LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organ players in Iraq  (Read 783 times)

Offline SWINDOG

• LGM Member

Organ players in Iraq
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
Any organ/piano players in Iraq out here with me (Taji).  How do you practice and keep up with the new music.  It is hard for me when I sometimes work 12-14 hours days.  Ive been playing seriously now for about 7 years, but I have been over here 2 times in the last 3 years.  So when I get back to TX it is like I am playing catch up, with other musicians!  Anybody with some good practice tips, give me a holla.  God Bless and keep me in your prayers. 
Swindog
MR. Hammond Organ

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Organ players in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 05:47:23 AM »
I was at Camp Victory Iraq a few months ago.  A lot of times the chapel has a keyboard....On one other deployment I brought my own.  How long are you going to be over there?  How long have you been there already?  If you stil have a while to go and don't have access to the chapel keyboard, I think you should order a cheapie from Musician's Friends..they ship to APO addresses.  With your work schedule I know it's hard, but maybe you could dedicate an hour after your shift.  Oh....stay safe!!!

Offline SWINDOG

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 04:01:19 PM »
I have been over here for 13 months already and 2 more to go since we got the 3 month extension.  I should be home sometime in Oct, hopefully if we dont get another extension.  I have my little keyboard over here, and do a little practice.  But I have learned that you practice better in the morning or when you arent tired.  I find myself sometimes getting sloppy on posture and movement. Thanks 
Swindog
MR. Hammond Organ

Offline musician2005

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 06:35:02 PM »
I've never been in that situation before, but I was locked up, and the only way that I still practice was I drew a scale and label the keys on the paper, and being able to play in every key helped me to write out chords and runs, in different keys, even when I was tired and frustrated because I didn't want to be there, I would study and practice mentally, then when I returned home, God had bless me to be on a level that noone could understand becuase it was like I was the only one there, this allowed me to bring our music ministry to up. Now no more struggling in the music dept. Thats what God did for me, maybe my testimony can help you understand. He took me from my comfort zone, to bring me down, build me up where I wa suppose to be, vbonham2@yahoo.com, stay in touch brother, be bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up