LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would be the best way to start out with the keyboard  (Read 998 times)

Offline Hammondgyrl

• LGM Member
  • Blessed everyday...

What would be the best way to start out with the keyboard
« on: January 23, 2005, 10:10:08 PM »
well, i know the basic keys on the piano but i just can't put chords together to go with the songs and i can't really hear music but i can learn by watching. :o
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added..."

Offline DrummerBoyGil

• LGM Member

What would be the best way to start out with the keyboard
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 03:13:17 PM »
well, i know the basic keys on the piano but i just can't put chords together to go with the songs and i can't really hear music but i can learn by watching.

Wow, thats a nice talent. Wish I could do that =(

When you say you know the basic keys, do you mean that you can play in the basic keys, such as C and F and such? Or that you know where notes are, as in If I said point to Db you would be able to?

And as far as putting chords together for a song, you could the basic 2-5-1 ( think thats how it is written in the number format) to do that. I have an explanation of this somewhere in the piano forum, but you don know any chords yet :(

You could start out with your major and minor chords, (Which are posted in the E-book) and learn those 2 types of chords for every key. Thats what I'm working on right now. Then after that, I guess you can TRY and learn how to play basic progressions for a song. I'm working on that as well, too. After that, I could see how I could help you. Just let me know when your done. It's not gonna be an overnight thing, though :D

Offline Hammondgyrl

• LGM Member
  • Blessed everyday...

How would you start learning
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 08:16:55 AM »
Yeah, i know the basic keys and i know what you mean't when you said point to Db. I can do that so i will try what you said.
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up