LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Striving!  (Read 1208 times)

Offline All88keyz

• LGM Member

Striving!
« on: November 29, 2007, 07:54:41 AM »
Keep me in your prayers you guys. I'm one of those boardist thats been playing SERIOUSLY for about a year and a half now I'm making that transition from transposing into playing in every key, I just recently made up in my mind that i wanna perfect my craft. After all, God did give it to me, the least I could do is try my hardest to show my appreciation and do my best at it. So I won't hesitate to ask for help. I hope that you guys won't hesitate to help me either! Well gotta go practice now! Be blessed! Thanks alot!!! ;D
Striving to play in  every key

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Re: Striving!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 08:06:03 AM »
You definitely in my prayers man.  I know exactly how you feel.  Just remember to keep practicing, ask questions when you don't know something, and write everything down.  Pen & paper or computer typing is your best friend when trying to learn every key.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:09:02 AM »
Keep me in your prayers you guys. I'm one of those boardist thats been playing SERIOUSLY for about a year and a half now I'm making that transition from transposing into playing in every key, I just recently made up in my mind that i wanna perfect my craft. After all, God did give it to me, the least I could do is try my hardest to show my appreciation and do my best at it. So I won't hesitate to ask for help. I hope that you guys won't hesitate to help me either! Well gotta go practice now! Be blessed! Thanks alot!!! ;D
Prayer changes things.  I know how you feel too.  I was an experienced keyboardist but learning gospel for the first time and it was rough.  The thing that helped me was just learning a lot of songs and after a while, I got a good feel for how various chords sound in each key and what "role" those chords play in each song.  Learning chords helped me to grasp scales.

Ask and you shall receive.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline minofmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The annointing makes the difference!
    • Hill Top Productions, Inc.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:16:04 AM »
keep practicing and you will get it, keep praying stay on your knees as much as you stay on the keyboard
May The Work I've Done Speak for Me.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 08:19:42 AM »
Keep on keeping on. :)
:)

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 02:59:45 AM »
You definitely in my prayers man.  I know exactly how you feel.  Just remember to keep practicing, ask questions when you don't know something, and write everything down.  Pen & paper or computer typing is your best friend when trying to learn every key.
That'll preach right there. This is exactly what I have practiced doing and I must say that it is very effective. Keep on keeping on like 4hhisglory said, you'll get it! ;)
Strike while the iron is hot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up