LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Embarassing Moments at Work  (Read 11773 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Embarassing Moments at Work
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:24:05 AM »
Anybody have any?

Most of mine involve mixing church with work.  I had to start this thread because I actually have TWO that happened within the last 24 hours.

Last night, I was in the office until about 10.  I was snacking on some popcorn, and had to return a file to my boss.  This morning, at about 6:15 a.m. I got an e-mail from my boss saying "thanks for the popcorn, you must've known I'd be starving this morning"  I was like  ?/? ?/? but I didn't respond to the e-mail.  When I got in today, she told me that on top of the file I left on her desk was one whole piece of popcorn, just sitting there as though I carefully placed it for her!  :D :D :D :-[  Oops!  :D

Then, because I worked late last night, I had my music up loud (which I always do once everyone goes home).  So a few minutes ago, I went to turn my music on (which I keep low during the daytime), and Ron Winans Family & Friends III "Who Would've Thought" starts playing... if you're familiar with that song, you know that it starts off with the announcer screaming to the top of his lungs "Hallelujahhhhhhhh, gloraaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... [insert very loud tongues]".  And the volume was still set high from last night, so it blasted throughout my entire office...  :-[ :-[ :-[

I can't even laugh at that one. I'm still embarassed.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline emusicme28

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Embarassing Moments at Work
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »
Mine had to be the time I went in to check on a patient who was headed to the restroom to wash her hands. She was wheelchair bound so I helped her in and turned the water on for her, but instead of the water running into the sink, the focet shot off and water started shooting up everywhere.  :D The patient was screaming and I was trying to reach the call button while being blinded by shooting water. I couldnt get us out of the bathroom because I had gone in first so her wheelchair had us blocked in. Finally, I remembered that there was a knob under the sink that would shut the water off and after slipping a few times I managed to find it and turn it off.

I moved her chair out of the way and heard people running up the hall. The door opened and about 4 co-workers were standing there like WITW!! After getting the patient squared away we went outside and the joke was on me. LOL. I was so embarrased that I went home for the rest of the day.I was soaked from head to toe. :D

Defining the heart of a servant through worship.......

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »
My desk and PC are within visible sight of everybody. I fell asleep for (i suspect) 15 minutes and woke up to find:

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllll

...all over my screen.

So. Horribly. Embarrassing. :(
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »
Once I fell asleep in front of my boss as she was standing over me. I knew I was sleeping, and I knew someone was standing there, but I didnt know it was my boss, I thought it was another coworker writing something on the board.

Once I was updating a user's 'ticket' (kinda like a work order), and I was on LGM at the same time and I accidentally   copied a bible verse from Biblegateway into the ticket and and sent it out as an email. The user replied asking what did that have to do with his issue.

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »
My desk and PC are within visible sight of everybody. I fell asleep for (i suspect) 15 minutes and woke up to find:

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllll

...all over my screen.

So. Horribly. Embarrassing. :(

:D :D  so sorry, but truly had to LOL!

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »
Once I fell asleep in front of my boss as she was standing over me. I knew I was sleeping, and I knew someone was standing there, but I didnt know it was my boss, I thought it was another coworker writing something on the board.

Once I was updating a user's 'ticket' (kinda like a work order), and I was on LGM at the same time and I accidentally   copied a bible verse from Biblegateway into the ticket and and sent it out as an email. The user replied asking what did that have to do with his issue.

Oooooooweeeee!! Y'all are killing me over here!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 11:16:11 AM »

Once I was updating a user's 'ticket' (kinda like a work order), and I was on LGM at the same time and I accidentally   copied a bible verse from Biblegateway into the ticket and and sent it out as an email. The user replied asking what did that have to do with his issue.

HHHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D That is so embarassing.
I once said "Praise the Lord, this is LaRue" on someone's voice mail at work, and my mind immediately caught it and knew to erase and re-record, but my fingers thought that meant "hang up and call back."  Of course, when you hang up, the voice mail is sent... so, then I had to call back and apologize for hanging up abruptly... lol.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »
Two weeks ago, I come into work and as soon as I sit down, my supervisor comes over and starts asking 50-leven questions before I could even clock in.  I was heated!  I sent an email to the two people that sit around me stating 'Can I at least sit down and clock in before I get asked 80 questions?'.  I leave my desk and go to the break room and I had asked one of the girls had she gotten my message.  She said 'no but I'll check it in a minute'.

10 minutes go by and she was like, 'your email was hilarious, but did you mean to send that to your supervisor too?'  I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  I thought she was messing with me, but sure enough....instead of sending it to my second neighbor, I sent it to my supervisor...who I was talking about!

First action was to recall the message because I knew she was in a meeting.  Failed.  So my coworker and I came up with an idea to pretend like I was having a bad morning.  So she went to her desk and apologized for asking me questions (as if I was addressing her and my supervisor).  I then came back and apologized and said I had a very bad weekend.

The supervisor wrote me back and said 'I know things have been very trying, but dont get that worked up.  Things will get better...I promise'.  She was super nice to me ever since.  So what was an embarrassing situation turned out to be great in the end...LOL!
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 11:37:56 AM »
Two weeks ago, I come into work and as soon as I sit down, my supervisor comes over and starts asking 50-leven questions before I could even clock in.  I was heated!  I sent an email to the two people that sit around me stating 'Can I at least sit down and clock in before I get asked 80 questions?'.  I leave my desk and go to the break room and I had asked one of the girls had she gotten my message.  She said 'no but I'll check it in a minute'.

10 minutes go by and she was like, 'your email was hilarious, but did you mean to send that to your supervisor too?'  I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  I thought she was messing with me, but sure enough....instead of sending it to my second neighbor, I sent it to my supervisor...who I was talking about!

First action was to recall the message because I knew she was in a meeting.  Failed.  So my coworker and I came up with an idea to pretend like I was having a bad morning.  So she went to her desk and apologized for asking me questions (as if I was addressing her and my supervisor).  I then came back and apologized and said I had a very bad weekend.

The supervisor wrote me back and said 'I know things have been very trying, but dont get that worked up.  Things will get better...I promise'.  She was super nice to me ever since.  So what was an embarrassing situation turned out to be great in the end...LOL!

A certain church member I know clicked "reply all" on an email that really shouldn't have been sent in the first place, but she meant to send it to her bff... she was bashing the pastor, the leaders by name, the church as a whole... she just went off!  And everyone in the church was copied.

Your story is priceless, though.  And your supervisor has very good mgmt skills (or at least she does in that instance).

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »
Just today, I woman was walking around in the Breakfast pad, acting like she was God's gift to life.  She was wearing a white skirt.  About 5 minutes I saw her and she was about to cry.  She had waisted her coke all over her white skirt.
:)

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 11:50:12 AM »
While working at my last job, I needed to leave work to go on an interview.  Since I was the only IT person there, I needed a really good excuse.  I couldn't think of anything other than to say my mother had fallen and I needed to leave to check on her.  I hate lying.

A couple weeks later, my boss asked how's my mom doing?  I was like huh?  What are you talking about?  Then, I remembered.  I really had to play it off and said she's doing fine, thanks for asking.    :-\
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

B_XALTED

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »
I was in a meeting with my District Manager, who I find very attrcive... Anyway, he hands me this document that I needed to circulate to my team, and a random booger falls out of my nose, and lands on the paper as I was taking it from him. It slapped the paper and had a hair in it. LOL. Gross, yes, embarassing, OH YEAH!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »
Mine had to be the time I went in to check on a patient who was headed to the restroom to wash her hands. She was wheelchair bound so I helped her in and turned the water on for her, but instead of the water running into the sink, the focet shot off and water started shooting up everywhere.  :D The patient was screaming and I was trying to reach the call button while being blinded by shooting water. I couldnt get us out of the bathroom because I had gone in first so her wheelchair had us blocked in. Finally, I remembered that there was a knob under the sink that would shut the water off and after slipping a few times I managed to find it and turn it off.

I moved her chair out of the way and heard people running up the hall. The door opened and about 4 co-workers were standing there like WITW!! After getting the patient squared away we went outside and the joke was on me. LOL. I was so embarrased that I went home for the rest of the day.I was soaked from head to toe. :D

OMG I almost missed that one! How hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D ;D :D :D :D

Offline emusicme28

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 11:58:51 AM »
I was in a meeting with my District Manager, who I find very attrcive... Anyway, he hands me this document that I needed to circulate to my team, and a random booger falls out of my nose, and lands on the paper as I was taking it from him. It slapped the paper and had a hair in it. LOL. Gross, yes, embarassing, OH YEAH!

Oh my goodness! I got embarassed for you just reading that. I don't know what I would've done.

Offline pastor j sands

• LGM Member
  • Living to please Yahweh!

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »
 :-[....umm for some strange reason, I always have this bad habit of sneeze/farting AT WORK......it never occurs anywhere else......I need help LGM :-[
ADVANCING THE KINGDOM!!!!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »

Once I was updating a user's 'ticket' (kinda like a work order), and I was on LGM at the same time and I accidentally   copied a bible verse from Biblegateway into the ticket and and sent it out as an email. The user replied asking what did that have to do with his issue.

Sweet.

Offline emusicme28

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 12:16:20 PM »

This reminds me of something that happened to one of my friends. He was working the graveyard shift and his job kept him in an isolated spot in the plant that had a little closet. Needless to say, he would take advantage of that spot every chance he got. One day, he woke up to see the head boss standing right in the closet doorway looking at him.

He started trying to get up but his boss said "Oh no Ken, don't bother about getting up on my account. Go back to sleep. Just know that when you wake up your job is history".  :D :D

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 12:48:09 PM »

Oh, wow..... :-X :-X

Offline blesedone1

• LGM Member
  • Happily, Happily Married

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »
OMG, definitely....we usually have Friday morning meetings. 7AM I was talking and after I got through talking and telling everyone what they needed to do and must do I ended saying. "AMEN" real loud as if I was in church...I was like OMG. Sorry ya'll you can tell I go to church ALOT! ::)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »
Speaking of emails, I used to always send out emails to everybody in the company and forget to attach the attachment. No more than 30 seconds after I sent the message, I would have a dozen calls asking where is the attachment? I'm Glad I havent messed up any company wide emails on my new job
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up