LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Gospel musician are not real musician  (Read 14965 times)

Offline TheBigO30

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I do it all for the Lord,

Gospel musician are not real musician
« on: October 04, 2007, 02:38:44 PM »
my brothers and sistas
          Yesterday I was in a music store shop for a MO8 to buy, the saleman say me a question like where do i play at, how long I began playing, and what kinda of music I play, I told him gospel on the piano and jazz on my Axe ( my tromebone). The next thing came out his mouth shock me to the point i didn't buy anything out that store. Gospel musician are not real musician all we do is play by ear some of us don't known how to read music. We don't know how to play beethoven Piaon Sanata No .14 in C-sharp, all we do is ruin good gospel sound by adding worldly music to it, like rap and hip-hop.

I explain to him the gospel music is still the same just with a little updated beats. he said the Jesus didn't have to change his ministry to reach those who was lost, so why do gospel music have to sound like worldly music to what some my said reach the youth. I told him from the 70's to the 80's gospel music had change and from the 80's to the 90's it change also so.

But, before I can finish he quote Roman 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God. than quoted 2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Chirst, he is a new creature: olds things ate passed away; behold, all things are become new*

He said thats for the Bible, Gods words, so why  gospel musicians don't obey his word, i couldn't say a word, he  saying how can gospel musicians can save souls by mixing Snoop Dog with Yolanda Adams, that is not pure gospel music. I told him if i play mary have a little lamb and I'll paly it for the Lord, I'll prayer he will honor it. he said How the Lord going to honor gospel music you mix worldly music that called ladies B's,that promote selling drugs, and killing each other. I was mad. he said the church want to be like the world and gospel Artist, Musician, and Preacher all in it for the money. he was dumbing all this on me!!

I was there to buy a board. he said how any time he heard keyboard/piano players comes in the store and talks about how much they make playing at this church and that church. he say a local keys player to play at his church. the frist thing the keys player say to him that charger $200. for one day and he don't play for small ministry. he end it by saying this (Jesus have all power to heal the sick, raise the dead, and perform all kinds a miracles, but did he charger anyone. No)

So why do gospel artist, Preacher and musicians think they can put a price on talents or gift God have giving them to save his people. i thought about what he said; is this the image the church he on the world today
Lets save souls with the Lords music.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Gospel musician are not real musician
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:49:10 PM »
Sadly, that is the image that the world has. In some cases, that's the thought period.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline ShadowPhace

• LGM Member
  • I am truely blessed...thank you God.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 08:13:48 PM »
First of all, there are some gospel musicians who play classical music. I was trained a a classical trumpeter.

As fare as for gospel music sounding like worldly music, I may get a few blood pressures up when I say this, but I believe that some, not all, gospel songs or artists has gotten out of control.  Some gospel songs to me sound more for entertainment rather than for worship. But, thats just my opinion...
All the glory goes to God for my talent.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 08:16:19 PM »
First of all, there are some gospel musicians who play classical music. I was trained a a classical trumpeter.

As fare as for gospel music sounding like worldly music, I may get a few blood pressures up when I say this, but I believe that some, not all, gospel songs or artists has gotten out of control.  Some gospel songs to me sound more for entertainment rather than for worship. But, thats just my opinion...

You are not wrong NOR alone in your opinion!!! ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 08:36:28 PM »
Wow!!! :o
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:41:16 PM »

You are not wrong NOR alone in your opinion!!! ;)

LOL

Offline takuya

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »
What kind of musician was he?  Classical?  And what instrument?

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »
What kind of musician was he?  Classical?  And what instrument?

A narrow minded one. >:(

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 09:18:02 PM »
Interesting.....
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline Sannysan1908

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 09:27:34 PM »
my brothers and sistas
   Gospel musician are not real musician     

I remember one of my music instructors making that same statement --  :'( 

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 10:53:24 PM »

Like Sjon said, you are not alone in your opinion.  ;)

But, before I can finish he quote Roman 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God. than quoted 2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Chirst, he is a new creature: olds things ate passed away; behold, all things are become new*

I will also say that it's wrong for that man to put all musicians in the same box, because all of us are not the same. This guy must don't wanna sell anything talking to people like that, he should have just sold you the keyboard and kept his mouth shut. Seems like to me he is quoting scriptures with his mouth but that Word evidently has not made it to his heart yet. That's just my 2 cents... ;D :D :o 8)
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline tkeys86

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 11:16:07 PM »
maybe he had a bad experience involving gospel musicians recently.  :(

Offline Pianist84

• LGM Member
  • La Pianista

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 11:53:13 PM »
maybe he had a bad experience involving gospel musicians recently.  :(

Not only that, but he probably can't play gospel music and he may want to try to discourage other gospel musicians. And he is wrong! There are some gospel musicians including myself that are classically trained.
"Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy." ~Psalm 33:3

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 02:21:05 AM »
Not only that, but he probably can't play gospel music and he may want to try to discourage other gospel musicians. And he is wrong! There are some gospel musicians including myself that are classically trained.
You tell em honey!! I'm not classically trained but I am LGM-trained.;)

Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline blessedhammond

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 03:15:21 AM »
To me all this guy is doing is raising the standard for us gospel musicians. We really need to watch how we talk and act, for people are watchin us. Now for us as musicians we really need to re-evaluate and see if we are really playin for the money or for the upbuilding of the kingdom of God. We should really look at what the money we make is going to, is it going to the enrichment or improvement of our gift and talent. For this is part of what it should be for. Lastly I do thing it would be great if we raised the standard of gospel musicians learning how to play classical and or read music it will just make us better and the kingdom of God stronger.

Offline TheBigO30

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I do it all for the Lord,

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 10:44:32 AM »
co-sign, he ask a local musician to play at his church, the musician said than he charger $200. to play and he don't play at small ministies.

the man i talk to is an Elder.

but it funny how some people agrees with him
i think he quote those scriptures trying to make a point, saying the if we are save and filled will the holy ghost than our passing life(go to the club, listing to rapper and hip-hop(r&b) all the old things shounld not gone, we suppose to new creature in Christ.so  hip-hop gospel and rapper souldn't even be in the church, Now the church is calling hip-hop and gospel rap right , back in grandma day is was wrong. so what is the diffrents of the God his grandma sever from the God we serve today. nothing. what wrong with amazing grace it saved his grandma so why can it save young poeple today, it the same God. so why we need help for the world to do God work. that why the church are have so much problem today,because we welcome the devil in the Lords house by mix the Lords music with the world.Gospel Arits making songs with rappers remember when the church said the rap and hip-hop was bad for the kids, so why are some churches allow what is wrong, and saying it right.

well, he say why do we need hip-hop and rap in gospel music. why do we need the help of the world to reach the young people.
Lets save souls with the Lords music.

Offline HammondMan82

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 10:56:45 AM »
GETTING BACK TO THE BASICS !!

Offline Wash

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »
If I am not mistaken I believe Richard Smallwood is also classical trained.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 12:17:57 PM »
If I am not mistaken I believe Richard Smallwood is also classical trained.

Affirmative.  His music has classical written all over it.....that and Darren Atwater being his orchestra director. 
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up