LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: Are Black Church folk tougher audiences?  (Read 1344 times)

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

Re: Question: Are Black Church folk tougher audiences?
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 06:06:11 PM »
okay this is kinda wrong but funny at the same time

white people are entertained by the dumbest stuff.... they laugh and go along with just about anything... i should say gullible....

**cough cough**

ie. the difference between BET Comic View and Comedy Central

*laughing*

i think black people in general are over all hard to entertain...some stuff just is not funny, some stuff is just straight stupid, and some stuff we just ant feeling... im not in the buisness of going with the flo...

may sound kinda racist but its more on the funny side lol!!! ;) ;D ;D

but thats just me

Wow, I don't agree at all.  I think black folks generally laugh more and laugh hardier than white folks.   Many times, we just need to laugh and the comedy doesn’t need to be that funny to set us off.

Black folks can be really silly too.  Browse through the threads on this site.  I have found no white-based music site on the Internet that is as silly as it is many times in here.  Some other silly black comedy includes In Living Color and Tyler Perry’s Madea.  These are legendary acts that are silly and also at the core of black comedy.

There’s enough silly to go around for everybody!

Offline silky

• LGM Member
  • at the Cross.......

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 07:07:36 PM »
Wow, I don't agree at all.  I think black folks generally laugh more and laugh hardier than white folks.   Many times, we just need to laugh and the comedy doesn’t need to be that funny to set us off.

Black folks can be really silly too.  Browse through the threads on this site.  I have found no white-based music site on the Internet that is as silly as it is many times in here.  Some other silly black comedy includes In Living Color and Tyler Perry’s Madea.  These are legendary acts that are silly and also at the core of black comedy.

playhear, i agree
WHEN YOU CAN'T, GOD CAN

Offline soldieranointed

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 07:43:31 PM »
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

You are so funny  ::)

I think that Postr8 summed it up for most of us, but I do think that at times it depends on the individual...for instance, if I go into a church and I'm searching, then if the music isn't right that motivates me more because I love sculpting or being used to sculp by the Hands of the Lord, however, I know that most aren't like that! 

As far as the comedy issue, I dunno...I think that playhear as a point, and so does allonesound...at the end of the day, its all about culture.  A Caucasian may find Madea very boring because their culture is based on different things...however, most of us laugh at Madea because of the culture we come from. How we understand Madea's comedy may be totally different from a Caucasion or other nationality
Much Luv!  Sista Starra

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 10:37:24 PM »

well i can sympathise a bit with you... i guess in my experience ive grown up around a bunch of white people and their stuff to me was not funny and all the black people you had to pull an arm and a leg... but on the other hand when blacks are having fun whites think we bout to hurt somebody or whatever so i do see what you are saying

lol

look at my posts... most people think i need to be in a padded room esp with the picts ect!!!
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 10:59:52 PM »
Look at the Apollo....nothing further needs to be said after that....
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 09:50:55 AM »
compare American Bandstand with Soul Train. LOL....maybe we have a different sense of humor.  One time Oprah said before Whites in her audience laugh at something, they will wait to see if she (or another black person laughs)...then they know it's okay to laugh....LOL.  I think musically, taste is different.  Like Allonesound, I am around whites in the same area/state.  I attend a small all-white church.  We sing the same songs as the black church I attended growing up...but they sound sooo different.  I miss the gospel sound...ya know...and singing the same song or pharse for 10 or 15 min...lol.. Here...they sing and when it's over..it's over.  I mean..they don't usually repeat the choruses over and over and over..etc...LOL.  I think we may be harder to please....especially if you've been around good music/musicians...it can be hard to listen to anything less.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up