LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tama Bubinga Birch  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Praise_Productions

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • You just have to surrender to the music!!!!!!!!!!

Tama Bubinga Birch
« on: April 05, 2007, 09:19:56 AM »
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but has anyone heard the Tama Bubinga Birch kit yet?  We got one at the store about 2 weeks ago and I must say it is a very nice sounding drum.  It has a nice warm tone with a nice focused punch to it.  The drums gave me chills when I first played it, I haven't had many drums to do that.  The bass drum is 3 ply bubinga and 5 ply birch and the toms are 3 ply bubinga and 4 ply birch.  If you haven't checked it out you need to.  That is going to be my next kit!

Here is a little review of the kit

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Tama-Starclassic-Performer-Birch-Bubinga-4pc-Shell-Pack?full_sku=104282249
Say hello to my little friend!!!!

JFunky

Re: Tama Bubinga Birch
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 05:10:25 PM »
...I'll have to hear 'em.  Tama is making some crazy things right now. 

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »
Tams is...BOO BOO!..lol.. Yeah they are coming out some nice gear...Im not a fan of their foot pedals but they have sweet kits... :-\ :)I'd take a Tama over a Pearl anyday!! No point intended JFunky..lol... ;D
Richard

drummin4JC

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 09:36:10 PM »
Im not a fan of their foot pedals

:o  >:(  AHHHH!!!! WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!?!?! YOUR A YAMAHABOY!!! lol  ;D

HumbleGospelDrummer

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 09:43:12 PM »
Tams is...BOO BOO!..lol.. Yeah they are coming out some nice gear...Im not a fan of their foot pedals but they have sweet kits... :-\ :)I'd take a Tama over a Pearl anyday!! No point intended JFunky..lol... ;D

i 2nd that right thurr, Pearl better step their game up. Tama and Sabian are takin' over the game badly.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »

:o  >:(  AHHHH!!!! WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!?!?! YOUR A YAMAHABOY!!! lol  ;D

Its Yamaha 24/8 for me man..lol...They even have great entry level kits I dont own a entry level kit but Ive played one and they are better that all of the other companies entry level kits ...now thats what I call a REAL drum company...lol...  ;D ;D
Richard

drummin4JC

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »
Its Yamaha 24/8 for me man..lol...They even have great entry level kits I dont own a entry level kit but Ive played one and they are better that all of the other companies entry level kits ...now thats what I call a REAL drum company...lol...  ;D ;D

allright im not trying to change the subject but a real drum company is  DW

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 05:41:38 PM »

He now it's on my friend!! >:( ;D....DW is great but truthfully I think that people started to jock DW just because of all of the finishes and snares they offer... Maple is Maple so I can't see why it cost 4 g's to buy a DW kit... :-\...Dont get me wrong if someone offered me a DW i'd take it in a heart beat but come on 4 grand Its just too much!!! Ive played a DW before and I liked it but I wasnt ready to clear out my bank account to get it though!!
Richard

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »
If someone offered me a DW I'd take it too...

and trade it in for something else ;D
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

JFunky

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 10:30:18 PM »

...yeah, they do a good job of "telling" people that.  I guess they got you too. :D  Truth be told.....Yamaha, Sonor and Pearl have the drum making game on lock.  By the way, check your Avatar Pic'.  It doesn't show DW, now does it.  ;D

If someone offered me a DW I'd take it too...

and trade it in for something else ;D

...me too.  I want a Yamaha or Sonor kit badly.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 01:44:57 AM »
Theres kits are just way to over priced! I can buy like 3 highend kits from the other drums makers for the price of one DW...  :-\.... There kit sound normal to me....Nothin special... I can make a snare drum and buy DW lugs and tension rods for close to 300 dollars cheaper...
Richard

drummin4JC

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 01:02:49 PM »
...yeah, they do a good job of "telling" people that.  I guess they got you too. :D  Truth be told.....Yamaha, Sonor and Pearl have the drum making game on lock.  By the way, check your Avatar Pic'.  It doesn't show DW, now does it.  ;D

it was the dvd that got me!!!! i put the pearl there cuz im endorsed by pearl!!!!   ;D  :D  ;D  :D LOL I WISH!!!!

JFunky

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 10:32:37 PM »
it was the dvd that got me!!!! i put the pearl there cuz im endorsed by pearl!!!!   ;D  :D  ;D  :D LOL I WISH!!!!

...if you say so...lol

...hmm.  Why does that kit look sooo familiar? :-\  lol

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 11:27:58 PM »
SONOR
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 07:41:25 AM »
I think some peeps on here need to do their homework before talking. Also, subscribe to Modern Drummer, it might help you pay attention to whats going on so you can make educated statements when you get on here.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 07:48:29 AM »
R U talkin to me ER?..LOL...
Richard

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 03:20:52 PM »
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but has anyone heard the Tama Bubinga Birch kit yet?  We got one at the store about 2 weeks ago and I must say it is a very nice sounding drum.  It has a nice warm tone with a nice focused punch to it.  The drums gave me chills when I first played it, I haven't had many drums to do that.  The bass drum is 3 ply bubinga and 5 ply birch and the toms are 3 ply bubinga and 4 ply birch.  If you haven't checked it out you need to.  That is going to be my next kit!

Here is a little review of the kit

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Tama-Starclassic-Performer-Birch-Bubinga-4pc-Shell-Pack?full_sku=104282249

An aquaintance of mine just bought one a couple weeks ago. I will let by there and let you know how it sounds soon.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline 002

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 04:23:17 PM »
R U talkin to me ER?..LOL...

If you want it to be directed at you. Then sure. ;D
The NSA: Keeping LGM Safe

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »
Hey you aint ER... R U?... I know what Im talkin about buddy...lol... Hey dont be disrespectful to your father alright son?..lol ;D ;)
Richard

drummin4JC

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »
If you want it to be directed at you. Then sure. ;D

im surprised u aint VANISH;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up