LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From Bass to Organ  (Read 1162 times)

tewest86

From Bass to Organ
« on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
What should I do to start learning organ?  I play bass guitar and I am 25.  I've played bass for alot of different people and I'm not a beginner.  I know alot of theory as far as chords, triads, tri-tones, scale degrees, modes, etc...  I've been playing bass long enough where it's just natural.  I have some tricks up my sleeve and stuff like that in order to turn heads.  I still want bass to be my main instrument but I want to get to the same level on the organ.  I've never played keys or even key bass.  I know my notes on the organ but that's it.   Where should I start?  I want to be able to handle a service in about 3-5 yrs so I will be pushing myself.  I've been playing bass for 6 yrs.  I don't have an organ at home but there is one at the church I play bass at.  What can I get to learn organ at home? What learning material should I purchase?  Thanks for you help. 

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: From Bass to Organ
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
I say either get a teacher or get instructional DVDs. I learned by teaching myself and watching DVDs from showmethat.com, Gospelmusicians.com and Hear and Play (see the link in my signature  ;D ). When I got a teacher though, it took my playing to another level.

Since you know your chords and how to play bass already it should be pretty easy for you.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Re: From Bass to Organ
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »
welcome-echo what 13 said !!

Get a practice set of keys for home

be blessed
Pages: [1]   Go Up