LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R.I.P.?!  (Read 668 times)

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

R.I.P.?!
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:07:36 PM »
Is it just me, or am I seeing an awful lot of RIP statuses more than usual lately? I'm seeing them LITERALLY back to back to back. And it's not like it's older people who are dying it's the YOUNG people.  :-\

I just recently found out (through FB), that a guy I went to HS with died. Supposedly he killed himself.  A guy from my church just buried his younger cousin. This chick that lived not far from my gma just died it just goes on and on......like.....geez, guys.  :-\ Scary.

What's really going on?!
~Moving Forward~

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: R.I.P.?!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:33:14 AM »
I rarely look at my newsfeed so no one is dying in my world. :)
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 06:18:44 AM »
I rarely look at my newsfeed so no one is dying in my world. :)
like. lol

Ive always noticed an uptick as we get closer to the holidays about to pass into the new year

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:07:39 AM »
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »
Alright....  :-\
~Moving Forward~

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 06:44:47 PM »
it is a sign you are getting older that you are able to perceive trends such as this
eventually you .... err we (cause i am in the same boat) will also be able to perceive dumb decisions we made yesterday that we thought were smart decisions

soon you will be saying you are 26 years old ... for multpile years

smalls85s

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
Whatever happened to reading the obituaries to find out who died?  Now, you get instant notification, tweets, texts, and updates.  That is why it seems to be increasing. For example, I probably wouldn't have found out for months or years later if someone I went to high school with died. And even then I'd only find out in a passing conversation. Those days are long gone

Offline Docdb04

• LGM Member
  • I Stand At the Door and Knock

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:40 AM »
Last week, a classmates brother (he graduated a year before) passed away.  The word is he was on vacation and got bit by a mosquito.  He contracted a rare virus, which attacked his liver.  Yesterday, a classmate passed away suddenly.  I am not sure what happened.

Yes it can be a bit scary. 

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »
maybe this is another example of why adam and eve shouldn't have eaten the fruit.

More knowledge does not always equal enjoyment (many times it does but not in cases like the above)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »
Welp.... guess I shouldn't have logged on... :'(
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »
I literally see this at least 5 times a day...... crazy!
~Moving Forward~

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 08:02:39 PM »
I literally see this at least 5 times a day...... crazy!

not directed at you ... in fact don't read the following for a few years ... err decades

It tapers off after awhile

See the normal distribution chart below. When you are in your twenties/thirties you are on the left side of the hill ... climbing up. The hill represents the number of people you know who passed away. while the x-axis represents how long you have been a live. ignore the numbers i found this using a bing search (take that google) 

Now there are some anamolies like wars, being young during the late eighties early 90's that can skew the distribution. Now in theory the hill should peak around 70/80 however by this time you forgot most of the people so it feels like the hill happened already.

btw i made this all up but that is how statistics work in politics find someone who can speak mathese and have them write your math parts of your speech to agree with your points
Pages: [1]   Go Up