LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hammond E Model ????  (Read 6031 times)

Offline cwgolden99

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Hammond E Model ????
« on: September 19, 2007, 01:19:13 PM »
hey i found a free hammond E-100.  Is it worth my time for me to go get.  Does anyone know anything about it. 

Offline reg1985

• LGM Member

Re: Hammond E Model ????
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 01:49:23 PM »
i bought two for 100 for both its good to keep home and practice with i wouldnt take it to church though
love is good for the soul

Offline cwgolden99

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 01:52:34 PM »
Does it have a built in leslie in it.  If so I will just get it and use it for parts.

Offline jlc4703

• LGM Member
  • PC3X & PC3 in studio
    • Promised LAN Computing, Inc.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »
If it works, it is well worth the (free) price. The E-100 is later than the B3 or C3, has a built-in amplifier and speakers in the cabinet (not a Leslie - if I remember right, a Leslie kit can be obtained to connect a Leslie.)

The E100 is a full size console with two 61-key manuals and a 25 note pedalboard. It does not have the reverse color lowest octave of keys like a B3 that select presets, the presets are selected by tabs above the manuals. There is a single set of drawbars for each manual.

The E100 motor is self-starting (does not need a "start" switch and a "run" switch. They were produced between 1965 and 1969, primarily for home use. I used to fix a bunch of them also in churches, sounded good through a two-channel Leslie. (they have a reverb circuit in the E100 that needs to be separately amplified from the main channel).

HTH,
Jim
Jim Cason
Faith is the substance of things not seen

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 10:00:17 PM »
the e isnt as good as a b3 but nowhere as bad as a spinet ( l100 m100 m3) it does have the 25 and 9 drawbars for each manual ( the spinets only have 7 drawbars for the lower manual and 12 or 13 pedels) the e will has the same "diving board keys" as the spinets   which dont feel as nice as a b3's
I'm pretty sure that the layout of the vibrato and percussion controls are different than a B3.
The most i would pay is $350. so since it free it is probaly worth picking up. i think that is an e100  or something simular in the yt clip below

http://www.hammond-organ.com/sales/images/DiningRoomHammondZ.JPG

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 06:41:23 AM »
read something about this in a hammond book,had what was suppose to replace the leslie.seems it had a rep as having a LOT of recalls/upgrades.the clip sounds like it's thru a leslie,sounds pretty good.make sure you oil thr tonewheel generatop think it's in an obscure place.maybe tonewheel hospital or other tech site has some info.FREE is GOOD-make a noise untu the LORD be blessed

Offline GroovinB3

• LGM Member
    • Groovin's Page

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 07:29:04 PM »
i've had two e133's and loved them!
Sorry if the band seems too loud tonight.  Now go tear Psalms 150 from your bible and sit down. ;-)

Offline GroovinB3

• LGM Member
    • Groovin's Page

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »
here are a couple of pics of my last one.  i still have it but the power converter something-or-other fried out on it and the part is $269 and i only paid $250 for it in working condition over a year ago.  i dunno what i'm gonna do with it. :(

Hammond E133

it even plugs into a leslie with a 5-pin cable

instead of the presets being the opposite black and white keys on the left they are the switches on the top with one set of drawbars for each keyboard and bass

just another pic
Sorry if the band seems too loud tonight.  Now go tear Psalms 150 from your bible and sit down. ;-)

Offline organplaya04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • **OP04**
    • Facebook

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 09:26:40 AM »
Where could I buy one of these organs from ?
Psalms 133:1 " Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell(play)together in unity!!

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 07:06:27 AM »
hey groovin;couple contacts might help you out;tony-btproductions.com,billbrown -bb organs.com,john-hammond store, rick-tonewheel hospital; see tony monaco's site-b3  his teck lonnie smith is near you in indiana  hope it blesses you

Offline GroovinB3

• LGM Member
    • Groovin's Page

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 07:57:18 PM »
hey groovin;couple contacts might help you out;tony-btproductions.com,billbrown -bb organs.com,john-hammond store, rick-tonewheel hospital; see tony monaco's site-b3  his teck lonnie smith is near you in indiana  hope it blesses you

thanks a ton!  i'll definately check it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up