LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help a Sista Out --- With Left Hand Chords and foot pedals  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Pretty_Brit

• LGM Member

Help a Sista Out --- With Left Hand Chords and foot pedals
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »
Help a Sista Out --- With Left Hand Chords
 I sound so bland. I have right hand chords... i guess I do. I need that spice ya know that make ya wanna slap yo momma phat chords. Is there some exercises or some practice songs that anybody knows of to help me out. Also how in the world do you use your foot pedal and actually make it all sound good.
the will of God will never take you where His grace won't protect you

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

Re: Help a Sista Out --- With Left Hand Chords and foot pedals
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 11:16:01 PM »
Help a Sista Out --- With Left Hand Chords
 I sound so bland. I have right hand chords... i guess I do. I need that spice ya know that make ya wanna slap yo momma phat chords. Is there some exercises or some practice songs that anybody knows of to help me out. Also how in the world do you use your foot pedal and actually make it all sound good.

Click Here!

http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,44434.msg388271.html#msg388271
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline sensai

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 05:50:35 PM »
Hi, I would suggest you get a copy of my book "Modern Chord Changes to Favorite Hymns" available on Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble.com.  In it you will find some very intriguing left hand voicings as well as corresponding foot pedal notes for the bass pedal.  The book is published by Outskirts Press of Denver, Colorado and has been featured at the Gospel Music Workshop of America.  You need not be able to read music notation for everything is spelled out for you.  A first of its kind book.  Enjoy and Be Blessed.  Let me know what you think e-mail me at Jayrone@peoplepc.com.

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Players Govern Players Spectators Form Opinions

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 10:29:35 PM »
check out my post on borrowing a concept from jazz to make your left hand work like a saxophone line
To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline southernkeyz1

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »
B/ LH/ RH

Bb/AbCC#F/AbBbCEb
Eb/GCC#F/GBbCEb
G/FB/FBbBEb
Ab/F#BbCF/F#BbCF
A/GCF/GCF
Bb/AbCC#F/AbBbCEbF
C/EAbBb/EbAbEb
F/EbA/EbAbC#
Bb/DAb/DAbC#
Eb/GBbC#/GBbCEb
E/DAb/C#F#Bb
Eb/C#G/CFBb

a few simple chords

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 12:52:40 PM »
Two things that will help people who have not learned to use you LH well. One you can use larger chords in you RH or you can use smaller chords you just have to play them more often. Also play with your drawbar settings that makes a big difference. Try not to play with all the drawbars pull out all the time.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up