LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Progressions (Very Important)  (Read 1070 times)

Offline bullet1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Help with Progressions (Very Important)
« on: January 08, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
Okay I was thinking about something and I need the help of the LGM Musical WIzards (I.E. T-Block and others).  I think this will help out a lot of the new keyboard players like myself.  I know you have posted the progressions and such but what if you list songs by the progressions instead of saying this is the progression.  I think it will help with application and also speed up the process of those that are trying to learn theory and the application of it.  I hope this is making sense and that it hasn't been done already.  So here is what I am saying if I am not clear.  For example (everybody knows this song and how to play it) Never would've made it, it is basically the 1-7-3-6-2-5-1-4-3-6-2-3-4-6-7-1.  There is none like you is basically the same progression and so on.  What if you challenge those that want to be musicians and say here is the list of songs with the same or similar progression(s) now learn it in every key.  What do you'll think???

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Re: Help with Progressions (Very Important)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
That's not a bad idea, but you gotta remember that not all musicians listen to the same songs. So, I could post a song with a particular progression, but if no one has heard the song before and it can't be heard online, what good has it done?

Also, my goal isn't for you to learn songs. My goal is for you to learn musical patterns that make up songs. How well you know the patterns will greatly affect how well you will pick up on learning songs.

One more thing is not all the patterns are as "cut and dry" as they are posted here on LGM. The overall pattern might be there, but there may be little nuances that make it seem like it's something harder.

It's all a learning process. Any beginner won't really be anywhere near the musician you want to be for at least 10 years so you might as well slow down and learn at your own pace.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up