LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TRANSPOSERS  (Read 1126 times)

Offline PROSTR8

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

TRANSPOSERS
« on: February 13, 2006, 01:06:28 PM »
If using TRANSPOSER buttons on KEYBOARDS and ORGANS are so frowned upon....why are they equipped with them?

:?

Offline tiltsings

• LGM Member

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:43:15 PM »
because man always wants to find the easy way out. The transpose button is not on a traditonla piano so you have no choice but to learn how to play in different keys. You would be so surprised at  how many musicans that we debate about only know how to play in one key. What would we say if singers could only sing in one key we would say they are tone deaf but yeah transpose keys should only be used on tour nowhere else

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 10:21:56 AM »
Quote from: tiltsings
because man always wants to find the easy way out. The transpose button is not on a traditonla piano so you have no choice but to learn how to play in different keys. You would be so surprised at  how many musicans that we debate about only know how to play in one key. What would we say if singers could only sing in one key we would say they are tone deaf but yeah transpose keys should only be used on tour nowhere else

Interesting!! Why do you feel that a tour is the only appropriate place to use the transpose button? I have notice in certain DVDs that the keyboard players are transposing. (And these guys are supposedly monsters)So what is it about being on a tour that makes it alright?
Im too tall to act small.

Offline favoritepsalm1

• LGM Member
  • Future Minstrels & Levites
    • http://anointed2do.wordpress.com

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 10:38:44 AM »
Well, I am a beginner and am trying to learn songs and have to turn around and teach and play them.  I learn the song in whatever key it's in, and I feel it's helping get a feel for all keys, but if it's a song that modulates then I do transpose for now just because I don't have the time I would like to practice a song in all keys.  At some point in time I will be there though.  Is that so bad?

Offline Jmanley1116

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 10:50:47 AM »
Transposers are the worst!!!  I don't allow anyone to play with me using the transpose button.  Even guys who are novice.  I clown them to the point that they go home and practice.  There are just some things you don't do.  I have no idea why those companies put those buttons there.  It enables musicians to become lazy.  

There are certain keys where I am not strong mainly A, B and E.  but, over the last year or so I have made a point to learn more about those keys.  So, now I can get over in those keys but I won't stop until I am as good in those keys as I am in every other one.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Transpose.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 11:08:42 AM »
Transposers are like school in the summer time, No Class. :D

Can you name that cartoon??
:)

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 11:11:34 AM »
...WELL I PLAY KEYS REALLY GOOD IN Ab!!!!

AND I CONSIDER MY TRANSPOSE BUTTON MY SECOND WIFE!!!!

I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO MASTER EVERY INSTRUMENT THAT I PLAY!

WHEN I PRODUCE A SONG NO ONE CARES IF I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY IN EVERY KEY!

SO I MASTERED Ab.....AND PEOPLE LOVE ME!

I CAN PLAY IN ANY KEY...BUT NOT GREAT!...

AND FOR THOSE THAT DONT LIKE IT....I HOPE SOME ONE SINGS IN E NEXT TIME YOU PLAY!

Nakia518

Re: Transpose.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 11:13:55 AM »
Quote from: 4hisglory
Transposers are like school in the summer time, No Class. :D

Can you name that cartoon??

Fat Albert

Nakia518

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 11:26:26 AM »
Quote from: uriahsmusic
...AND FOR THOSE THAT DONT LIKE IT....I HOPE SOME ONE SINGS IN E NEXT TIME YOU PLAY!

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 11:28:59 AM »
Don't usually need to transpose....but I had that "E" thing happen to me once....Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get through!
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline favoritepsalm1

• LGM Member
  • Future Minstrels & Levites
    • http://anointed2do.wordpress.com

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 11:38:09 AM »
Like I said earlier, I'm a beginner at best.  Three-part chords and a bass line is all I've got right now.  My question to you guys is what makes certain chords harder for you to play in?  Is it the fingering, or that you can't do all the progressions and "phat" chords as easily.  For example, what's so bad about E?

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Well........
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 12:04:36 PM »
Quote from: favoritepsalm1
 Is it the fingering, or that you can't do all the progressions and "phat" chords as easily.  For example, what's so bad about E?

Lack of practice.    If you practiced  songs in that key, it wouldn't feel funny to you.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 02:07:45 PM »
Quote from: uriahsmusic
...AND FOR THOSE THAT DONT LIKE IT....I HOPE SOME ONE SINGS IN E NEXT TIME YOU PLAY!

Thats messed up Man :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
But you are absolutely right. A lot of producers dont play in all of their keys but when they are composing a song they have to put their best foot forward if they want to stay in business. Transposing is not a bad thing. I use to frown upon transposers a lot, but they do what they have to do. Now shame on you if you have been playing for 8 to 10 years plus and you still only know C and Ab. :?  :!: You can reverse the purpose of the transpose button to help you better yourself. For instance lets take the key of E for example since that seems to be the most popular key that keyboard players like to rebuke and  plead the blood against. :lol: Thats one of the reasons I like Aaron Lindsey, He stays in E. But if a song is in the key of Eb then transpose to the key of D or E and learn it in one of those keys. Same thing with Ab and A, Bb and B. Its actually a lot of fun.  8)  A great keyboard player whose DVD some of you probably own or have seen him play on other sites said thats its keys like D,E,A,and B that separates the Boys from the Men.

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 02:20:37 PM »
Until I get a little more time to practice....If someone starts sangin' in E....then I'll be one of da boyz. :D

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 02:24:05 PM »
Quote from: saxandkeys
Until I get a little more time to practice....If someone starts sangin' in E....then I'll be one of da boyz. :D

Whatever you have to man, keep sheddin :o

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Trnasp
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 02:39:40 PM »
Transposers are like Athletes on Steriods......uummm.....uumm....man, can't think of any more good 'Fat Albert' Sayings. :)

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 02:45:43 PM »
Hey Hey Hey 4hisglory:

Transposers are like hardwood floors that have just been waxed...........

Man they are finished!

Offline bradleymoorer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bringing da bass in Jesus name!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/minbrad

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 05:04:55 PM »
Quote from: saxandkeys
Hey Hey Hey 4hisglory:

Transposers are like hardwood floors that have just been waxed...........

Man they are finished!

:? boo!,  :lol:
Bradley AKA Bass Monkey

CATRON

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 06:06:14 PM »
WELL Hi, My Name is Eric: (takes a deep breath) And I'm a Transposer.
(crowd: hi Eric)

I Have been playing the keys for about 2 years. I have been using the deadly drug of transposing for all of my 2 years. I have it bad for...................... THE BUTTON.  It just be calling me. I never like to sound bad. So I transposed on a organ.  (crowd gasps). The tone of the Organ sounded HORRIBLE; but my cords were PHAT though. Now when I play at different churchs we can only do 1 of 5 songs b/c THey are in the key of either F#/Eb,Ab/f, or C#/Bb.  But I am getting better day by day. I have been practicing my preaching chords in every key for about the past month. Please Pray with me As I go though this addiction.

Thank You for listen my follow A.A. inductees.

:lol:   :D

HOLLA

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

TRANSPOSERS
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 07:32:57 PM »
Quote from: CATRON
WELL Hi, My Name is Eric: (takes a deep breath) And I'm a Transposer.
(crowd: hi Eric)

I Have been playing the keys for about 2 years. I have been using the deadly drug of transposing for all of my 2 years. I have it bad for...................... THE BUTTON.  It just be calling me. I never like to sound bad. So I transposed on a organ.  (crowd gasps). The tone of the Organ sounded HORRIBLE; but my cords were PHAT though. Now when I play at different churchs we can only do 1 of 5 songs b/c THey are in the key of either F#/Eb,Ab/f, or C#/Bb.  But I am getting better day by day. I have been practicing my preaching chords in every key for about the past month. Please Pray with me As I go though this addiction.

Thank You for listen my follow A.A. inductees.

:lol:   :D

HOLLA

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Is there anyone else who'd like to confess?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up