LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NHTSA Testing V2V Communication Systems, Considering Requiring Technology on New  (Read 373 times)

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration wants to ramp up the development and deployment of vehicle-to-vehicle communication systems, and the federal agency is actively considering requiring the technology to be fitted to vehicles within the next several years.

Speaking at the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) conference in Detroit, NHTSA Administrator David Strickland revealed that the Transportation Department is testing some 2,800 vehicles equipped with V2V technology in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in an effort to reduce crashes and advance the proliferation of the systems.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/04/nhtsa-testing-v2v-communication-systems-considering-requiring-technology-on-new-cars/

:-\

i have mixed feelings... I know it can be great but i can easily imagine a number of scenarios about it not being great. After all hackers proved that they can use a cars TMPS system to hack into the system.... just imagine when someone starts to send false signals from their car to yours ....  :-\ i guess one advantage is that they are still testing and I am sure they will take things like this into account ... at least i hope in the mean time i think i will wait a decade or so hopefully after they come out
Pages: [1]   Go Up