LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: intimidating musicians  (Read 5711 times)

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

Re: intimidating musicians
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2008, 06:59:14 PM »
Welcome To LGM,  buddy3
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline trinatrine

• LGM Member
  • Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ....
    • The Trina Trine Music Site

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 07:11:15 PM »
ok i must admit im a newbee just starting to get a little better with time...learning the jamal hartwell DVD is a new experience for me but i'll get there someday..

tonight i had a gig with my band.and this other keyboard guy came around.wanted to play a few songs with the band. as soon as he got on boards.he STARTED TEARING songs up i mean doing alot of stuff, and the band souned soo good man. i felt so intimidated and a bit sad..cuz i got thefeelin that me just startinf the hole band thing and being the only keyboardist for that matter makes me limit how the band cud sound..yall ever felt dat way b4? and how did yall grew pass it?is it that all those tings he was doin comes with experience? or am i jus overstressing myself on how limited i feel right now.. HOLA back

GOD BLESS
Hi sweetie.  Let me first encourage you to continue to do God's work and you will be rewarded for it.  I know how it feels to be the newbie on the block.  I've been playing for over 30 years now....yeah that long hee hee but through it all, I have heard a lot, seen a lot and taken a lot.  The one thing I remembered is that if I kept believing in the Lord and in myself that He would bring me through, I knew I was going to be alright.  I push you to play, pray and practice.  YOU ARE UNIQUE!  Trina Trine loves you but God loves you best and He sees your effort! ;D
No matter what people say about you, know that God has a perfected plan for you!  Remain faithful!

Offline buddy3

• LGM Member

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
ok i must admit im a newbee just starting to get a little better with time...learning the jamal hartwell DVD is a new experience for me but i'll get there someday..

tonight i had a gig with my band.and this other keyboard guy came around.wanted to play a few songs with the band. as soon as he got on boards.he STARTED TEARING songs up i mean doing alot of stuff, and the band souned soo good man. i felt so intimidated and a bit sad..cuz i got thefeelin that me just startinf the hole band thing and being the only keyboardist for that matter makes me limit how the band cud sound..yall ever felt dat way b4? and how did yall grew pass it?is it that all those tings he was doin comes with experience? or am i jus overstressing myself on how limited i feel right now.. HOLA back

GOD BLESS

ok i started playing the organ, and didnt know 2 much about it.  i played for a church temporarily n july and august last year.....that needed an organist and were goin thru church changes [no pastor] well a young preacher came and brought an organist/drummer to play and asked if i could go play the piano......i got up and played it but didnt want 2  and when this cat got up on that organ MANN! :o he was so smooth and jazzy but i wasnt intimidated....now he's teaching me the organ and just helping me with anything i need help with! Whenever i get around good seasoned musicians, i dont get intimidated; i get my camera and take notes! and 1 day with their help and god's help, ill be where HE wants me 2 be!  ;D

Welcome To LGM,  buddy3
thanks!
All u gotta do is believe

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2008, 11:06:19 AM »
That's a good, encouraging testimony Buddy..

Thanks for sharing :)
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline vocalist182002

• LGM Member
  • "Don't complain about what you tolerate"
    • GOSPEL GURL

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »
Hmm, well, I play keys also, and I've been where you are now.  I am a female, and not only am I a female,  I play amongst very talented musicians.  So this came up plenty of times.  When I first started out, I always felt like I wasn't supposed to be there playing with them.  I didn't rank myself as being close to good as them at all.  Well, with time, I just learned to accept the fact that as many times as I made mistakes, they did too.  And of the many songs they knew that I didn't, I knew some too.  In saying this, there are many great musicians, and you're going to come face to face with a lot of them.  But remember this, there's always something that you're going to be able to teach and learn from each other. No matter what level or how much expirience each of you have.  Be humble, stay focused and concentrate on where YOU'RE trying to go. ;)
A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

-- Charles Gordy

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »
Most ppl are intimidating because of their attitude.

I'm yet to come across some1 who I can truly say is intimidating.
Most musicians around here seem to be humble 8)
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up