LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what r u singing????  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

what r u singing????
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »
Hello MOM's, praise leaders and singers alike. just want to know what songs you've been singing in your services...trying to find out what songs are being sung through out the body of Christ..i'll start

anything Isreal lol( trying to move differently)
and of course all the traditional congregationals...

My issue is that my Pastor wants us to introduce new songs..but a lot of the new music that is out theres as far as i can see is not really congregatially friendly..lot's of music parts and changes..that can sometimes turn what is suppose to be a preparation for the word into a concert of them watching us sing...any and all help is much appreciated..

God doesn't want your gifts. He wants your life...

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: what r u singing????
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 12:46:15 PM »
Hello MOM's, praise leaders and singers alike. just want to know what songs you've been singing in your services...trying to find out what songs are being sung through out the body of Christ..i'll start

My issue is that my Pastor wants us to introduce new songs..but a lot of the new music that is out theres as far as i can see is not really congregatially friendly..lot's of music parts and changes..that can sometimes turn what is suppose to be a preparation for the word into a concert of them watching us sing...any and all help is much appreciated..

Thats why I like the traditional praise and worship songs as well as hymns. Everybody can participate.

As far as the congregation not knowing the words, you can print them out and put them in the buliten. At my church we use plasma screens and a computer program to display the lyrics of all the songs, but that isnt cheap.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:05:46 PM »

We do lots of Israel, as well.

We do Stephen Hurd; Rhema Worship and Praise; Chicago Mass Choir (there Praise in Atlanta CD is what I'm trying to get my pastor hooked into now).

Jonathan Nelson (Bettah); we do CCM (How great is our God).

That's some of it.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:26:23 PM »
We do lots of Israel, as well.

We do Stephen Hurd; Rhema Worship and Praise; Chicago Mass Choir (there Praise in Atlanta CD is what I'm trying to get my pastor hooked into now).

Jonathan Nelson (Bettah); we do CCM (How great is our God).

That's some of it.

We did How great is our God but honestly i like the way the original one was did the chord changes are way sweeter. I've been listening to Stephen Hurd his stuff is good too..i love that one My destiny.. i know waht i'm here for...awe man..

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 02:28:31 PM »
Thats why I like the traditional praise and worship songs as well as hymns. Everybody can participate.

As far as the congregation not knowing the words, you can print them out and put them in the buliten. At my church we use plasma screens and a computer program to display the lyrics of all the songs, but that isnt cheap.

don't i know it..wer'e trying to budget a screen in for next year.. and i love the Hymns way back when you wasn'ta musician unless you knew how to play some Hymns..the right way..mess around and get embarassed..get kicked off the organ..lol

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 02:38:53 PM »

don't i know it..wer'e trying to budget a screen in for next year.. and i love the Hymns way back when you wasn'ta musician unless you knew how to play some Hymns..the right way..mess around and get embarassed..get kicked off the organ..lol

yeah the screens are helpful, they can also be used during the sermon for the pasor's notes and for bible verses. I hink they paid around 6000 for two big plasmas for the congregation, and one 32" for the praise team, as well as a computer and all of the wiring.

lol at gettin kicked off the ogarn, there was a thread on that a long while back.

As for hymns, I love when we do hymns, the leaders mix it up, so they might only do like one hymn or tradition PnW song in their set. The rest of the songs are by isreal, jaunita bynum, judith mcalister etc etc,(which I aint really feelin).

If you want, I can get the list of some of the songs that they do, I cant think of them off hand.

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 02:45:09 PM »
We do alot of Israel ;D
we also do Donnie Mcclurkin, Judith McAllister, Stephen Hurd, William Murphy, Shekinah Glory (Worship), and others :D ;D

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 04:45:52 PM »
Thank you all for your input..keep them coming and Under13 if you can get that list that would be great..i have rehearsal tonight and i've been listening to some stuff all day..just trying to here what God is doing inthe body as a whole is blessing me..t's not always about the top 20 but what really minister to the heart of the people....

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 07:39:53 PM »
Thank you all for your input..keep them coming and Under13 if you can get that list that would be great..i have rehearsal tonight and i've been listening to some stuff all day..just trying to here what God is doing inthe body as a whole is blessing me..t's not always about the top 20 but what really minister to the heart of the people....

Bruh, allow me to hip you to Rhema Worship and Praise 'The Experience'; it'll change your life.  ;)

Also, Troy Sneed's first album, 'A state of Worship'; it'll bless you.  ;)

8)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Gospelstar21

• LGM Member
  • For God I live, and For God I die.
    • Myspace

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 11:26:53 PM »
We do Israel of course, William Murphy, Some Tye Tribbett ( worship usually), whatever will minister to God's people. I feel we are in a day and age where we have to sing songs that will free the atmosphere and allow the very presence of God in. Hymns are nice..but depending on the age range of the church, you might wanna consider mixing it up a little..you don't want to lose the young people either...remember they are the future church. We be up there jamming ..lead, bass, two keyboards...everything...we go from traditional songs to rock sometimes...!!
More than a Conqueror

Offline 1voice

• LGM Member
  • Home.....

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »
Thank you all for your input....
it's not always about the top 20 but what really minister to the heart of the people....

that right there brother, keep that feeling always. I myself always go to what moves my heart, not what the new song is out there.
I'm working on "leaning on his everlasting arm", by the five blind boys of mississippi, for my male choir.Yea the way it touches me, i want to sound just like them.
Let your voice, be one voice, to Glorify the Lord.

Offline farenhype

• LGM Member
    • LTMG

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »
We're doing original music I wrote, produced, and arranged. One of the songs is a remake of Holy Holy Holy the hymn. I should have a link soon

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 04:44:55 PM »
We're doing original music I wrote, produced, and arranged. One of the songs is a remake of Holy Holy Holy the hymn. I should have a link soon

To be honest with you..these days i feel that's where God is leading me.. there is a vault of songs and melodies waiting to be discovered if we can just tap into it..praise and worship should be dynamic and spontanious not unchanging and predictable  ..

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 06:59:16 PM »
Lol.  It's funny how P&W music is hot right now and barely any of it you'll hear in church! 

Here are some suggestions

Motor City Mass Choir
Shekinah Glory Ministries
Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir3
Martha Munizzi
Alvin Slaughter
Mary Alessi (from what I heard she doesn't have a lot of original material.  However she might have a version of something you might like)
Vicki Yohe (personally I like her version of "Because of Who You Are over Martha's)
Kirk Franklin's earlier stuff
Donnie McClurkin

Look into worship CDs like:

"Together In Worship" - Deitrick Haddon Presents Voices of Unity
"Worship With Natalie Grant And Friends" - Natalie Grant

pretty much worship compilations.  Natalie and Alvin sing the version of "Holy, Holy, Holy" that we sing at church.  I've heard a few songs I like off of both of these albums that I think are decent.  As always, youtube the songs before you buy them. 

Songs that we sing on a regular at my church:

You Are Holy - Motor City Mass Choir
He Reigns (We Sing Praises) - Based on Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir's version
Holy, Holy, Holy - Based on Alvin Slaughter's version
We've Come This Far by Faith - Donnie McClurkin
Let it Rise - Based on William Murphy's version
I Love You Lord/We Exalt Thee - ???
Hallelujah - Based on Andre Crouch's version
Hallelujah, Salvation, and Glory - ???

Lol, my mind just went blank on songs we've done!   :D  If I remember the rest of the list I'll get back to you.

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 10:16:12 PM »
It's crazy becuase the  concpet of p&w is fairly new to some churches but as long as i can remember church we've had a praise team and so it' difficult becuse most of the songs that other churchess re dong we've done and is getting old right now... but Together in worship is off the chan we're suppose to be doing Revival later n this month..I've been listening to Tye's new album stand out off the hook..John Francis has a album that i want to get..

Lol.  It's funny how P&W music is hot right now and barely any of it you'll hear in church! 

Here are some suggestions

Motor City Mass Choir
Shekinah Glory Ministries
Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir3
Martha Munizzi
Alvin Slaughter
Mary Alessi (from what I heard she doesn't have a lot of original material.  However she might have a version of something you might like)
Vicki Yohe (personally I like her version of "Because of Who You Are over Martha's)
Kirk Franklin's earlier stuff
Donnie McClurkin

Look into worship CDs like:

"Together In Worship" - Deitrick Haddon Presents Voices of Unity
"Worship With Natalie Grant And Friends" - Natalie Grant

pretty much worship compilations.  Natalie and Alvin sing the version of "Holy, Holy, Holy" that we sing at church.  I've heard a few songs I like off of both of these albums that I think are decent.  As always, youtube the songs before you buy them. 

Songs that we sing on a regular at my church:

You Are Holy - Motor City Mass Choir
He Reigns (We Sing Praises) - Based on Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir's version
Holy, Holy, Holy - Based on Alvin Slaughter's version
We've Come This Far by Faith - Donnie McClurkin
Let it Rise - Based on William Murphy's version
I Love You Lord/We Exalt Thee - ???
Hallelujah - Based on Andre Crouch's version
Hallelujah, Salvation, and Glory - ???

Lol, my mind just went blank on songs we've done!   :D  If I remember the rest of the list I'll get back to you.

Offline kenyaready

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 10:50:32 PM »
He's The Light by Ricky Dillard
Everyday Is A Day Of Thanksgiving - Old origional version
Let's Praise The Lord by Youthful Praise
For Every Mountain
There Is A Name
Praise Is What I Do
Search Me Lord by Ricky Dillard
Bless The Lord With Me