset to get the first, and at some point hit the B preset and the upper manual automatically switches?

And this concept also then works the same way for the lower manual? Is that how they work? I though the C preset was used to cancel all presets allowing for real time drawbars changes. no?

Hate to be a pain, sorry and thanks again.

Bob <>< 
You got it Bob.  :)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:50:37 PM »
you have to use the B and Bb preset eys to use the drawbars. for the top manual (The swell) u use the left set of bars. for the lower manual (the great) u must use the right 2 sets of drawbars.

Offline darkwing

• LGM Member
    • Free Gospel Resource

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 04:30:27 AM »
Here's an article that walks you through the drawbars and their functions...

http://freegospelresource.com/drawbar-settings/how-to-use-drawbars.html

God Bless!
http://freegospelresource.com - Free charts, progressions, voicings, theory and organ resources.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 06:47:59 AM »
hey bob,check out some of the teaching dvd's resources on LGM;also tony monaco,www.B3monaco.com.some really good info on how B works and how to play for under $100.be blessed

Offline BobV

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »
Thanks everyone,

This has been a very helpful thread for me.

Peace.
Bob <><

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 01:20:42 PM »
Thanks everyone,

This has been a very helpful thread for me.

Peace.
Bob <><
Welcome aboard Bob.  There are some really cool people on here.

NYKEYS

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 10:53:50 PM »
BobV I have a ton of drawbar settings posted on my myspace blog

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=51260186&blogID=120593882

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 08:25:35 AM »
hey bro,i used to haul a chopped M3 myself and was pretty good all things considered.here's a web page,captin foldback that has a bunch of ideas and hot-rod mods for M3 's to bring them uo to B3 specs.hope it helps.considering the clones like the Nord and XK can be had for little over a grand,hard to justify a lot of $ for upgrades

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 08:50:27 AM »
hey bro,i used to haul a chopped M3 myself and was pretty good all things considered.here's a web page,captin foldback that has a bunch of ideas and hot-rod mods for M3 's to bring them uo to B3 specs.hope it helps.considering the clones like the Nord and XK can be had for little over a grand,hard to justify a lot of $ for upgrades
I couldn't imagine having to haul an organ around for gigs.  I've had a CX3 for a couple years or so and it's bad enough having to carry it.  When you're at a gig and the music is loud, you kinda forget it's a clone.  A nice clone running through a Leslie is about as good as it gets for portability.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 05:48:33 AM »
yes my brother,in the dark days(of disco) hauled around my M3 and chopped 31 leslie(a small case about 1/2) size of a 145 ! how i love my cx-3 and my VOCE v3 module( 1 rack space-5lbs) but lots of cats were hauling chopped B's and pairs of leslies and PA gear .someday i want to get a preamp and run my KORG thru a 122.what leslie do you run yours thru?

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »
yes my brother,in the dark days(of disco) hauled around my M3 and chopped 31 leslie(a small case about 1/2) size of a 145 ! how i love my cx-3 and my VOCE v3 module( 1 rack space-5lbs) but lots of cats were hauling chopped B's and pairs of leslies and PA gear .someday i want to get a preamp and run my KORG thru a 122.what leslie do you run yours thru?
Ahhhhh good ole disco.   8)  I tried running my CX3 through a Leslie 760.  It was a bit too clean so I tried turning off the rotary simulator on the keyboard and it sounded really nice.  I've never giged with the 760.  I'm really thinking about buying a smaller solid state Leslie or maybe another 760 and chop it.  The one thing I do like about the solid state models is they are easy to mod and the speed switching is simple to do.  I guess you could stop the rotors and just use it like a regular keyboard amp if you wanted.  I'm not sure how that would sound though.

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »
The B3 has two sets of drawbars (Bb and B preset keys) for the upper and lower manuals

A# and B....sorry to be nit-picky...but my father is a pipe organist...and he is meticulous as crap when it comes to that stuff

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 12:26:05 PM »
A# and B....sorry to be nit-picky...but my father is a pipe organist...and he is meticulous as crap when it comes to that stuff
I'll keep that in mind if me and your father ever do a gig together   8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up