LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nelson Mandela  (Read 906 times)

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Nelson Mandela
« on: December 05, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »
Passed today at the age of 95

Offline blyempowered

• LGM Member

Re: Nelson Mandela
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:29:18 PM »
Tremendous loss today. It was expected but it's still a heavy loss. Prayers to the family. May God bless the legacy of Nelson Mandela.

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »
I'm pleased to see the outpouring of love and respect for him worldwide.  He definitely made a difference in this world.

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:22:13 PM »
He will be missed as his life made a tremendous difference in the lives of others.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:56:50 AM »
I was so appalled by some of the responses I read on Facebook. Some of our fellow African American brothers and sisters didn't understand the significance of Nelson Mandela. Mr. Mandela was truly an icon that will be missed....RIP Mr. Mandela!
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 11:21:05 AM »
"Now he belongs to the ages"

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »
I was so appalled by some of the responses I read on Facebook. Some of our fellow African American brothers and sisters didn't understand the significance of Nelson Mandela. Mr. Mandela was truly an icon that will be missed....RIP Mr. Mandela!

One of my colleagues (he is African American) has a daughter who is a freshman in college and she just didn't have a clue.  Upon hearing news of Manela's passing, her response was to the effect of "some famous guy died".  What?  But this also underscores a point that I think many of us who are a little older take for granted that young people know the significance of people such as Nelson Mandela.  They all know who Paul Walker was (and I'm not trying to compare the two or deny that Mr. Walker's loss carries its own significance) or any other celebrity for that matter, but when it comes to a person who's has changed so many lives and indeed the destiny of an entire nation they are clueless.  Mr. Mandela also was the embodiment of what forgiveness looks like.  Instead of being an angry and bitter man (and who would have faulted him) he showed love and wanted all South Africans to live together as one people.  The significance of his life was far beyond just the Black community.  This isn't "a black thing", but a human thing.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 08:56:54 AM »
Shoot, even my 12 year-old son knew who he was.  I wasn't surprised that he knew who he was, but I was surprised that he was visibly affected by his death. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up