LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TRUTH TOLD BY GARY CHESTER!!!!!!!  (Read 1306 times)

Offline MENDOZA

• LGM Member
  • Some of the best playing that I've ever heard!
    • www.myspace.com/juancarlosmendoza

THE TRUTH TOLD BY GARY CHESTER!!!!!!!
« on: April 26, 2008, 03:06:29 PM »

Start Listening up!!!  If you don't know who Gary Chester is, let's just say he has molded cats like Dave Weckl, Kenny Arnoff, Danny Gottleib, etc.  This is probably the shortest and best interview I have ever seen.  Straight to the point.  Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

Re: THE TRUTH TOLD BY GARY CHESTER!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
Chuuuch!
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »
*Faints*

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 09:08:02 PM »
Truth!!!
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:18:02 AM »
That's some good preachin' right there! May the Lord watch.......
Love God. Live Long.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 01:32:41 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lr7rAv0WqS0

Start Listening up!!!  If you don't know who Gary Chester is, let's just say he has molded cats like Dave Weckl, Kenny Arnoff, Danny Gottleib, etc.  This is probably the shortest and best interview I have ever seen.  Straight to the point.  Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

As Mendoza said Gary has molded several of the greats. his books New Breed I & II are "change makers."

I have finally decided to stop running from New Breed I & II. LOL, You guys PRAY FOR A BRUTHA,  ;) :D If my crew on LGM disappears you guys know what happened. We got trapped in the woodshed.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 03:02:59 PM »
If you guys haven't checked out Gar's site you need to!! www.gary-chester.com They have a lot of information and even a video that you can download about his philosophies. Heres a quote that really stuck out to me and I'm sure Sabe would love this one...

"You can go out and play a gig, and everyone can say, 'Wow, what a great drummer,' but that doesn't really count. What really counts is that you play good and you know you play good. And you know what went on in the band, when someone was dragging, when someone was out of tune. Your ears are alert. You hear what your left foot is doing, what your right foot is doing, your eyes are relating to the music, and you're doing everything the way you want to do it."
-Gary Chester

This stuff is priceless!!
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »
Geez! Beating around the bush? I don't think so. He torched the friggin' thing.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline MENDOZA

• LGM Member
  • Some of the best playing that I've ever heard!
    • www.myspace.com/juancarlosmendoza

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »
As Mendoza said Gary has molded several of the greats. his books New Breed I & II are "change makers."

I have finally decided to stop running from New Breed I & II. LOL, You guys PRAY FOR A BRUTHA,  ;) :D If my crew on LGM disappears you guys know what happened. We got trapped in the woodshed.

YO SABE!!!!!!!!  Man, I'm with you on this.  I'm actually working on New Breed I again and really breaking myself down.  Check your PM'S I sent you something special man!!!!!!  Take care and God Bless.  Also LGM fam, pray for a brother cause New Breed has me in the woodshed hard and haven't really had time to post too much, especially video and clip wise.  One will be out really soon I promise LOL!! 

Carlito

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 07:28:01 PM »
If you guys haven't checked out Gar's site you need to!! www.gary-chester.com They have a lot of information and even a video that you can download about his philosophies. Heres a quote that really stuck out to me and I'm sure Sabe would love this one...

"You can go out and play a gig, and everyone can say, 'Wow, what a great drummer,' but that doesn't really count. What really counts is that you play good and you know you play good. And you know what went on in the band, when someone was dragging, when someone was out of tune. Your ears are alert. You hear what your left foot is doing, what your right foot is doing, your eyes are relating to the music, and you're doing everything the way you want to do it."
-Gary Chester

This stuff is priceless!!

You know I am feeling that quote! You gotta know.....!
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »
YO SABE!!!!!!!!  Man, I'm with you on this.  I'm actually working on New Breed I again and really breaking myself down.  Check your PM'S I sent you something special man!!!!!!  Take care and God Bless.  Also LGM fam, pray for a brother cause New Breed has me in the woodshed hard and haven't really had time to post too much, especially video and clip wise.  One will be out really soon I promise LOL!! 

Carlito

And SPECIAL it is!!! Thanks bruh!

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 07:48:35 PM »
Geez! Beating around the bush? I don't think so. He torched the friggin' thing.

...my feelings exactly.  The clip was 1 min. too.  Straight to the point.  No games and no blah blah blah. 

...I mean....c'mon....the guy wrote 2 of the books that rocked the drum world and sent dudes into the closet. lol

...great "wake-up call" clip Doza!
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 08:59:07 PM »
thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up