LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should all drugs be legal like alcohol in the USA?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Should all drugs be legal like alcohol in the USA?
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:40:24 PM »
In the USA we are witnessing a cultural shift taking place where weed also known as marijuana is become legal for recreational use in some states. One of the guys  behind the moevement and according to this article he is the main person who has been working on this since before 1996 wants to legalize all drugs.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/27/21578665-legalize-all-drugs-the-man-behind-loosening-pot-laws-in-us-eyes-new-goal?lite

So what do you say and how do you feel about if it was legal to go to the store and by some heroin for the evening's party? Like how some people may go buy a case of wine or beer for a party.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

Re: Should all drugs be legal like alcohol in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:25:57 AM »
I think Jesus is coming and will make all things new.
Until that day...we're lost.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:08:42 AM »
In the USA we are witnessing a cultural shift taking place where weed also known as marijuana is become legal for recreational use in some states. One of the guys  behind the moevement and according to this article he is the main person who has been working on this since before 1996 wants to legalize all drugs.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/27/21578665-legalize-all-drugs-the-man-behind-loosening-pot-laws-in-us-eyes-new-goal?lite

So what do you say and how do you feel about if it was legal to go to the store and by some heroin for the evening's party? Like how some people may go buy a case of wine or beer for a party.

I don't think heroin or cocaine should be legalized.. but marijuana should have been legalized, regulated  and taxed a long time ago IMO.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
I don't think heroin or cocaine should be legalized.. but marijuana should have been legalized, regulated  and taxed a long time ago IMO.

I agree with you, but I also believe that any and all drug and alcohol use should be heavily regulated and the abuse of them should be penalized much more severely than it is currently.
Too many repeat DUI offenders getting slaps on the wrist before they hurt or kill themselves or others.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »
I agree with you, but I also believe that any and all drug and alcohol use should be heavily regulated and the abuse of them should be penalized much more severely than it is currently.
Too many repeat DUI offenders getting slaps on the wrist before they hurt or kill themselves or others.

I agree, because to me that is what the whole thing boils down to.

if there is an increase to a drug (lets use marijuana) we can't do it like how beer was regulated where it takes a group like MADD before reform is done.

i wouldn't even know where to begin with some of the stronger drugs ... like ... yeah i have no idea

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

Yuppers..

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
Legalizing drugs? A real bummer.  Do you know how many children are born each day whose mothers were on drugs ,  that are hopelessly brain challenged or ADHD victims?   How many people, of those on the streets, are there because they are brain dead from drugs? What single thing can you say is good from the result of illegal drug use?  Would the number be larger if drugs were legalized?  Alcohol is a bummer, why do you need another one?   How many people are in jail for crimes directly related to drug use/need/sales?  If you let all those addicts have all the drugs they could eat/smoke,snort,shoot-up or otherwise consume, do you think that they would suddenly go to work to earn money to buy them?   Even if you gave them all the drugs that they wanted, would they suddenly become upstanding parents, students, workers, citizens etc.

Do you think a society of drug addicts would be an admirable one?

I wish that I knew the answer to the drug problem in the United States.  There's too much money involved to stop it entirely from the top.  The solutions are too severe to stop it entirely from the bottom--but history tells us that it can be done. 

History also tells that a free drug society is bad news.   We'd better keep our finger in the dyke.

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »
"Legalizing drugs" is far too broad and open ended. The OP said "Should all drugs be legal like alcohol in the USA?" to which some responded "some drugs but not others".. and that to me is the most sensible way to handle the situation.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
Weed just stinks... I don't want more of it around me... can't stand the smell...

I think the further we push the envelope, the further it wants to be pushed.  Right now people are saying just weed because it doesn't do any harm, when actually it does a lot of harm and so does alcohol, but society enlarges the scope of what we are willing to accept as time passes.  Future generations will be lobbying to legalize cocaine and the argument will be more viable than it is today.

Offline Docdb04

• LGM Member
  • I Stand At the Door and Knock

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 10:06:40 AM »

This is it.  The penalty for abuse isn't strong enough, as among other things.  I can never understand how a person can become intoxicated, get behind the wheele, kill a person and only get 3-5 years if that.  On top of that, get special treatment for their habit. 

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »
Nope.
Pages: [1]   Go Up