LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Depressing Christians  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

Re: Depressing Christians
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »
That's an excellent question Nessa. I think that God can help us discern whether a not a person is really in need of help. For the record Jon the bible teaches that all types of emotions flows out of the human heart. Thankfully as mature Christians we are able to speak life into situations that are lifeless. People who are devoid of understanding can be easily depressed. Fred Hammond(one of my heroes) battled depression. On the outside looking in I couldn't understand how a man who penned the songs that he wrote could ever be depressed.

It can happen to the best of us.
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »
That's an excellent question Nessa. I think that God can help us discern whether a not a person is really in need of help. For the record Jon the bible teaches that all types of emotions flows out of the human heart. Thankfully as mature Christians we are able to speak life into situations that are lifeless. People who are devoid of understanding can be easily depressed. Fred Hammond(one of my heroes) battled depression. On the outside looking in I couldn't understand how a man who penned the songs that he wrote could ever be depressed.

It can happen to the best of us.

What a pretty answer, but you didn't retract your incorrect statement. Yes, it can get folks, but NOT everybody as you erroneously stated earlier.  :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

HammerRock

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »
What a pretty answer, but you didn't retract your incorrect statement. Yes, it can get folks, but NOT everybody as you erroneously stated earlier.  :-\

hmmm... methinks you've been having a bad day Jon. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 08:51:18 PM »
hmmm... methinks you've been having a bad day Jon. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Worst. Joke. Ever.  ::)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »
Depressing Christians can be the WORST!

There are some people I don't even ask how they are doing unless I have an hour to hear their story of the new drama in their life. :-\
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

uniquepraise

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
These people have either forgotten their experience with Christ or have not had a REAL experience with Christ.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up