LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drum track machines  (Read 1324 times)

Offline faNToMp6aYa

• LGM Member

Drum track machines
« on: October 18, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »
Whats up fellaz.  My church bought a Roland SPD-S Sampling Pad (drum loop machine) a while back.  They've been wanting us to use it, but this thing just seems too complicated to use.  Besides that, the machine can only hold up to like 4 songs at a time...

Do any of you drummers/programmers out here know of a really good (and simple) drum machine that our church should purchase, not just for praise and worship but for our concerts and studio time.

thanks for any responses...

Offline stiksnmypocket

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

Re: Drum track machines
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 03:47:11 PM »
Whats up fellaz.  My church bought a Roland SPD-S Sampling Pad (drum loop machine) a while back.  They've been wanting us to use it, but this thing just seems too complicated to use.  Besides that, the machine can only hold up to like 4 songs at a time...

Do any of you drummers/programmers out here know of a really good (and simple) drum machine that our church should purchase, not just for praise and worship but for our concerts and studio time.

thanks for any responses...

dude theres nothing wrong with the spds pad, just read the manual and learn it, its great for tracks, u can either sample tracks into it really simple, or you cna sit there and make them yourself...really simple, as far as memory, get a 1gb card or 2 or 3 and save all your stuff on there..... also if you dont want to read the instructions theres tons of youtube intructionals on how to use this pad and the capabilities of it

ROLAND SPD-S TURBO START :: Roland Iberia

1 of many
Do what you do, but do it well!!!

Offline faNToMp6aYa

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:32:13 PM »
thanks stiksnmypocket for the info.  i have used the phrase maker to make a few loops, but the amount of storage that 1 phrase make file takes up isn't what i thought it would be.  from what i've found about this pad is that its more for "live" playing.  i want a drum machine that can be used to loop songs (more than just 4).  i need something that will give me at least 30 at a time.  not even a 1 gig card will be able to do this on this machine (i don't believe). 

i'll do a little more research though.

thanks.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 10:59:12 PM »
Maybe you should look into the Akai MPC-2500, 100, or 500 based upon your budget. 

http://www.akaipro.com/mpc
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:04 AM »
Maybe you should look into the Akai MPC-2500, 100, or 500 based upon your budget. 

http://www.akaipro.com/mpc

Yea doc MPC all the way for that stuff

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:31:41 AM »
My vote also goes for the Akai MPC.  The 1000 (or the 2500) model will do you just fine.
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 08:24:12 AM »
The MPC can handle anything from a sample loop, to some crazy banging drums, to all instruments, and even voices.  They even have sound/loop libraries available for the machines.  Click on the accessories section on the site.

My best friend has 2 MPC-60's that are still going strong after all of these years.
When you've done your very best, do even better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up