LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: punishment HOW WILL WE BE JUDGED  (Read 590 times)

Offline theone4c

• LGM Member

punishment HOW WILL WE BE JUDGED
« on: August 13, 2005, 02:27:55 AM »
1st I would like to say all you guys are awesome its so cool to find a web site to help you grow in your talents. I want to ask you all a question that I hope stimulates your heart and mind. Here's the story,
    there was a fireman parked on the side of the road he had bought his boss a very expensive cd player. He was testing it out and on the other side of the road was a burning building. there was a family on the third floor, people out on the street where hitting the truck, yelling at him to help but he just sat there playing with the cd player. the mother and son burned to death and finally the father grabbed his daughter jumped out the window and they both fell to their death. the following day he was in court to be sentenced for his dispicable actions. HERE IS THE QUESTION
if you where the judge how would you sentence him. DEATH,LIFE IN PRISON, 40-50-60 years think about it and have youe anser BEFORE YOU READ ON! if you did not answer death or life in prison just think what if that was your family in that building?

Here we have a fireman that had all the equipment he needed to save that family but insted he just sat where it was comfortable. When Jesus returnes HOW WILL WE BE JUDGED? we sit in our comfrt zones with all the equipment we need and watch as our friends, family and co-workers burn in there sins on there way to hell. I ask this question with love. As the church we need to open our eyes and take back our family members, neighborhood, state and our country.

God Bless

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 03:33:52 AM »
The difference between that situation and a spiritual one is that in first example we'd call that something like negligent homicide, so the person wouldn't get a full death sentence. I would find them guilty of negligent homicide, if I was on the jury....

....In the second example, that situation would equate to someone commiting a sin. In that case, there is only one sentence for all sins, death. There is no "negligent sin".

James 2:1-10 talks about how one could be guilty of sinning, just because they treated one person differently than another person. This is a very easy trap to fall into.

tondee

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 07:32:54 AM »
This sound similar to the story Jesus said about the servant who buried his money instead of trying to make a profit for his Lord.  Jesus referred to his a "wicked and slothful servant."  

Mt 25:30
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

So, regardless of what I think the sentence should be, this is ONE biblical view of it.

Tony

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 08:00:48 AM »
Forget the story, ya'll.  :roll:  The question is: do you all get his point??  8O

yielded

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 02:17:05 PM »
I hear you LadyWiz.  I do have a question though, and maybe I'm reading too deep into this, but here it is....

Was the fireman in a fire truck?  If so, then he definitly deserves prison time.  If he was in his own car, how did the people know that he was a firemen?

Hey, I said that I might be reading too deeping into, but that's how I look at things.

Offline theone4c

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 07:17:40 PM »
great observation guys, The fireman represents us christians, the people in the burning building represent the world. Everyday we run into people who are not saved and on there way to hell. like the fireman we have the tools and knowladge to save these people, but instead we sit in our comfort zones. we sit in our nice big fire truck (church) and watch as the people in the burning bulding die. mark 16:15 and HE said to them "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation". Leonard Ravenhill Said "how can we as christians consider ourselves saved if we have no concern for the salvation of others". bottom line we must share the gospel with the people we come in contact with. all the people we could have sared the gospel with but did't, there blood will be on our hands.

let your compassion cunsume your fear.
if you don't feel equipped to share your faith go to www.wayofthemaster.com

God Bless and lets take our country back

yielded

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »
Interesting analogy with the fire truck and all.  I guess that you're saying that many pseudo-Christians turn a deaf ear when it comes to sharing God's plan for the salvation of mankind.  If that's what you're saying, then I pose this question: Does a "real" Christian not share his or her faith in God, through Jesus, with non-believers?

Offline theone4c

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 11:39:31 PM »
89% of America proclaims to be "christian", but only 2% share their faith on a regular basis.  Ask your friends at chruch how many of them share their faith on a regular basis.  Before I went through the Way of the Master course, I didn't share my faith because of fear and lack of knowledge.  If you have the same issues that I did, then go check out www.wayofthemaster.com.  Lots of great witnessing info.  

God Bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up