LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound System for Keyboard  (Read 2675 times)

Offline MCNCPA

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Sound System for Keyboard
« on: February 06, 2005, 08:52:39 PM »
What are most people using as a sound system for the keyboards you are using

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Re: Sound System for Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 09:45:11 PM »
Quote from: MCNCPA

I use a Behringer KX1200
MERCY EN!!

yielded

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 10:42:53 PM »
Currently I'm using a Crate KX-50 (It suits my needs), but I am looking to upgrade within the next few months to an amp head, mixer (prefer mackie), and monitors (not certain about the other name brands).  Peavy has a nice PA unit, but even the higher end model's sound became distorted when I pushed it.

yielded

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member
  • Me after I rode my bike from Austin to Arkansas!

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 05:37:04 PM »
Behringer or Roland both make some great and inexpensive units.  I don't remember about the Behringer, but the Roland has an XLR out that so you can use it as a monitor as well as a single line out for pa input.
Thanks for letting me hang with you guys!

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

need some help pickingan amp
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 11:54:41 AM »
ok my amp blew and i'm about to go buy one today, currently our congregation is about 75-100 strong but we are expanding the building to push about double that so i want to buy for then and not for now, what should i get? i have a Korg Triton, the keyboard is not goign through the system yet because of the size so it would be used asthe main and not just a monitor, price kind of matters but not really, i saw some Rolands at sam ash, they range anywhere from about 300-600 i'm asuming it's just beacause of size but what is a good amp to get?
God doesn't want your gifts. He wants your life...

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Re: Sound System for Keyboard
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 09:38:28 PM »
Quote from: ddw4e
Quote from: MCNCPA

I use a Behringer KX1200

I have the same amp!!! I am pretty sure it will fill the church up. Just turn the max volume half way and control your volume from your board. Very loud amp!!!
Artistik Muzik

Offline 1stLady

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In All Things ~ Give Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 08:46:32 AM »
I use the Behringer KX1200 too!  Pretty good amp, It will put out for ya!  I use it with my Casio wk-3500 and Triton LE76.  The amp is big and heavy though.  Had to put wheels on it.  But I was told the other day that if an amp doesn't come with wheels that if it is taken up off the floor it will cause the sound to change.  Anybody know anything more about this? :?:  I might meed to take atleast the two back wheels off because I have been noticing a difference in my sound output but I didn't know what the cause was.
Be Blessed
Rev. Washington
Before All Else Fails, Try Jesus!!

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 09:43:31 AM »
Quote from: 1stLady
I use the Behringer KX1200 too!  Pretty good amp, It will put out for ya!  I use it with my Casio wk-3500 and Triton LE76.  The amp is big and heavy though.  Had to put wheels on it.  But I was told the other day that if an amp doesn't come with wheels that if it is taken up off the floor it will cause the sound to change.  Anybody know anything more about this? :?:  I might meed to take atleast the two back wheels off because I have been noticing a difference in my sound output but I didn't know what the cause was.
Be Blessed
Rev. Washington

Honestly I don't hear much of a difference...I got the amp about 2 years ago (on a friday...)...I went to guitar center, brought wheels tha next day for 20.00 :lol:  :lol: ...before it was on the floor, it sounded the same to me even when added the wheele to it...i think it depends on where the sound is goin...maybe the bass could make some difference since its above the floor, if on the floor it acts like a subwoofer so that bass sound changes...i am planning to add a subwoofer to it pretty soon  :D
MERCY EN!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 10:05:26 AM »
1stLady wrote:
I use the Behringer KX1200 too! Pretty good amp, It will put out for ya! I use it with my Casio wk-3500 and Triton LE76. The amp is big and heavy though. Had to put wheels on it. But I was told the other day that if an amp doesn't come with wheels that if it is taken up off the floor it will cause the sound to change. Anybody know anything more about this?  I might meed to take atleast the two back wheels off because I have been noticing a difference in my sound output but I didn't know what the cause was.
Be Blessed
Rev. Washington

Here's how it works:

The sound (bass) produced is directly proportional to the space it has to fill. The space directly in front of the speaker, unless it's a special cabinet, is what's used to calculate this. Knowing this, if your amp is too deep you can move it closer to the center of the room (horizontally and/or vertically) to get a less enveloping sound. To deepen your sound, you'd move it toward a wall, preferably in a corner. It is true that if you speaker is elevated, it will sound different, but 2 inches is hardly elevation.

Also, like ddw4e was saying, the material that your amp is sitting on can also affect the sound. If you're on concrete the sound would be more contained, making an echoy sound. If you're on carpet, it would be deadened. If you're on wood, it could cause more resonance making the case seem larger than it is.

Play with these things until you get the sound you like.

kadman92

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 10:19:23 AM »
the design of a cabinet and features is important because of the wavelength of the range of frequencies you want to develop.  the lower the frequency the longer the wavelength.  One of the reasons that Bose is da bomb is they really understand the science behind it.  The inside of their boxes and speakers look like rat races and spirals like a sea shell.  They make a small place seem much larger by giving the sound a path to follow.

Offline 1stLady

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In All Things ~ Give Thanks!

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 10:45:53 PM »
Thanks for the responses everyone, I will "play" around with these suggestions and see what works.  Maybe I need an amp stand to elevate a little more and tilt the amp back a little to help project the sound.
Be Blessed
Before All Else Fails, Try Jesus!!

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 09:17:49 AM »
ok so i bought a new amp the roland kc 350 and i'm playing and then like 2 hours later the amp blows so apparently it's the keyboard so now the question is, what do i buy? i liked my little korg triton workstation but i guess it;s time to move on i'll miss her too, she was my first love :(  , i'm going to get the amp replaced, but i need a some adivce on a good board, i usually use piano , piano strings and bass splits  and maybe an ocasioally synth but yeah what do you recomend, oh yeha and the church is in a building fund project so price is kind of an issue my pastor said he's gonna take it outta my check causei keep blowing the amp :lol:
God doesn't want your gifts. He wants your life...

CATRON

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 02:46:05 PM »
Quote from: Jniles_NCF
ok so i bought a new amp the roland kc 350 and i'm playing and then like 2 hours later the amp blows so apparently it's the keyboard so now the question is, what do i buy? i liked my little korg triton workstation but i guess it;s time to move on i'll miss her too, she was my first love :(  , i'm going to get the amp replaced, but i need a some adivce on a good board, i usually use piano , piano strings and bass splits  and maybe an ocasioally synth but yeah what do you recomend, oh yeha and the church is in a building fund project so price is kind of an issue my pastor said he's gonna take it outta my check causei keep blowing the amp :lol:

Man what chu can do is, if your church's sound system is good enough you can buy a smaller less powerful amp and take it though the system. This way your amp won't have to be as loud but you can still hear it.

HOLLA

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 03:25:55 PM »
I agree with catron...it's not always the board... maybe it was the way u handled the amp or how it was shipped or something in that nature..
MERCY EN!!

Offline salshammond

• LGM Member

fender
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2005, 04:03:12 PM »
i use a fender sfx 200 amp yes made for keyboards it has built in effects and is has 2 stero inputs 1 mono some of the effects built in are hall delay chorus, you name it almost has the thing i like about it the most is that it allows my to pull my sound out to the mixer at church in stero......

keybroad =>fender=>2 dirct boxes=> mixer w/gold tip stero planetwaves

leslie for B3 mic with audix D2 @top Audix D3 @bottom w/planetwaves mic cable
http://www.harmony-central.com/Events/SNAMM98/Fender/SFX-Amplifier-Technology.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up