LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GospelKeys DVD set  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

GospelKeys DVD set
« on: November 14, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to check out these DVDs by Jermaine Griggs. I have seen a few clips online and they seem to be pretty good. I wanted to get the GospelKeys 202 DVDs, i just cannot afford a teacher right now.

Does anyone have these DVDs? Does he teach well and are they any good? I know this is a Jamal Hartwell site :D

Thanks, God bless.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: GospelKeys DVD set
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to check out these DVDs by Jermaine Griggs. I have seen a few clips online and they seem to be pretty good. I wanted to get the GospelKeys 202 DVDs, i just cannot afford a teacher right now.

Does anyone have these DVDs? Does he teach well and are they any good? I know this is a Jamal Hartwell site :D

Thanks, God bless.

Is the GK 202 the worship DVD? If so, it's pretty good. I learned a lot from it (in terms of theory). My problem is getting my hands to do what my brain is thinking.  :D :-\ :D :-[ :D

I bought it when it first came out (meaning there were NO chapter lists) so hopefully, he's changed that.  ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 06:40:49 PM »
I have GK 202 and Urban Key Pro 600, I found both to very good.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 07:02:38 PM »
I have GK 202 and Urban Key Pro 600, I found both to very good.

how long have you been playing, Mr. Andrew?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 07:45:18 PM »
I'm into a serious year now. I started composing songs first, because I could hear what I wanted as far as how I wanted the songs to be. Mainly then I had a smooth jazz influence and would incooperate different genre's into my compositions.

Now I want to be more serious and get my fingers working better. I've always loved gospel music and now I getting the tools to help.

Offline georgiagurl

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:35:17 PM »
I got GK350 and GK500. Jermaine is a good teacher. I just need to do like you SJ and make my fingers do what my mind say do. :-[
Jesus is Lord!

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 08:49:04 AM »
Thanks a lot, i guess my hesitation has always been that will i actually be able to do what he shows. I think i'll get it. One of my mentors always told me that what i put into something is exactly what i will get out.

BTW he now has chapter listings on the DVD.

Offline tammyid

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 2-21-09 Kirk Franklin & I after VA Tech concert
    • Play The Piano By Ear

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 12:09:38 PM »
I know this is a Jamal Hartwell site :D

???  This is one of his sites too????  I know his site is Gospel Keyboard and Jamal does sell Jermaine's products on his site too.

Yes, I do have Gospel Keys 202, as well as all of the DVDs by Hear And Play, as well as their audio chords series, and his 300 pg piano course, The Secrets To Playing The Piano By Ear.  I've been a customer of theirs for almost 3 yrs.  I've had his book for over 2 1/2 yrs and most of the DVDs (Gospel Keys 100-500) for way over a yr now.  I can tell you from my personal experience, I've learned more from his site and products in the last 2 1/2 yrs, than I have the rest of my life learning on my own, plus 5 yrs of MS & HS choir, and a 1 yr older beginner HS piano class.

Jermaine is an excellent teacher.  You'll love Gospel Keys 202.  He starts out giving you several chords for each tone of the scale and he later puts them together in songs.  He also teaches groups of 2 chord progressions, called "couples", that you can put together w/ other chord progressions and form songs.  He also teaches the "3-4" principle, which you can predict what chord comes next, depending on whether you're going up or down.

I love this DVD as well as the rest of them, which I'm still working on most of them.  If you're a complete beginner, I recommend that you start out w/ the Gospel Keys 101 DVD, it's the best thing to start out w/ as far as his DVDs.  He starts out teaching the basics ie notes, major scales, and basic chords.  Then he teaches a Harmonization Scale, how you take melodies and harmonize them w/ chords and bass notes, forming full songs.

The thing that has helped me more than anything is his book, I don't know if you've looked at it, but it's the foundation of everything else he teaches.  It gives you an understanding of how notes form scales, scales form chords, and chords form progressions, and progressions form songs.  It's the best piano course and music theory book out there.  You'll learn all the shortcuts to building chords, number system, Circle Of Fifths, and so much more.

I've got to go, but check out these links for more info:
http://www.gkdvds.com Gospel Keys DVDs
http://www.playpianosecrets.com The Secrets To Playing Piano By Ear

God bless! :)
Tammy

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 12:23:42 PM »
Well, i'm sold :)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »
???  This is one of his sites too????  I know his site is Gospel Keyboard and Jamal does sell Jermaine's products on his site too.

No, this ISN'T one of his sites. We just hack his wares here, is all.  :D :D :D

Offline tammyid

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 2-21-09 Kirk Franklin & I after VA Tech concert
    • Play The Piano By Ear

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

No, this ISN'T one of his sites. We just hack his wares here, is all.  :D :D :D

lol!  I thought so.  He's an awesome musician!  I love that video where he surprised Mark Chirrona, playing.

God bless! :)
Tammy
Pages: [1]   Go Up