LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many BPM do you move up?  (Read 643 times)

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

How many BPM do you move up?
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
  I just wanted to know how many BPM do you move up at a time when ur practicing something? When i get a smooth feel on something i move up 1 bpm, sometimes i get frustrated because it takes way too long to master something and my patience runs thin. This year ive been rebuilding my single strokes and doubles with my hands, for singles im at 158bpm and doubles im at 97bpm. Is this the wrong way? Plus i looked at b_jizzles thread and he says he can do doubles with foot consistantly at 140bpm(in a kind of short amount of time?) and i was like  ?/? :-\ :-[  :'(

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

Re: How many BPM do you move up?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »
Sabe is my pm sinsai (sp). I always pm him with questions such as this one. As a matter of fact, I asked him this very question some months back. I might as well share his advice with everyone.

Here's his response:

"Whenever you can lock and maintain for 20-50 times through (or 5-30 mins a la Jeff Queen) (Stick Control recommends 20, Master Studies recommends 50).

Jeff Queens moves up in 2 click inntervals if you check out his extras section on the DVD, Playing With sticks. That's how he got his chops!

I personally tend to dofoundation of  it in 10 BPM and drop back to 5 BPM increments if I am having trouble. I however am hard headed and like to jump ahead before I am really ready. So 5 BPM is very sufficient.
3, 5, 7, 10 steps would give you a really solid odd numbered tempos... kind of in-between-feeling tempos. It would also give you the ability to make adjustments in live settings without disrupting the groove. This is more a Eddie Bayer, Paul Leim kind of approach
."
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »
Wooo :D I feel relieved. Thanks man, and Sabe. Im gonna try the 3bpm steps first and might move to five.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 06:44:56 PM »
Thanks for the love folks. I am am glad to be of service and pass on some words of knowledge
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up